Show us yer pets!

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby silverstreak » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:36 pm

Jarmara wrote:Bizarrely, the dog is cold. I've never known a dog his size so sensitve to the cold! He'll attempt to climb onto anyone if he detects the slightest draught. He won't sit on the carpet without a big soft warm cushion in the winter either. Big Jessie. :lol:

Of course,what you really want is a large hot dog.
Dark in here isn't it.
silverstreak

Postby chris.ph » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:48 pm

mmmmmmm :) :)
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Dotsie » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:18 am

Nice :wink:

Bizarrely, my two rabbits hate to sit on anything. If they have too much bedding they kick it out of the hutch, they seem to like bare boards.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Colin » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:47 am

silverstreak wrote:
Jarmara wrote:Bizarrely, the dog is cold. I've never known a dog his size so sensitve to the cold! He'll attempt to climb onto anyone if he detects the slightest draught. He won't sit on the carpet without a big soft warm cushion in the winter either. Big Jessie. :lol:

Of course,what you really want is a large hot dog.

... just take a little care when you apply the mustard.
Second Grumpy Old Man.
Colin
Grumpy old man

Postby chris.ph » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:22 pm

a few years ago i had a rooty/lab cross calld jet . on saturdays my partner and i normally have a curry and what evers left i used to give to the dog as they were normally tikkas and the like, one week i had a jalfrezi for a change and what was left was duly given to the dog without me thinking of how hot it was. he wolfed it down as normal, and then you could see his expression change and he drunk all his water. no more was thought of this after we had a bit of a laugh until i took him out the next day for his constitutional, when he went to the toilet i heard an almighty squeal and watched him scoot his bum over the wet grass. i know this shouldnt be funny but i was absoloutely howling with laughter.anybody else got any funny pet stories? :D :D :lol: :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:28 pm

:lol: That's a great story and it reminded me of the staffy-cross I used to have. We took it to Porthcawl one day and he went wild in the sea. He was having the time of his life running in the water trying to catch the waves with his teeth. And in doing so he drank a lot of sea water.

As I was leading him up the beach I heard the enormous fart and saw a jet of sea water come from his back end. Thank goodness it was on a really quiet day - had it been a sunny bank hoilday there would have been a lot of very annoyed people. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby chris.ph » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:30 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
chris.ph

Postby silverstreak » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:16 pm

Two cracking stories.I had forgotten the joys of pet ownership.
Dark in here isn't it.
silverstreak

Postby silverstreak » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:20 pm

I've just noticed I'm not a new member any more.Oh joy.
Dark in here isn't it.
silverstreak

Postby Jarmara » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:42 pm

Gods, where to start?

Well Alfie, the above pictured Wonderdog, is an endless source of puppydog tales. When we first got him, he didn't really know how to do stairs and was completely foxed by the turn at the bottom of said stairs. He got round this by charging down the stairs really fast and relying on ricocheting off the wall to get himself round the turn. For 18 months.

He's also tortured by a neighbours cat, who climbs up to peer in the windows at him, will tap at the window if he doesn't notice her right away then retreats a few feet to watch him fling himself against the glass in a righteously protective panic.

Or the time I came back to visit after moving away and he was so pleased to see me that when I shut him out of my room at night (allergies) he calmly spent a good hour dragging his blankets, water bowl and actual basket from it's usual place to right up against my door, rearranging the blankets in the basket and settling down to a long night of heavily sighing under the door to let me how much I didn't deserve his devotion.
Contains Strong Language, Fantasy Violence and Mild Peril

Image The Sunshine Sanctuary says - Click to keep the dragon alive!
Jarmara

Postby silverstreak » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:48 pm

Well Jamara you've certainly got yourself a character there.
Dark in here isn't it.
silverstreak

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:12 pm

:lol: LOL Jarmara - gotta love that cat.

Alfie sounds like a character indeed.
Tonyblack

Postby chris.ph » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:24 pm

its a dog tony but very funny stories :)
chris.ph

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:38 pm

chris.ph wrote:its a dog tony but very funny stories :)
I meant the neighbour's cat tapping on the window to wind up the dog. :wink:
Tonyblack

Postby chris.ph » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:39 pm

no problem :)
chris.ph

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum