Audio Books

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:04 pm

Mmmm Imagejust wondering if they would work in the UK voltage wise if pluged in to any power source.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
User avatar
Who's Wee Dug
Member
 
Posts: 15235
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:31 pm
Location: Stirlingshire, Scotland

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:03 am

Who's Wee Dug wrote:Mmmm Imagejust wondering if they would work in the UK voltage wise if pluged in to any power source.
They should do Dug. When I take my MP3s to Tucson I recharge them using Sharlene's computer. You plug them in via a USB. I've never had a problem with any USB items that I've used on both side of the ocean. :D Just don't try plugging them in at the mains. :shock:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
User avatar
Tonyblack
Moderator
 
Posts: 29332
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:29 pm
Location: Cardiff, Wales

Postby mspanners » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:19 am

USB charge ok but no way direct into a wall socket, not sure if the Yanks use three pin plugs like us but i doubt if the voltages and frequancy are compatible..

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/If_someone_bo ... K_use_240V

:shock:
User avatar
mspanners
Member
 
Posts: 943
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:46 pm
Location: Bridgwater Somerset

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:33 am

Thanks Tony I know I cant plug in any wall socket as it 240v against 110vjust was not sure about the computer as it's 240v even though it Usb.Image
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
User avatar
Who's Wee Dug
Member
 
Posts: 15235
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:31 pm
Location: Stirlingshire, Scotland

Postby Foul ole Ron » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:12 am

Cheery wrote:
bogieman wrote:All Terry's books are available here.

http://www.audible.co.uk

I have nearly all of them and they are fantastic, I avoid Tony Robinson as he reads the abridged version's and they cut out far to many bits for my liking. It was quite some time before I knew about Buggy Squires as they cut him completely from the abridged version. Hope this helps.


I'll soon have a lot more audiobooks. It's not even that expensive :D. Thanks for the link, bogieman!

They cut buggy out?? I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!


Audible.co.uk is good & I have a monthly subscription.

But I dont understand why they are so far behind the USA site Audible.com with their releases.

Unseen Acadenicals is out only in the awful abridged format in UK but the unabridged version is already out in the states.

I dont think audible.co.uk has Nation in the unabridged format yet.
Buggrit
User avatar
Foul ole Ron
New member
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:54 pm

Postby bogieman » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:34 am

I got fed up with Audible and have started to buy the CD versions from Amazon dot COM. The shipping is not ridicules from the states and I get them quicker :P than if they had been posted here in the UK.
bogieman
Member
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:46 pm

Postby mspanners » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:44 pm

Audible.co.uk do not, infact, have all of Terry's books in Unabridged format at this time.

I have been trying to get Night Watch,The Wee Free Men and have asked about Terry's latest Book in Unabridged formats and have been basically told various reasons for them not having these which have included the excuses that they may not have the rights for them, a file was corrupt and they may or may not get the rights for Unseen......!

Not happy with them as it was the banner on their site stating they had the full set that got Me to join in the first place..... :x

UK customers get stuffed again! :shock:
User avatar
mspanners
Member
 
Posts: 943
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:46 pm
Location: Bridgwater Somerset

Postby bogieman » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:05 pm

mspanners wrote:Audible.co.uk do not, infact, have all of Terry's books in Unabridged format at this time.

I have been trying to get Night Watch,The Wee Free Men and have asked about Terry's latest Book in Unabridged formats and have been basically told various reasons for them not having these which have included the excuses that they may not have the rights for them, a file was corrupt and they may or may not get the rights for Unseen......!

Not happy with them as it was the banner on their site stating they had the full set that got Me to join in the first place..... :x

UK customers get stuffed again! :shock:


If you move your account to Audible dot COM Night watch is there unabridged and I have got it no problem.
bogieman
Member
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:46 pm

Postby Foul ole Ron » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:35 pm

bogieman wrote:
mspanners wrote:Audible.co.uk do not, infact, have all of Terry's books in Unabridged format at this time.

I have been trying to get Night Watch,The Wee Free Men and have asked about Terry's latest Book in Unabridged formats and have been basically told various reasons for them not having these which have included the excuses that they may not have the rights for them, a file was corrupt and they may or may not get the rights for Unseen......!

Not happy with them as it was the banner on their site stating they had the full set that got Me to join in the first place..... :x

UK customers get stuffed again! :shock:


If you move your account to Audible dot COM Night watch is there unabridged and I have got it no problem.


How do you go about moving your account?

When you fill in UK in where you live you get automatically forwarded to audible.co.uk.

"Because of regional restrictions, you must make your purchases from and register at the audible.co.uk Web site instead of audible.com."
Buggrit
User avatar
Foul ole Ron
New member
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:54 pm

Postby bogieman » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:47 pm

close the old one and start a new one with dot com :D
bogieman
Member
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:46 pm

Postby Foul ole Ron » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:53 pm

bogieman wrote:close the old one and start a new one with dot com :D


I tried that but as soon as you state you're UK based
You get "Because of regional restrictions, you must make your purchases from and register at the audible.co.uk Web site instead of audible.com."

I thought about lying & saying I'm based elsewhere but that might cause some discrepancies with the bank details.
Buggrit
User avatar
Foul ole Ron
New member
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:54 pm

Postby bogieman » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:01 pm

Oh thats new it didn't have that when I joined.

Mind you was a while ago :oops:
bogieman
Member
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:46 pm

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:38 pm

mspanners wrote:USB charge ok but no way direct into a wall socket, not sure if the Yanks use three pin plugs like us but i doubt if the voltages and frequancy are compatible..

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/If_someone_bo ... K_use_240V

:shock:


50 Hz and 110 volt 60 Hz are NOT compatible in any way shape or form. SO DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

USB ports are standard worldwide with computers being such wonderful, hateful, sucky things as they are.
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
User avatar
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit
Member
 
Posts: 3885
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 7:25 pm
Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:39 pm

Foul ole Ron wrote:
bogieman wrote:close the old one and start a new one with dot com :D


I tried that but as soon as you state you're UK based
You get "Because of regional restrictions, you must make your purchases from and register at the audible.co.uk Web site instead of audible.com."

I thought about lying & saying I'm based elsewhere but that might cause some discrepancies with the bank details.


Make friends with one of us Yanks... nudge, nudge, wink, wink and Bob's yer uncle. There are a lot of us to choose from on this site. Or even Pooh could possibly be coerced with day-glo paint. :twisted:
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
User avatar
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit
Member
 
Posts: 3885
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 7:25 pm
Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby bogieman » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:09 pm

Guards! Guards!: Discworld, Book 8 (Unabridged)
Terry Pratchett

17 Visitors' Rating

£17.19
Buy Now!

Says it is available on dot co dot uk??
bogieman
Member
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:46 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Latest books

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest