How do you feel today? 5

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

How do you feel today? 5

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:13 am

Time for a new thread. You can find How do you feel today? 4 HERE :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Re: How do you feel today? 5

Postby Conforumist » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:41 am

Phew,
Well, between the flooding in the basement yesterday and the tenants being idiots, I don't know how I feel today. The weather outside is terrible so, I decided to use a vacation day to finish drying floody areas and call the tenancy board.
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby Del » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:20 pm

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))) to Tina and Batty for feeling fluey. Get the jabs. I have to get them every year since I did my lungs in when I nearly died with a flu about ten years ago. I worked in a hospital for a while a few years ago and seriously.... GET THE JABS.

Sorry to hear your itchy missing bit is ... um ... itching chris. Give it an imaginary itch. ;)

Sorry about the tenants Con. Are these the tenants you thought were the ants pants? Hope it turns out okay.

Sooooooooooooooooooooo........

Been busy.

The bullying continues with H at school. School councellor seems like a right idiot. She rang me. Didnt want me up there so I will make an appointment with the head in a few days. ("Facebook is NOT our responsibility!" ... um yes it is according to the law and the education department!.... and the bullying is VERY open and happening to her face AT YOUR SCHOOL!) She seems to think I am a "hover" parent... and I'm not... if anything I let H fight 99% of her own battles so she can learn how to deal with idiots (with some advice from me).... but when the councellor is the idiot I feel I need to step in. H is also having huge problems with the "other idiot" who put her through hell on the last visit. Oh joy. Cant do alot about that one but will face the school. STILL cant access a councellor for her. She is off the planet... so angry with the world poor kid.

We had a murder in our street! :o A few doors up. APPARENTLY I was standing two doors away right when it happened !!!!! I was wondering if I should go down to the creek to see why the water wasnt flooding our street and saw this man wandering along so decided not to. Everyone else in the street (yes and me too) are a bit blase about it... why did noone tell ME there was a "residential ward" (house) for heavily medicated psychiatric patients in my street? This is the result of a past government deciding to "intergrate" mental patients (read: we dont want to foot the bill for institutions anymore). At the time my mothers neighbours were both psych nurses for closed wards and they were horrified that some of their patients were being released. In this case one resident stabbed another resident. Being charged with murder because he was off his meds.... and will be put into prison.... why does this sound so wrong?

Wonderful huh? Love budget cuts in government. We have the worlds highest rate for teen suicide and harm and one of the lowest budget for youth mental health in the western world. :evil:

M found a dead rat in front of the washing machine downstairs !!!!! :o :o :o Eeeeeeeeewwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course I had to clean it up.... got a broom and a bucket, swept the rat into the bucket, ran all the way to the bin with the bucket about my head screaming EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW and threw the rat AND the bucket into the bin... I liked that bucket I did... my favourite bucket. :( Mind you I would love to know how it died... so I can duplicate his death on any other rats down there. :twisted: Morgan asked me... "How do you think it died Mum?" I told her ... "Most probably got bitten by a snake!" :twisted: .......... then again.......it isnt totally unbelievable with the creek flooding so much this summer.

I dyed my hair!!!!!! :o I have been forever blonde... well except that one time I went bright orange... and I did try dark brown once *puke*.... so thought I would go "Dark Medium Blonde" so the roots wouldnt show so much. Dark Medium Blonde my arse!!! More like Dark Mouse Blonde! :evil: It looks horrible... though everyone who has seen it says it looks lovely... AND its SO much softer.. loving that. Morgan held the pack up to my head and says it EXACTLY the colour on the box. :oops: Can I help it if I am colour blind under those supermarket lights. Was thinking about one shade lighter... but then that would be "blonding" it again so I will bear with it and see how I go. I had my hair cut the day before...A fringe and a bob type cut...... with the white blonde it looked "edgy"... now I look like Dora the Mouse Haired Bloody Explorer!!! :roll: :lol:

I'm Fat! Had work this week and NOTHING FITS! :( :( :( Went to buy some "Size Monsterous" black trousers so at least I could wear my shirts to work... but I couldnt bring myself to buy any because they all made me look HUGE ("Do these make my bum look big?... YES! because your bum is HUGE!) :lol: :lol: :lol: My oldest gave me a lecture about putting on weight... strange... because she is NOT like that... but she IS concerned about how my back has been playing up which it does if I put on even a kilo or two... so its out of love not appearance I know that. And I am usually SO active and I'm not right now which is a catch 22, because if I'm not active I will gain more weight. grizzle grizzle.

My toe is poisoned! :( At the beginning of summer I went for my first ever pedicure (well professional one anyway)... and since then I have had a tiny bit of pain but I have been in summer sandles all summer. Had to wear a pair of closed in shoes last week and almost died with the pain. Doc says my nail is infected so have had it bandaged in anti-stuff... thats a great look with a big wrapped up toe sticking out of my sandles. And heres the silly part.... I am the one always lecturing anyone who will listen to always check out a nail and pedicure place for hygiene BEFORE you ever set foot in the place! grizzle grizzle.

Still looking for a job that has more hours. Being sent for two jobs this week that are an hour and a half commute EACH WAY! UGH! Feeling so lost. NEED a job thats fulltime so I can live and pay the rent.... cant really do that and leave H to get herself to school and be at home alone after school. Damn.

Apart from that....... everythings fine! :D Tiny things in the major scheme of life.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Conforumist » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:35 pm

^^^hmm, sounds like just an average day for you Del!? :D

I'm seriously thinking of getting over there for a visit. Sister Jennifer said we could stay at her place!! :dance:

Are the 2 of you close to each other? I know Aussie is a real small country. :lol:

The bullying thing is just too much now though.
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby Ghost » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:36 pm

I'm sending a quick hug your way Image
Ghost

Postby Del » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:24 pm

Thanks Ghost... nah I was just whining :D Its all good. (did I mention the two flat tyres, the bum starter motor, the freaking nasty storm on the highway, the child spilling a whole bottle of fabric glue on the new chair covers and the cushions?) :lol:

Yeah Con..... Jenn's just up the road from me :lol: :lol: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rofl: ... seriously she is.
Del

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:41 pm

Del have you been hit with a bad luck spell. :?: :| how many thousands of miles is up the road Del. :lol:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Del » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:58 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote: how many thousands of miles is up the road Del. :lol:

uuuum not even Dug :lol: I mean.... I remember popping up to Rocky (where Jenn lives) for a quick visit on a long weekend to see Granma. Not far hey Jenn.

643.1 klms... about 8 hours drive... if the roads are open... if the kids dont want to stop at every service station for a snack and a wee.... if you dont hit a roo.... if you dont get stuck behind a road-train..... :lol:
Del

Postby Catch-up » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:06 pm

Oh Del. :( Huge hugs for all of you from me too! I'm so sorry that you're having to deal with any of that, let alone all of it at once. I hate that H is still being bullied. :evil: Don't let up on that school until they do something. File a police report if you're able to.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby chris.ph » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:20 pm

nothing much wrong then del sheesh, i would bury my head in the sand by now :shock:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Batty » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:25 pm

chris.ph wrote:nothing much wrong then del sheesh, i would bury my head in the sand by now :shock:

Do you mean like an ostrich??? With your bum sticking up in the air ... vulnerable to any passing nurse with a razor??? :whistle:Image
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Dotsie » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:26 pm

Del, I don't know which bit to respond to first. Sorry about your fat bum ;) I'd send hugs but they won't...go...round...

Just kidding, you skinny thing, you! :D
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby chris.ph » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:27 pm

wots that queen song again :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

i use immac now batty ;)
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Del » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:31 pm

No no chris. 99% of up there is just "stuff". The only thing of mention is H's bullying and I will do what I can to sort that at school. The idiot ex-arse I cant do anything about and it does my head in to worry about that so all I can do is "manage" H's problems with that and I am getting good at that.

The toe will heal, the rat is dead and gone, the murder is solved, I can always dye my hair back to blonde, the tyres are fixed, I can make more cushions, the chair coveres certainly wondt be falling apart with all that glue on them,and the weight is bound to fall off when I finally get my fat arse MOVING. :D
Del

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:32 pm

if you dont get stuck behind a road-train.....

Is that a camel one Del. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Next

Return to The Broken Drum