Unseen Academicals

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Lady Vetinari » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:35 pm

My order is being dispatched!!!!!!!!!!! :) At last - I had a rotten day until now! 8)
Who Watches The WatchMan?

Lady Vetinari

Postby mroobalooba » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:08 am

finished reading it yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it....it truely is discworld at its best!
can't wait for 'I shall wear midnight'
Crivens!
mroobalooba

Postby Thor Heimdallr » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:41 pm

Got my copy on October 1st, but didn't finish it until now as I have been quite swamped with work.

I've not got much to say about it except, once again, Sir Terry has got a brilliant mind. I absolutely loved the book and look forward to reading it again, as I'm doing the whole series yet again.
Night Watch
Thor Heimdallr

Postby The_Discworldaholic » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:20 pm

got my copy five days ago but still only up to page 48, its a difficult time for me with my dad about to die so i cant really get into it. :cry:
The_Discworldaholic

Postby Lady Vetinari » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:28 pm

Sorry to hear that, Discworldaholic :( !

Lady Vetinari

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:57 pm

The_Discworldaholic wrote:got my copy five days ago but still only up to page 48, its a difficult time for me with my dad about to die so i cant really get into it. :cry:

Am in the same boat so I feel for you hon. Perhaps it would be better to leave it for now so you don't have any 'bad associations' - then start over when you have more time and inclination? Hard to know what to do really isn't it? (((hugs for what it's worth)))
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Lady Vetinari » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:04 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:
The_Discworldaholic wrote:got my copy five days ago but still only up to page 48, its a difficult time for me with my dad about to die so i cant really get into it. :cry:

Am in the same boat so I feel for you hon. Perhaps it would be better to leave it for now so you don't have any 'bad associations' - then start over when you have more time and inclination? Hard to know what to do really isn't it? (((hugs for what it's worth)))

I completely agree about not reading it until things calm down. I started a book called Never Look Back by Lesley Pearse - it seemed there was a death in every fifty pages and I was reading it at the time my grandparents were dying - now I don't even want to touch the author ... scared somehow that as soon as I pick up another my surviving grandparent will also die...

Lady Vetinari

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:38 pm

I know the feeling my Dad passed away a few months ago but if they are in pain, or no longer wish to be here you have got to let them go, not easy but life has to go on for you, grieve and remember, time will heal then be at peace it happens to us all if he has had a good life that is something good to remember him by.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:00 pm

I lost my Da 10 years ago. I hope that our vibes and strength are felt by you. Know that we are with you in your pain and your trials. My vibes are purple, so when you see that colour, just remember you are cared about by someone in the world. (((HUGS)))
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Batty » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:44 am

Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit wrote:I lost my Da 10 years ago. I hope that our vibes and strength are felt by you. Know that we are with you in your pain and your trials. My vibes are purple, so when you see that colour, just remember you are cared about by someone in the world. (((HUGS)))

Nicely put, Tina.

(((HUGS))) to Discworldaholic! Image
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby chris.ph » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:11 pm

and jan as well
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Batty » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:46 pm

Sorry, Jan! ((((Hugs)))) to you as well! Image
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:39 pm

Thanks folks - :)

I'm blessing the anti-D's just now. I can only cry in 15 second bursts for some reason :roll:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Cheery » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:50 pm

HUGS to you Discworldaholic, Jan and Wee Dug!
Cheery

Wincanton

Postby theboywiththethankyoucard » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:10 am

Who went to the UU football match in Wincanton?
theboywiththethankyoucardandthankyoupostfrompoohcarrotonthetransworldterrypratchettforum
theboywiththethankyoucard

PreviousNext

Return to Latest books