What made you smile today? 6

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: What made you smile today? 6

Postby Jason » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:43 am

Catch-up wrote:I got sent home with a note stating that I'm normal and reasonable. :lol:

Is that your Nobby Nobbs moment? Congrats on being normal. If often wondered what it might be like :D
TCOM-12 - Ludeum in tympanus
Editor Discworld Monthly
Jason

Postby wicked woman » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:10 am

Congratulations on being normal, won't last long if you hang around here Catch-up. :lol:
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Catch-up » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:48 pm

Dotsie wrote:
Catch-up wrote:I got sent home with a note stating that I'm normal and reasonable. :lol: Now I can officially buy the Sheldon t-shirt.

I got tested too! Feels good, doesn't it? :lol: What did he prescribe, chocolate and wine?

He did actually! :lol: I think he's my new favorite person. 8-) Well, he also gave me some strategies for coping with some of the insanity that's going on.

I guess the important thing is that I can pass for normal well enough to fool a professional. :mrgreen: What he actually ended up writing was much nicer than just "normal". I'm looking for a safety pin so I can pin it to my shirt when I go out.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Del » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:46 pm

Congrats CB.

I would love to clay shoot chris though my ex would have to be overseas if I did... too much temptation between having a gun in my hands and a fast taxi ride. :lol:

Chilli wrote:Sometimes I pretend to be normal.......but it gets boring after a while so I go back to being me

I know that feeling.... we used to have a magnet on our fridge that said...

Batty wrote:Personally, I would feel miffed to be told that I was 'normal' ... I rather like being a Loon!

You KNEW this pic you sent would come back to haunt you didnt you Batty :lol:

NURSE! She's escaped again!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

For you catch-up...

or better still....

or you can print this one out and cut it out... you will have to provide your own safety pin though....

Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Catch-up » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:06 pm

:lol: Thank you! I'd love both of those t-shirts. I'll take one of the magnets too. :D
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Batty » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:08 pm

Have you got any idea how daft I felt, wearing my 'straitjacket' in public, while I walked towards the house?? When I played the tape back, an old boy was out walking his dog, and stopped by the front gate! :oops:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Del » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:15 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

See...... that whole sentence..... YOU are worried about an old man walking his dog seeing you.....

The fact you HAVE a straightjacket???? No??? Thats not a problem for you????

:lol: :lol: :lol:

*runs*
Del

Postby Batty » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:19 pm

They're a bit like hospital gowns ... Difficult to do up at the back! :roll:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby chris.ph » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:22 pm

put two on batty you dont have to worry about the back then, says the voice of experience ;)
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Del » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:32 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: and yet again......whats wrong with this sentence..... you have been arse up on an operating table with gods knows how many people having a bloody good look at the least.... and you are worrying about someone seeing a flash of your right butt cheek as you head to the loo... :lol:
Del

Postby chris.ph » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:33 pm

i dont give a t@@s del, but i might offend the delicacies of the geriatric ladies on the wards :lol: :lol:

i had a row off a sister for walking around in my boxer shorts, i cant see the difference between boxers and a bather :roll:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Del » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:48 pm

The geriatric ladies have most probably seen more than their fair share of mens arses in their lifetime chris and I daresay wouldnt mind seeing a nice young one once in a while to lighten up the day.

Dont see the problem with boxers either... they are after all SHORTS. :roll:

The only "fear" of hospitals I have ever had is along the clothing lines. I dont ever wear anything to sleep in and when I have been in hospital I have woken up on more than a few occassions with my nightwear hanging off the drip line because I have climbed out of it in my sleep. :oops:
Del

Postby Ghost » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:43 pm

earlier on my eldest nephew was wandering around in his bright blue onesy
unknown to him I had my camera at hand Image
I got three good shots of him like this before he realised and one very blurry one after
sadly he made me delete them before I had a chance upload and share
Ooh you cheeky little sea winkle
Ghost

Postby elves » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:08 pm

hi iam new to this , finished reading Dodger that made me smile!!
elves

Postby Penfold » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:33 pm

Del wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: and yet again......whats wrong with this sentence..... you have been arse up on an operating table with gods knows how many people having a bloody good look at the least.... and you are worrying about someone seeing a flash of your right butt cheek as you head to the loo... :lol:

chris.ph wrote:i dont give a t@@s del, but i might offend the delicacies of the geriatric ladies on the wards :lol: :lol:

i had a row off a sister for walking around in my boxer shorts, i cant see the difference between boxers and a bather :roll:

Del wrote:The geriatric ladies have most probably seen more than their fair share of mens arses in their lifetime chris and I daresay wouldnt mind seeing a nice young one once in a while to lighten up the day.

I imagine that some of the old ladies on the ward might have had a stroke upon seeing you half naked, chris..............

.............but only of they were quick enough! ;)
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum