Frustration Thread 4

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Frustration Thread 4

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:14 am

Alanz wrote:I thought that i heard that this was going to be the warmest March on record..........In which country :?:

Well Tucson, Arizona for one - where Sharlene lives. Here's the forecast there for this week. ;)

"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Catch-up » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:44 pm

RSoak wrote:Spending 20 months thinking about and planning a skit, then getting others involved and excited, only to find out that there are going to be extremely hard and very fast rules applied this year.

Ball it up, toss it in the bin. Sucked a whole lot of fun right out of it.

So sorry. :( Please don't give up!
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Catch-up » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:44 pm

Chilli, sorry about the computer and the power. Hope your Monday gets better!
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
Catch-up

Postby Ghost » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:51 pm

RSoak wrote:Spending 20 months thinking about and planning a skit, then getting others involved and excited, only to find out that there are going to be extremely hard and very fast rules applied this year.

Ball it up, toss it in the bin. Sucked a whole lot of fun right out of it.

I can't help you with this problem but I can provide a cyber hugImage
Ghost

Postby Alanz » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:16 pm

That's it i'm off to Tucson, it's far too cold here, Mind you it looks far too hot in Tucson so i can't win can i :?: :D
Alanz

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:18 pm

Alanz wrote:That's it i'm off to Tucson, it's far too cold here, Mind you it looks far too hot in Tucson so i can't win can i :?: :D

There's almost no humidity, it being in the desert, so it's a dry heat and not a bit like over here when we get hot, muggy weather. :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Alanz » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:21 pm

Yea i was kidding Tony, My wife and i have been to Vegas twice and we loved the weather there...i don't mind it hot in the day but not hot at Night :D
Alanz

Postby Del » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:42 pm

Alanz wrote:I thought that i heard that this was going to be the warmest March on record..........In which country :?:

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

We have had a few days of sunshine... and we have another cyclone forming up north. Oh well.

Our poor Victorians are sweltering again in a heatwave. I had to put a cardie on last night... :o for a few minutes at least.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:09 pm

The plus point is that after taking the case off the computer and wiggling wires, it seems to be working - but for how long I don't know
Chilli When you had the case off did you blow off the dust around your boards, and also your fan intake as that clogs up and retains heat, it also obstructs the airflow and can cause your PC to overheat then shut down.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Del » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:15 pm

Oh Dots... :( just read what you posted two pages back.... what a bugger! I had the same thing during the ex-arses court proceedings. YES I have 10 brothers and sisters and families, and friends.... but dammit its AUSTRALIA.. they arent just down the road! Doesnt mean to say some of them wouldnt drop everything in an emergency. People MOVE. (unlike the ex-arse who has lived in the same house for over 40 years and has only ONE friend and doesnt even know his neighbours!!! but I didnt add that!)

It will be fine. You have a tiny bit of time. Didnt you say you have neighbours with kids?.... or was that a cat?.... nevermind.

Morgan put her nose to the grindstone the other day and I cleared off with Hayden to the movies (Oz... loved it) for the day and shop browsing, etc. She was doing an online course thats part of her High School graduation thing which she is due to finish in two weeks. We were away for about 5 hours. When we got home Hayden dropped something that disappeared under the sofa and when she went to hunt it out with a broom she knocked the PC outlet out of the wall and Morgan lost EVERYTHING! A full days work.

OMG. The wailing. The panic! Nothing to be done. What kind of education department idiots run a course that you cant save on? She was distraught. I felt so bad for her. She got so upset she ended up throwing up.

On the plus side the powerpoint presentation she HAD saved she presented yesterday and will be an A for her her teacher thinks.

Still.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:25 pm

:?:
Last edited by Who's Wee Dug on Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Dotsie » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:40 pm

Oh Del, what a nightmare! Poor M :( I hate even losing 5 minutes of work. Good that she will get a A though, silver lining :)
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby chillicamper » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:02 am

Who's Wee Dug wrote:
The plus point is that after taking the case off the computer and wiggling wires, it seems to be working - but for how long I don't know
Chilli When you had the case off did you blow off the dust around your boards, and also your fan intake as that clogs up and retains heat, it also obstructs the airflow and can cause your PC to overheat then shut down.

The computer has only recently been cleaned out - no dust in there. That's partly why I wondered if something was loose - did something get knocked when it was cleaned?? :think:

Either that or it's the power pack thingy in the box beginning to get temperamental. I've had them get a bit iffy before they finally give up - we shall wait and see.
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby Alanz » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:11 am

Del wrote:

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

We have had a few days of sunshine... and we have another cyclone forming up north. Oh well.

Our poor Victorians are sweltering again in a heatwave. I had to put a cardie on last night... :o for a few minutes at least.

At least you have that thing called Sunshine, Think i've forgotton what heat is, must be my age... :lol:
Alanz

Postby Catch-up » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:30 pm

Poor M. :( I think I would have thrown up too.
Catch-up

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum