Frustration Thread 4

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Frustration Thread 4

Postby Broccolee » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:14 pm

Dotsie,how awkward!I hope you can work something out.Do they know you've just moved a year ago (into a bigger house,in a better area,in the best interests of the child you hope to adopt etc.) I guess they will understand that...
I hope it will work out!
It´s still magic even if you know how it´s done.
Broccolee

Postby Dotsie » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:06 pm

I don't want to stress that, as they can sometimes use it as a reason for refusing you if they think you don't have a good local support network :shock: We might have a work around, I don't care if I have to drive her to my friends house myself! At least it will prove I actually have friends :lol:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Catch-up » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:04 pm

People spread out. It happens to everyone. I'm sure they'll understand!
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby amythompson » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:30 pm

Apart from being frustrated as being the norm for me,my frustration is not being able to get to Wincanton by Bus,as i dont drive,why cant there be a Discworld Shop in Bristol,Amy,x
amythompson

Postby wicked woman » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:41 pm

Welcome to the forum Amy.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:41 pm

amythompson wrote:Apart from being frustrated as being the norm for me,my frustration is not being able to get to Wincanton by Bus,as i dont drive,why cant there be a Discworld Shop in Bristol,Amy,x

Welcome to the site, Amy!

The annoying thing is that there's a bus service from London the goes all the way to Wincanton. You live much closer and it's probably harder to get there. :?

Here's a website from Wincanton with the various ways to get there. Not sure it's much help though.

And, of course, you could always order things directly from the Discworld Emporium online. :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:40 pm

amythompson wrote:Apart from being frustrated as being the norm for me,my frustration is not being able to get to Wincanton by Bus,as i dont drive,why cant there be a Discworld Shop in Bristol,Amy,x

Because there is Hogwatch! that takes place in in Wincanton it like a mini Discworld convention and just would not be the same in Bristol. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Bickaxe » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:10 pm

Be a little more convenient for me though :D

Try PJSM Prints as well Amy if you want your bank account mugged.
Fiendish til the en-
:twisted:
Bickaxe

Postby amythompson » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:45 pm

Tonyblack wrote:

Welcome to the site, Amy!

The annoying thing is that there's a bus service from London the goes all the way to Wincanton. You live much closer and it's probably harder to get there. :?

Thanks Tony,very helpful.luv Amy,xxxxxxx
amythompson

Postby RSoak » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:37 am

Spending 20 months thinking about and planning a skit, then getting others involved and excited, only to find out that there are going to be extremely hard and very fast rules applied this year.

Ball it up, toss it in the bin. Sucked a whole lot of fun right out of it.
It's not who you know, it's who I know. - Dad

The enemy of good is perfect. - Mom
RSoak

Postby Watchman44 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:39 am

Some people like hard and fast........... :whistle:
Who watches the watchman.......
FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
Watchman44

Postby chillicamper » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:42 am

Bloomin computer. It decided to stop in the middle of me typing yesterday - just shut off as if there was no power. :evil: Checked the plug fuse, the socket - all ok but the 'puter would not turn on. Grrrrrr.
So I left it and took Karen and the kids out for a cream tea for Mothers day. Came home to find we had a power cut..........so re-planned what we could cook using the gas hob and the microwave. Fired up my generator that we keep for these occasions. Only to find it has decided that it will no longer run the microwave without flashing a red overload light at me. :roll:

I managed to run smaller items and charge some lights up for overnight use but turned the gennie off before it got too late and annoyed the neighbours. Got the kids to bed by torchlight and read books by torchlight.

The power eventually came back on after 9 hours - around midnight :roll:

Now I've woken up to find there's a gale blowing and it's snowing. On top of that it's Monday :evil: :evil:

The plus point is that after taking the case off the computer and wiggling wires, it seems to be working - but for how long I don't know :think:
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby Alanz » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:21 am

It's one of life's mysteries Chilli :D
Alanz

Postby wicked woman » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:28 am

Sympathy chilli. It's a great start to the week. :( According to the old rhyme if the weathers bad now, it'll be nice at the end of March. We can hope.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Alanz » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:57 am

I thought that i heard that this was going to be the warmest March on record..........In which country :?:
Alanz

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum