Postby Ghost » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:14 pm

Ghost

Re: What have you seen recently? 3

Postby Alanz » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:33 pm

Can't get one today, i'll have to keep a look out :D
Alanz

Postby BobtheDrog » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:05 pm

went to I give it a year earlier, would recommend giving it a miss, very, very bad! No chemistry between actors, poor script, stephen merchant making an idiot of himself
BobtheDrog

Postby Alanz » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:19 am

Some actors are very good at that Bob :lol: :lol:
Alanz

Postby raptornx01 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:49 pm

I guess this counts as having been seen, But I just finished the first season of The Walking Dead the Game.

My god. such a powerful story. They really did an amazing job with this. Especially the writing, and the acting. and ESPECIALLY the performance by the VA for this little girl named Clementine.

If you are familiar with the tv series or the comic then you know its a zombie apocalypse tale. though this doesn't follow either, just takes place in that world, so you don't need to have watched/read the others. The story is a guy named Lee who is on his way to prison when things go bad. After the police car he's in crashes he's left to fend for himself. He comes across Clementine left alone when her baby sitter turns (her parents are away at the time, and an answering machine message leaves you thinking the worst). So he decides to look after her for the time being.

The rest of the story is basically Lee trying to protect her. Along the way he meets others and they join up and try to survive together. Its told over 5 episodes, Each one about hour and a half to two hours long (depending). You get to know everyone fairly well, learn about their personal stories. ofcourse there are conflicts, people try to look out for their own families or themselves. it's not really an action story, it's character driven. Lot's of talking, but its all done in a compelling way, and performed superbly.

And there are serious choices that need to be made, not good or bad, just choices and Lee has to live with the consequences of those decisions. but what can make it even harder at times is that you really do end up caring for this little girl.

It's not for the faint of heart, though, and not because of the violence (which there is plenty of). Chances are, it will make you break down. its that well done. thats not something any game has ever done to me. and not something that ANY fictional story has ever done to me to the degree of this. (seriously, i was a wreck for a few minutes)

game fan or not, if you are into these kinda of stories and you have access to a console or an ok PC, I would highly recommend getting this.

I'm really looking forward to season 2.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:13 pm

I went to see Beautiful Creatures, it was not quite what I expected a little slow at the beginning but as it progressed it got better all said and done, with quite a little twist in it, enjoyable all the same I would rate it 7/10. :mrgreen: Next I want to see the Zombie one Warm Bodies then next week Hansel and Gretel. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Catch-up » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:05 pm

Saw Seven Psychopaths a few nights ago. Darker than I expected and not as many laughs, but it definitely had me giggling a few times. Not a huge fan of Colin Farrell or Woody Harrelson, but I love Sam Rockwell. As usual, he stole the show. Christopher Walken is creepy, but he was so good in this.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby BobtheDrog » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:52 pm

Two films today:

A Good Day to Die Hard, not a bad action movie but it in no way a Die Hard film, there's no trace of the humor that you expect from the franchise and most of the scenes feel like they've been dragged out because the script came up a little short

Wreck it Ralph, brilliant, very funny with most of the jokes being aimed more at the parents than the children
BobtheDrog

Postby Alanz » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:13 pm

Anyone seen Life of PI yet ?, Bin thinking about seeing it but haven't got round to it yet :D
Alanz

Postby Sister Jennifer » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:09 pm

I did see Life of Pi, Alanz. If you've read the book you'll be impressed. Absolutely wonderful movie either way.

I'm a Sam Rockwell fan as well Catch-up.

Watched, Safety Not Guaranteed. The movie that was inspired from this joke ad

It was very good.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby Ghost » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:13 am

Yey I finally got to see the Ouran High School Host Club Movie
I got hooked on the anime ages ago
and I've been waiting 3 months for some lovely English student to attach subs
Ghost

Postby Catch-up » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:49 pm

Sister Jennifer wrote:I did see Life of Pi, Alanz. If you've read the book you'll be impressed. Absolutely wonderful movie either way.

I'm a Sam Rockwell fan as well Catch-up.

Watched, Safety Not Guaranteed. The movie that was inspired from this joke ad

It was very good.

That one's on my list too. Glad to hear you liked it.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
Catch-up

Postby Sister Jennifer » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:27 am

It's a lovely movie. Hope you enjoy it when you get to see it.

I watched the documentary, Sarah Palin: You Betcha! Frightening & disturbing stuff.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby Catch-up » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:56 pm

Sister Jennifer wrote:It's a lovely movie. Hope you enjoy it when you get to see it.

I watched the documentary, Sarah Palin: You Betcha! Frightening & disturbing stuff.

You're braver than I am! That falls solidly in the horror genre as far as I'm concerned.
Catch-up

PreviousNext

Return to TV, film, theatre