Frustration Thread 4

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Frustration Thread 4

Postby Penfold » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:32 am

Tonyblack wrote:
Alanz wrote:Hope your Ok Joolz, My parents would never let me have a Motorbike, they reconed they are death traps, I told them it's not the bikes, it's the way some persons ride them :D

It's the nut behind the handlebars - the most dangerous part of a bike. :mrgreen:

Or the steering wheel of the nearby car. ;)

Glad you're ok Joolz and I hope it doesn't work out too expensive. :)
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Alanz » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:59 am

Yep i must agree with Penfold as well, there are certainly some Nutters about on our roads nower days, especially here in Cleethorpes :lol:
Alanz

Postby Catch-up » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:32 am

Joolz, yikes! :shock: Glad you're ok and hope it's not too expensive.

I agree with Penfold too. Some drivers seem oblivious to people on bikes or motorcycles.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Alanz » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:50 am

Speaking of people on Bikes we alot of Cyclists who do not have lights on, They wear dark clothing and it is really hard to see them sometimes, Thank goodness the lighter Mornings/Nights are coming...some people have no sense, just a couple of pounds for a set of lights and it could save your life.... :evil:
Alanz

Postby raisindot » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:43 pm

Don't get me started on Bicyclists. I don't know how they are in the Old World, but here in my part of the New World at least half of the bicyclists I see go right through red lights at intersections, rush right into traffic to take left turns, ride on sidewalks, ride way too fast in busy traffic and otherwise violate the rules of the road that apply to them as well. No wonder motorists have such hostility toward them. I bike in good weather as well and I'm way too scared of becoming roadkill to try another of their nutter tactics.
raisindot

Postby Alanz » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:47 pm

Yes some think that they are a law unto themselves, they don't care...Any way what Old and New World about :?: Am i missing something here. :?:
Alanz

Postby Batty » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:37 pm

Glad that you're OK, Joolz.
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Alanz » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:53 pm

If it isn't a Smiley Bikey..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Alanz

Postby TinatheConfused » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:14 pm

oops
Last edited by TinatheConfused on Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vampires have risen from the dead, the grave and the crypt, but have never managed it from the cat. ~ Witches Abroad
TinatheConfused

Postby TinatheConfused » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:18 pm

TinatheConfused wrote:
Joolz wrote:The gearbox on the bike went bang today :cry: Bang, locked wheel, scary slide, And a wonderful sound like a bag of hammers in there...Anybody want to buy a kidney arm and leg?

What's a kidney arm? Oh my, how I would love a kidney arm... for those times when you are sorting papers. I Always run out of hands. Listen to some Billy Connolly. It won't make your wicked motor scooter any better, but with a pint, it will seem slightly removed.

Just think of all the fun you will have rebuilding it. Finding just the right parts... get Batty to put some "Happy Hexes" on them OR!!!! Use the Librarian's method in Soul Music and make your Own Harley.

p.s. If I win aHUGE Lottery, my friends will find helicoptors dropping pressies off in unique places and sizes.
Vampires have risen from the dead, the grave and the crypt, but have never managed it from the cat. ~ Witches Abroad
TinatheConfused

Postby Dotsie » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:03 pm

Alanz wrote:Yes some think that they are a law unto themselves, they don't care...Any way what Old and New World about :?: Am i missing something here. :?:

Old world is Europe, Africa and Asia. New World is the Americas and Australia. Did I miss anyone?
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Catch-up » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:11 pm

Luckily the cyclists around here are pretty safety conscious. Although you occasionally see one that's destined for an ER visit.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby chris.ph » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:22 pm

hope your ok joolz and the bike isnt to expensive to repair :pray: :D
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Joolz » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:15 pm

Thanks all I'm fine...just needed a change of underwear...I'm currently looking down the back of the sofa for the £2.5-4K that it might cost, unless Triumph step up..it's a known fault
Tune the world out, turn the radio up
Sing along to my freedom song
Joolz

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:14 am

If it's an inherent design fault they should repair it Joolz. :shock: I remember on my Trident 3 there was a fault where the pull rod in the clutch would twist and break off, reason given when I returned it to the factory was the bearing to which it was attached, some were fitted at the BSA factory and some at Meridan factory apparently the BSA crowd fitted it in arse about face or back to front and it seized then twisted off after a few thousand miles, after it came back from Meridan factory is was better than when it was new. It was happy days but long gone. :D
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum