How do you feel today? 5

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: How do you feel today? 5

Postby Batty » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:34 pm

chris.ph wrote:wots that queen song again :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

i use immac now batty ;)

You Old Smoothie, you! Image
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Del » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:36 pm

Dotsie wrote:Del, I don't know which bit to respond to first. Sorry about your fat bum ;) I'd send hugs but they won't...go...round...

Nah... :lol: no offense taken....

I might try getting fit by belly-dancing.... GODS KNOWS THERES ENOUGH OF IT!!!!

Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Del » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:45 pm

i use immac now batty ;)

Theres a Queen song about shaving ya arse??? :roll: :shock:

When I WAS looking for size HUGE black trousers the other day (and I didnt because the good ones that look nice are $50 and I refuse to spend money on something that is short term... it IS short term!) I saw a H size pair of jeans "to carry me through for a bit" for peanuts and when I had them on I tried a nice spotted blouse on at the same time ($25 down to $5! Score!). It had a nice low neckline to show off the boobs I now have (Score!!!) and was all rouched across the front... now us girls know that rouching can hide a multitude of sins (ie: a fat belly!) so I thought it looked nice.

I popped out of the dressing room to look in the far mirror and asked the salesgirl what she thought.... she said, "Oh that looks lovely! And that maternity top is designed to grow with you as the baby gets bigger. Very flattering that top." :shock:

.......I didnt know if I should hug her because she thought I looked young enough to GET pregnant or slap her down!
Del

Postby TinatheConfused » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:49 pm

Band practice went well. They are all older guys and relatively patient, although the truth has come out... we are a Country Band. :violin: I shall be forced to learn Fiddle, not really, Mandolin is highly more likely. LOL. I was scared to death to tell the truth. I just didnt' show it too much, except for the nervous giggle. Egads, I hate that nervous giggle, my oldest son does it and it makes me nuts, which is why I worry about it.

We started off slow and managed to do 11 songs, good for the first practice. Lots and Lots of music which I don't know, until I get my hands on the Master list!!! Yesssssss, I musssst get the precioussss lisssst.. :slaps self back to silly: I figure that if I can study ahead, I may have a better chance and possibly even KNOW some of these songs. For some reason, I think the guitarist is hoarding that knowledge so I don't have an edge. LOL You could have knocked me over wif a feather when I found out that they do this song:

:dance:

We do this version... of a great song, but this version nonetheless.

:sigh: Del, after I get back from my wee jaunt in "Your terminology" ... taxes done, drop husband off at home to cut firewood, drive to Rockford (20 miles) drive about in that cwazy city hitting my shrink's office, then Guitar Center, then BIG BOX STORE for living supplies for a week or so, then home; I shall address your Waily Waily's. :D

p.s. I hate needing "Monstrous Size" pants too. <3
Vampires have risen from the dead, the grave and the crypt, but have never managed it from the cat. ~ Witches Abroad
TinatheConfused

Postby Batty » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:03 pm

Del wrote:

i use immac now batty ;)

Fat Bottomed Girls, Del! :lol:
Del wrote:... I popped out of the dressing room to look in the far mirror and asked the salesgirl what she thought.... she said, "Oh that looks lovely! And that maternity top is designed to grow with you as the baby gets bigger. Very flattering that top." :shock:

.......I didnt know if I should hug her because she thought I looked young enough to GET pregnant or slap her down!

:lol: :lol:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Del » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:12 pm

Tina wrote:We started off slow and managed to do 11 songs, good for the first practice.

Good? Thats bloody brilliant! It all sounds great TIna. Go you! You are going to knock them dead when you find out their play list!

Yes... we needs the master list we does! :twisted:
Del

Postby michelanCello » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:44 pm

Big hugs, Del!
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Sister Jennifer » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:21 am

Del wrote:
Who's Wee Dug wrote: how many thousands of miles is up the road Del. :lol:

uuuum not even Dug :lol: I mean.... I remember popping up to Rocky (where Jenn lives) for a quick visit on a long weekend to see Granma. Not far hey Jenn.

643.1 klms... about 8 hours drive... if the roads are open... if the kids dont want to stop at every service station for a snack and a wee.... if you dont hit a roo.... if you dont get stuck behind a road-train..... :lol:

Yes, it's a couple of ice-creams between stops that's for sure. Good fun though, I love any kind of travel. :liar: , no I do. :liar: :liar:, stop it!

I've gotten soft over the years, there was a time we'd drive to Brisbane early Saturday for a party & drive back Sunday. The thought of doing that now makes me feel unwell. Quick trips these days I go by broomstick, or rock if there's a persuasive druid near by.

Del :romance-caress: , for your troubles.

Good luck Tina! Hope you're having a blast.

I feel well today thank you.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:38 am

Just short of the distance from Edinburgh to London.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:52 am

Batty wrote:
Del wrote:

i use immac now batty ;)

Fat Bottomed Girls, Del! :lol:
[quote="Del"]
Something like this. sound required :whistle:
http://www.toilette-humor.com/cartoon.html
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Sister Jennifer » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:56 am

Uh oh.

Settle down Ahab.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby jackal2012 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:31 am

I have a confession to make. I am a man with a colorful past. My biggest victim over the years has been your esteemed self. Over the years I have stolen many of your books, I have heard that your books are the most stolen in Britain and i suspect the same might be threw in Ireland. i don't know if i feel guilty about this, but i would not have done it i could have afforded to buy them myself. I have also bought some of your book, over the years i have been more than happy to spent my money when i could on your books.

As i am currently contemplating the ethics of information and file sharing on the net i am wondering what your thought or feeling of my literal theft of your work, considering they have enriched and enlightened my life, they kept me hoping when there was no light..

At the moment i am studying social care and community development in Dublin Ireland in an institute of technology. i feel your thought could not only enlighten my life again i think i would also enlighten the life's of my class mates and college peer's.
Mr Terry Pratchett is my Hero and has helped me live in millions of ways
jackal2012

Postby Dotsie » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:40 am

I'm fairly sure that Terry would take a dim view of it. He does have copyright, after all. Lucky for you he's never been here! But if you feel brave you could email his agent.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby wicked woman » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:20 am

Back handed compliment del. :?

The way my tummys bloating up I might be joining you in the maternity department. :twisted:
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Jason » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:58 am

jackal2012 wrote:I have a confession to make ... millions of ways

Welcome to the site but please don't post the same thing in multiple places.
TCOM-12 - Ludeum in tympanus
Editor Discworld Monthly
Jason

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum