Inkheart

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Inkheart

Postby Perdita X » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:41 am

Am still trying to get through this at bedtime with my kids - This is just my opinion of course but -Gods it's badly written - laborious

for the first time ever I am considering giving up a book and just letting them watch the film instead :shock:
It's made of apples, well... mostly apples
Perdita X

Postby chris.ph » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:09 pm

films not worth watching either and i like crap films :)
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Catch-up » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:41 pm

I much preferred the film to the book and I almost never say that.
Catch-up

Postby nattheweirdo » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:23 pm

I love these books!

i read inkheart when i was 10 the inkspell when i was 11. Inkdeath didnt come out till i was 14...I seriosuly love them :) they were my favourite books for a very long time before i discovered PTerry last year. Well worth struggling through I would suggest :)
Samuel Vimes is awesome - Simple as :)
~
Vetinari: Did you really just punch the head of
the assassins guild?
Vimes: Yessir
Vetinari: Why?
Vimes: Didn't have a dagger sir.
nattheweirdo

Postby Lady Vetinari » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:21 am

I want to read these and Nat, so far, is the only person encouraging me to do so.

From what I've seen of the film it looks like something I will enjoy. It can't be worse than National Treasure and Cutthroat Island (two of the worst films I've ever seen!)
Who Watches The WatchMan?

Lady Vetinari

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:45 am

But...! National Tresure has Sean Bean in it........ :twisted:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Lady Vetinari » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:20 pm

I watched it with two friends (one was fourteen!) we were guessing the plot before it happened, even to what the characters were going to say! We just found it so predictable that we thought it was a waste of time and wished we hired another film! Utterly boring! Not even Sean Bean could rescue it.

Lady Vetinari

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:44 pm

I saw the movie on the plane back earlier this year and enjoyed it at the time - but now I can't remember a thing that happened in it. :?
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:17 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:But...! National Tresure has Sean Bean in it........ :twisted:

LMAO PMSL Jan, what can I say, I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Lady Vetinari » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:15 pm

RE National Treasure: Well I watch a film for the story and (Jan you may need to sit down for this!) Even if ALAN RICKMAN was in it I'd still hate it! Also it was yet another 'hey aren't we americans great big boy heroes ... and because we american's are great big boy heroes we're gonna cast the Brit actor as the bad guy!' - one of the reasons why a lot of my favourite films are now small budget films... Or those with a good mix of cast with actors using their own accents! (RE: Harry Potter .... an ALL ENGLISH cast! Lord of the Rings ... A good mix of cast brits playing both good and evil! Chronicles of Narnia Not a fake British accent throughout spoken by an american! or a fake American spoken by a brit come to that .... both annoy me! Pirates - I can forgive Johnny Depp because he does it so well you could almost believe he is a cockney english Pirate! Besides he is almost an honorary brit to me... I think he'd be a good Jeremy/Lobsang)

So, can anyone else please tell me something positive - I am into deep fantasies and I love books involving people travelling into other worlds ... (Chronicles of Narnia - Harry Potter - some examples of!)

Lady Vetinari

Postby Catch-up » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:41 pm

:lol: So true... no one could have saved National Treasure. Or National Treasure 2 for that matter (yes, I had to sit through that :roll: :? ).

Do you mean something positive about Inkheart? Wish I could think of something. It was difficult to get through and the end felt so anti-climatic. The movie really was very good though!

Or, do you just need some suggestions for other books?
Catch-up

Postby Lady Vetinari » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:53 pm

About Inkheart the book ... don't need any book suggestions ...

I must admit there have a been a few books like that for me ... Neverending Story is my sister's favourite but I couldn't get into it- Dream Merchant I read in two sittings and my sister couldn't get into it ... though in style they were fairly similar ... odd huh!

Lady Vetinari

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:12 pm

Lady Vetinari wrote: Pirates - I can forgive Johnny Depp because he does it so well you could almost believe he is a cockney english Pirate! Besides he is almost an honorary brit to me... I think he'd be a good Jeremy/Lobsang)

OOOH he would be perfect for that type of role... *Sigh*
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:11 pm

Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit wrote:
Jan Van Quirm wrote:But...! National Tresure has Sean Bean in it........ :twisted:

LMAO PMSL Jan, what can I say, I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:shock: NOOOOO! :evil: WANT SEAN BEANY-WEENY FOR LUBBY DUBBY!!!!! :D

I can't remember any of his films, just that he was in them - except he should have been bloody Aragorn! :evil:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby theoldlibrarian » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:05 pm

In the Catcher In The Rye, J D Salinger says that sometime he liked to read a book and then just casually phone up the Author.
I really would like to phone up Cornelia Funke so I could shout at her. The book is daft.
I also read through the film script because a friend of mine was doing the sound editing for the movie although I never actually saw the film.
It is not enough to succeed, others must fail
-Gore Vidal
theoldlibrarian

Next

Return to Children's Books