How do you feel today? 5

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: How do you feel today? 5

Postby chris.ph » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:39 pm

probably :lol: :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Sister Jennifer » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:37 am

I don't want to turn this into a best-swear-in-front-of-the-kids topic buuuuuuuut, this one morning my husband walked into the kitchen with his boxers pulled up high, real high & asked me in his sexiest voice what was for breakie & I told him he was a d*ckhead. Unbeknownst to me, my son who was maybe 6 at the time, was playing behind the counter jumped up and said, 'Jeez Dad, you're a d*ckhead!'

I mean really! I did feel bad that day, for a little while anyway.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby cheery_j. » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:05 am

In my experience if a parent leaves you alone with their child for - let's say - an hour and you constantly prattle on during that hour and you only once during all that prattling use a bad word, THAT'S the word the kid is going to greet it's parents with as soon as they come back. :mrgreen:

One of the things I enjoy about being an aunty is that I can be silly with the kids. Ask sister-of-bf about singing fart songs and about "Cowboy Klaus and the farting pony". :roll:
cheery_j.

Postby wicked woman » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:30 pm

:lol:
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Alanz » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:59 pm

:lol: :lol:
Alanz

Postby TinatheConfused » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:04 pm

Toothy wrote:Tina - you're clearly pretty amazing and more than dipstick deserves. Reading your post and how he behaves, reminds me of Ike Turner, always criticising Tina even when she sounded perfect. It was all because she was the star and he was jealous of her for that. Small minded jerk. Annnnyway, go you! :D

:oops: Thank you, I have been trying to practice what Dug said too... LOL

Dostie wrote:Well, when the nieces' dad showed up for them I fessed up straight away, and he said I should definitely not worry and I should shout if I need to :oops: I think he's worried about losing his babysitter.

You are RIGHT Dotsie, parents are ALWAYS, ALWAYS SKEERT SILLY that the sitter will pull a runner, never to be seen again. They are more precious than Jew-els and Pre-cious metals, and Never to be trifled with (by the parents, that is)
Vampires have risen from the dead, the grave and the crypt, but have never managed it from the cat. ~ Witches Abroad
TinatheConfused

Postby chillicamper » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:22 am

A bit nervous - on behalf of D who has the dentist today :( He doen't have much luck with his teeth and he get very annoyed about it. Because of his medical stuff he has quite a strict diet which meeans no sweets, chocolate or sugary drinks. He cleans his teeth at least twice a day, but his baby teeth just suddenly seem to go soft. A few years back he had to have 7 baby teeth remeoved as they all went soft/hollow with the space of a few weeks :shock: We have always wondered if it is due to the various drugs he had when he was a baby and in hospital.
At least he only has to have minor filling/sealant done today. However, he does get a bit stressed as he has had lots of ops (for other stuff) and needles etc - so any situations like dentists can freak him a bit. He's getting better at dealing with it, but still wants his Dad to come along to hold his hand - at least it's an excuse for me to have a day off ;)

Just got to keep my calm and smiley face on this morning until it's all done.
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby Dotsie » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:31 am

Good luck D, hope no fillings and a grin like this :D

ETA oops, he's having a filling, well hope it goes OK ;)
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:23 am

It doesn't seem fair when he doesn't eat sugary things and looks after his teeth. I hope it goes well. :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby wicked woman » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:05 am

What Dotsie and Tony said.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:41 am

I'm feeling miserable, as I can feel a bout of bronchitis/chest infection coming on.

It happens every so often. I just wake up with a very dry throat/wind pipe and then the koffin starts.

:roll:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby wicked woman » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:53 am

Hugs Bouncy.
wicked woman

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:01 am

Fanks, WW.

Most miffed. It usually knocks me down for 7-10 days (I never go to the doctor as I HATE HIM with a passion), but I have my hospital appt next Monday for my diabetes eye check, and I don't want to miss it........... or cough in the nurse's face whilst she's putting in the eye drops! :oops:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby Penfold » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:22 am

Bouncy Castle wrote:I'm feeling miserable, as I can feel a bout of bronchitis/chest infection coming on.

It happens every so often. I just wake up with a very dry throat/wind pipe and then the koffin starts.

:roll:

*HUGS* from me too Bouncy. I know exactly what you're going through since I seem to get a chest infection every time I get a cold, made worse by scarred lungs from a bout of pneumonia a few years ago. I'm just getting over a cold.....(er, sorry, I mean man-flu).....at the moment. Thankfully, it doesn't seem to have hit my chest too badly this time around and I have been able to work.
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:51 am

This one went straight to coughing. No sore throat/cold, although the throat is a tad sore from coughing.

Thanks for the hugs people.

Bouncy Castle

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum