How do you feel today? 4

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: How do you feel today? 4

Postby Dotsie » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:05 pm

Batty wrote:My GP said that it is impossible to catch a virus from a flu jab. ... Yeah, right ... Image

Well, it's true that you can't get flu from it, but you can get an immune reaction which includes fever & aches. The difference being that it's much much milder than real flu, it (probably) won't kill you, and you can't pass it on. But it does make you feel sucky, so sympathy ((((hugs)))) Tina :romance-grouphug:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Alanz » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:53 pm

I quite agree with you Dotsie, It all depends on how strong your immune system is wether you get a reaction or not.
Alanz

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:43 pm

chris.ph wrote:
Who's Wee Dug wrote:
chris.ph wrote:thats wot you get when you go down the pub wwd :roll: :lol: :lol:

That was before I went for a pint Chris.

T.V.is definitely buggered change the fuse still no joy,and it's less than 3 years old. :x

bloody hell and i bet the warranty is up

Popped into the pub while I was out just for a pint in the passing and to see who was in, one of the guys I know said to check the little glass fuse that is usually inside, so I took out all the screws on the back just checking they were all out with a torch before I popped the back off, then I noticed a small rocker switch on the back at the side and it was marked I - O clicked it back to I and switched everything on and BINGO a working TV just had to put all the screws back, the reccessed ones going back was a little tricky. saved me £500 for a new one. :D :dance: :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Alanz » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:46 pm

Bet if you'd got someone in it would have cost the Earth, Glad it's fixed Dug :dance:
Alanz

Postby Catch-up » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:46 pm

Tina, sorry you got a reaction to the flu shot. :( It's still a really good thing you got one.

Yay Dug! :D Glad you were able to get it working.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:48 pm

And they would have made out it was more than it was probably.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Batty » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:22 pm

Dotsie wrote:
Batty wrote:My GP said that it is impossible to catch a virus from a flu jab. ... Yeah, right ... Image

Well, it's true that you can't get flu from it, but you can get an immune reaction which includes fever & aches. The difference being that it's much much milder than real flu, it (probably) won't kill you, and you can't pass it on. But it does make you feel sucky, so sympathy ((((hugs)))) Tina :romance-grouphug:

Ever since my chemo 6 years ago, I feel like my immune system has been compromised. Add to that my heart condition and the fact that I qualify for a free flu jab every year, and any bug affects me more than it used to.
And still he insists that the jab is harmless! Image
Didn't Spike Milligan end his poem about Maveric Prowles:
"And so my friend,
This is the end,
A warning to the few:
Stay clear of doctors to the end
Or they'll get rid of you. "
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby chris.ph » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:42 am

bloody proctectomy is itching, you try scratching something that doesnt exist anymore :roll: :roll: bloody phantom feelings.

on the subject of burial my mother reckons the doctors are trying to bury me a bit at a time :lol: :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Batty » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:29 pm

chris.ph wrote:bloody proctectomy is itching, you try scratching something that doesnt exist anymore :roll: :roll: bloody phantom feelings.

on the subject of burial my mother reckons the doctors are trying to bury me a bit at a time :lol: :lol:

:lol: They must have a weird sense of humour - considering what parts of you they are collecting!! :lol:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:10 pm

That's a bum phrase Batty. :mrgreen:
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Dotsie » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:28 pm

Batty wrote:Ever since my chemo 6 years ago, I feel like my immune system has been compromised. Add to that my heart condition and the fact that I qualify for a free flu jab every year, and any bug affects me more than it used to.
And still he insists that the jab is harmless! Image

You should definitely get the jab then. Sorry :(
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Batty » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:27 pm

I do get the jab! Mind you, I've only been included in the 'invitation to attend' since December 2010. ... And in 2011 they forgot to invite me, and I had to ask them in February 2012 if I should attend the jab clinic? And then they told me off for not reminding them in December! ...

I generally feel nasally and as if I'm going down with something for a couple of weeks afterwards, though.

My GP also told me in October 2009 that he was going to send me for an urgent physio appointment, to get treatment for my dodgy leg.
I'm still waiting for an appointment date ... :roll:
Batty

Postby wicked woman » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:13 am

I was sent for physio for my back Batty, don't think you've missed anything. :roll:
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:10 am

Time for a new thread. :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Previous

Return to The Broken Drum