Confessions

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Confessions

Postby Dotsie » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:46 pm

With this talk of the Pope I've come over all Holy Moly, and I'm ready to confess my sins.

When I was a teenager, one of my mum's friends had a son a year older than me. She thought he was wonderful, but he was in actual fact a tool, so when he asked me out I said no. She was sooo peed off with me , but I had integrity (yes indeed) and I wouldn't budge. However, when my dad grounded me for a week (I forget why, but it's probably good for another post when I remember), my mum gave me an out if I rang this boy for a date. So I did :oops: The shame! If it makes any difference, this boy stood me up for a second date, and when I phoned him the next day to find put why (I was a bit slow on the uptake), he'd met another girl he liked better and gone out with her instead. Ah well!

Who will forgive me? Do I deserve punishment, or have I suffered enough?

So, have you ever....
....dropped food, then served it anyway?
....faked illness to get out of a deadline?
....blamed it on the dog?

Confess! And feel better. Honest.

(P.S. If you've broken the law, I don't want to know)
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Re: Confessions

Postby Bickaxe » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:36 pm

When I was younger I went out with this girl. She was okay but the next day I met someone else and went out wth her instead.

I often wonder what happened to her.

:D

I can't confess my sins in a public place, it would take too long and I would be sentenced to life in every country I've stepped foot in. And some I haven't.
Fiendish til the en-
:twisted:
Bickaxe

Postby Sister Jennifer » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:22 am

I forgive you, my child.

Bickaxe, you're a different kettle of fish altogether.

I've dropped food and served it.

Continuing with the food topic, I cut my finger carving meat and bled on it. No one saw so I washed the meat off & served it anyway. I couldn't look anyone in the eye during the meal.

I haven't faked an illness. Unless a headache counts as an illness ;) .
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby RSoak » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:33 am

As a kid I nearly set my grandmother's house on fire playing with matches. Ended up being only a towel that got burnt, and that saint of a woman did no more than give me a semi-stern lecture.

I miss Gram. :(
It's not who you know, it's who I know. - Dad

The enemy of good is perfect. - Mom
RSoak

Postby Catch-up » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:27 pm

I have no confessions. I am completely innocent. :whistle:
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby raisindot » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:15 pm

I confess...that I only said I despised Pyramids just to p*ss Pooh off. I really only mildly dislike it. :shhh:
raisindot

Postby Dotsie » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:08 pm

I knew it! :lol:

I was once babysitting two little girls, but I fell asleep after putting them to bed. When I woke up, the credits to Psycho were rolling up the screen, and two kids were sitting by my feet, with faces locked in a silent scream pose. "His mum was in the chair!!! She was a skellington!!!!"

I used my bestest parenting skills. "How much to pretend this never happened?" Happily they were both more corrupt than they were traumatised, and I kept my job. Phew!
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:20 pm

I guess you won't be telling the adoption agency about that . . . :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby wicked woman » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:42 pm

I mixed the ingredients for 2 christmas cakes than realised that the flour was....lively. :oops: Wasn't going to throw it away so I figured that baking it would cure the problem. No one had poorly tummys any way.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby ChristianBecker » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:53 pm

I confess, I burnt a hole in the mattress,
Yes, yes, it was me, I plead guilty,
And on the count of three I pull back the duvet,
Make my way to the refrigerator,
One dry potato inside, no lie
Not even bread, jam,
When the light above my head went bam![1]

I have something like RSoak. Me and my cousin nearly set my uncle's house on fire. We were building model planes or something in a room dedicated to all kinds of tinkering, which had a lot of tools and wood and stuff in it. One of us tipped over an open bottle of spirit, no big deal. We wiped it up with some cloths. There was still a minor puddle left and the rags were soaked. So one of us, I won't mention names here :D, suggested to burn it. So we did. Unfortunately something caught fire that wasn't supposed to do so and in our panic we used the soaked rags to try to extinguish the fire. Bad idea.
In the end nothing much happened. We opened the window, threw the burning rags out and poured water over them. The scorched leftovers we then buried somewhere so that no awkward questions would arise. :D

[1] Just in case anyone wonders what this is. It's an extract from the lyrics of Insomnia by Faithless.
On with their heads! I'm the clown prince of fools
if you don't get the joke it's your loss
Love and laughter you see are the new currency
'cause greed's coinage is not worth a toss

Exile yourself to the unforgiving continent of Wraeclast!
ChristianBecker

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:23 pm

wicked woman wrote:I mixed the ingredients for 2 christmas cakes than realised that the flour was....lively. :oops: Wasn't going to throw it away so I figured that baking it would cure the problem. No one had poorly tummys any way.

Very good source of protein are flour mites... Well - everyone forgets that yeast's alive too, so no big deal :P

Dropped food on the floor lots of times - but if it's really fluffy I make the dog eat it. :oops:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby ChristianBecker » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:41 pm

wicked woman wrote:I mixed the ingredients for 2 christmas cakes than realised that the flour was....lively. :oops: Wasn't going to throw it away so I figured that baking it would cure the problem. No one had poorly tummys any way.

This reminds me of the one TNG episode with gore. Conspiracy was the name, I think.
On with their heads! I'm the clown prince of fools
if you don't get the joke it's your loss
Love and laughter you see are the new currency
'cause greed's coinage is not worth a toss

Exile yourself to the unforgiving continent of Wraeclast!
ChristianBecker

Postby chris.ph » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:22 pm

i could fill a couple of pages with what i got upto when i was younger :D :D ive broken all the commandments par one hopefully :lol: :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Dotsie » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:38 pm

Don't need to say any more chris! :shock:

Tonyblack wrote:I guess you won't be telling the adoption agency about that . . . :lol:

There's a list :lol:
Dotsie

Postby Sister Jennifer » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:02 am

chris.ph wrote: ive broken all the commandments par one hopefully :lol: :lol:

Thou Shalt Not Align Yourself With The Dark Side Of The Force. That one? You might've broken that first.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Next

Return to The Broken Drum