Frustration Thread 4

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Frustration Thread 4

Postby Batty » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:04 pm

You've every right to be annoyed, Ghost.
Some people do not know how to be appreciative. You should have said what you suggested, and then awaited the response! :whistle:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby chillicamper » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:29 am

Catch-up wrote:We now have two sick girls and hubby and I aren't feeling so wonderful. :roll:

Hope that you are all feeling better soon.
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby ChristianBecker » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:37 am

Get better soon, Catch-up and family.

You're totally right to be upset, Ghost. I mean, my sister once tried to SELL me her boyfriend's old notebook, which was slower than my elderly desktop PC at this time. I'd've been all over the moon had she offered to give it to me for free, though.

@mc
Snowing here, too. Technically it is still winter until March 21st, so it's still snowing in winter. I guess we're just not used to this anymore. But as long as April, May etc. turn out nice, I'm not too frustrated.
On with their heads! I'm the clown prince of fools
if you don't get the joke it's your loss
Love and laughter you see are the new currency
'cause greed's coinage is not worth a toss

Exile yourself to the unforgiving continent of Wraeclast!
ChristianBecker

Postby Ghost » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:39 am

Batty wrote:You've every right to be annoyed, Ghost.
Some people do not know how to be appreciative. You should have said what you suggested, and then awaited the response! :whistle:

the thing is my nephew seems perfectly happy with the netbook
it's my sister with the issue and since she isn't the owner then she really hasn't the right to moan :evil:
and at the end of the day I don't want to take my nephews computer away from him because my sister has a issue with it
and I don't want to be the one to upset him
Ooh you cheeky little sea winkle
Ghost

Postby Catch-up » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:22 pm

Ghost, I would be annoyed too. That is so rude. Since you want to make sure he doesn't lose it, the next time she complains you can just say, "You're welcome. Glad he's enjoying it."

Thanks for all the get well wishes! Things do seem to be getting better here.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Ghost » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:45 pm

aww thats good I'm glad things are settling down round yours
and to the others I promise I'll stop boring you guys with with my stupid computer issues
Ghost

Postby Kari » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:15 pm

My telly hasn't been working properly for about the past week not picking up the picture properly. I did all the re-tuning stuff yesterday. Then I just turned the aerial around today and it worked! Darn thing. At least it works now.
Kari

Postby Conforumist » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:04 pm

Kari wrote:My telly hasn't been working properly for about the past week not picking up the picture properly. I did all the re-tuning stuff yesterday. Then I just turned the aerial around today and it worked! Darn thing. At least it works now.

aerial!?!?!!? :shock:
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby chillicamper » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:37 am

Conforumist wrote:
Kari wrote:My telly hasn't been working properly for about the past week not picking up the picture properly. I did all the re-tuning stuff yesterday. Then I just turned the aerial around today and it worked! Darn thing. At least it works now.

Is that shock that somone is till using an aerial and not a dish Con :?: :D

We have the same problem. Since the digital swap over the channels have been harder to get. I'm told my aerial should be ok, I'm just in an area where the signal is not so good. I haven't got a Sky dish - too expensive. There's no cable where I live - its a village in the country so I don't expect cable to make it here for a good few years yet :roll:

So that leaves either a new aerial for the freeview channels or a Freesat dish. Just haven't got round to affording a dish and decoder. If anyones got any recommendations it would be useful. Reception on some of the channels is non existent. :roll:
chillicamper

Postby Ghost » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:20 am

have you thought about buying signal booster I brought one yonks ago and it does the job just fine
99 percent of the time
Ghost

Postby ChristianBecker » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:35 am

chillicamper wrote:
Conforumist wrote:

Is that shock that somone is till using an aerial and not a dish Con :?: :D

Around here, you can't use a standard aerial anymore. We now have DVB-T (but I'm not sure many people use it. In a way, it's quite terrible as far as quality is concerned) which needs special antennae and receivers.
On with their heads! I'm the clown prince of fools
if you don't get the joke it's your loss
Love and laughter you see are the new currency
'cause greed's coinage is not worth a toss

Exile yourself to the unforgiving continent of Wraeclast!
ChristianBecker

Postby chillicamper » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:30 am

Ghost wrote:have you thought about buying signal booster I brought one yonks ago and it does the job just fine
99 percent of the time

Got one. without it I'd get nothing on the telly - but i still only get about 2/3 of the freeview channels - the others just come up as frozen pixels or nothing at all. Really should look into a Freesat dish, but time and money, means I'm just putting up with the aerial for now.
chillicamper

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:51 am

The saga of my problems with the TV licence people continued this morning when I got this letter:

I've (obviously) blanked out my address.

The thing is - if I notify them to tell them I don't have a TV set, they won't be happy with that. They will insist that I allow an officer access to my home where he/she will search to make sure that I'm not lying. :roll:

Now I don't see why I should have to prove my innocence just to stop getting harassing, threatening letters like this. :evil:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Penfold » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:02 pm

I don't suppose contacting the ombudsman would help Tony? :?
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Bickaxe » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:08 pm

Tonyblack wrote:The thing is - if I notify them to tell them I don't have a TV set, they won't be happy with that. They will insist that I allow an officer access to my home where he/she will search to make sure that I'm not lying. :roll:

Now I don't see why I should have to prove my innocence just to stop getting harassing, threatening letters like this. :evil:

I notified them when I moved into my flat that I didn't have a tv. I received a letter back thanking me for updating their records. To my knowledge I've never had a visit to check. Certainly nobody has been when I've been here and if the letting agent violated the terms of the contract and let them in without letting me know, they wouldn't have found a TV anyway.
Fiendish til the en-
:twisted:
Bickaxe

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum