Headlines That Left You Speechless 2

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Headlines That Left You Speechless 2

Postby Del » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:04 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:http://jezebel.com/5984598/your-womb-is-full-of-tiny-dead-babies-says-pastor-who-certainly-understands-a-lot-about-medical-science

:shock:

Seriously... the BEST part of that story is the comments after it. Hahahahahahaha.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Dotsie » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:59 pm

Agreed :lol:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Alanz » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:28 pm

What about that Hilary Mantel (Author) having a go at Princess Kate, saying she was bland, machine made and painfully thin, Has she looked at herself in a mirror lately she looks like something out of the Hobbit.. :D
Alanz

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:35 pm

raisindot wrote:According to the story, the girl "comes from a large family in Ixtlahuacan de los Membrillos, a humble village, about 30km from Guadalajara."

My guess is that they're poor, and it's nearly impossible for the mother to track 11 children. I might also question whether the girl was really 9--in those parts of the world, birth records are often not even kept. Even if she's not, it doesn't make the story any less tragic.

Last week, we told you the story of Dafne, a 9-year-old girl in Mexico who was impregnated and miraculously gave birth to a healthy baby!

Well, the good news is that the girl's age was misreported by her mother. According to doctors she is at least 12 or 13, possibly older!

We're not sure why her mother lied, but it may have had something to do with keeping her in school longer.

And while that isn't MUCH better, we're sorry because this next part is MUCH worse!

According to DNA testing, the teenage "boyfriend" Dafne claimed impregnated her is NOT the father.

The father of the child is Dafne's 44-year-old stepfather!

Yuck!

And now it seems that the entire family - baby and all - has fled to avoid further investigation! This just isn't right!

We'll keep up with the story, but honestly we're not sure how many more "developments" we can take!
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby raisindot » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:56 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:From: Perezhilton.com (don't judge me!)

Last week, we told you the story of Dafne, a 9-year-old girl in Mexico who was impregnated and miraculously gave birth to a healthy baby!

Well, the good news is that the girl's age was misreported by her mother. According to doctors she is at least 12 or 13, possibly older!

We're not sure why her mother lied, but it may have had something to do with keeping her in school longer.

And while that isn't MUCH better, we're sorry because this next part is MUCH worse!

According to DNA testing, the teenage "boyfriend" Dafne claimed impregnated her is NOT the father.

The father of the child is Dafne's 44-year-old stepfather!

Yuck!

And now it seems that the entire family - baby and all - has fled to avoid further investigation! This just isn't right!

The reality show premieres next week. :roll:
raisindot

Postby Alanz » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:54 pm

People like that should be castrated with a blunt knife :naughty:
Alanz

Postby Sister Jennifer » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:11 pm

This didn't leave me speechless but it's groovy...

http://www.amazingworldonline.com/2012/ ... giant.html
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:49 pm

Wow! I like that, though I do agree with the commenter who said it reminded them of a man in drag!
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:56 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21479399

She's Taiwan's best-known professional mourner - a time-honoured tradition in her country that may be dying out.

:shock:

Bouncy Castle

Postby raisindot » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:02 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21479399

She's Taiwan's best-known professional mourner - a time-honoured tradition in her country that may be dying out.

Love it! Although I think a much more lucrative idea here in the West would be a professional "Grave Dancer"--someone you hire to send to, say, Donald Trump's funeral to do a jaunty two-step on his casket. :banana-angel:
raisindot

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:13 am

Is that before he kicks the bucket. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:38 am

We can dream!

Bouncy Castle

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:15 pm

The man's a bloody vampire.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Alanz » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:00 am

just read an article locally 3 men have been Jailed for only 16 weeks for Animal cruelty, The worst that the RSPCA have come across using dogs to kill Wild Animals which they filmed on their Mobiles. I personally would lock them up and throw away the keys or do the same to them as they did to those poor defensless animals, but 16 weeks is absolutely disgusting,They'll be out in 8 weeks..... :evil: :evil: :evil:
Alanz

Postby Conforumist » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:34 am

Family shocked dog was shot and killed by hunter

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scot ... unter.html

:cry:

We do have too many coyotes here and I think in many cases, it's humane to reduce their population. They are attacking pets, children and even adults here. But I guess the chances of something like this happening are obvious.
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum