Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: What made you smile today? 6

Postby Alanz » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:07 am

Ghost wrote:you people are mad as hatters :D :D

You've noticed then, Welcome to the club :scared-yipes:
Alanz

Postby Catch-up » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:39 am

Two things. My mom bought the girls a bunch of board games for xmas and a couple of nights ago we opened up Disney Monopoly. It was soooooo cool! :D The board opens up with a huge pop-up castle in the middle. I love pop ups. And then, everyone was trying to buy their favorite ride, as opposed to trying to buy the most expensive properties. Lots of laughing that night.

The other thing happened last night. We had little to no time to get dinner in before Ava went to a fundraiser at school, so we picked up McD's. While we were in line Ava was asking her dad shark questions, which he was trying his best to answer. There was a guy in line behind us (late teens, early 20's?) who started answering them. He looked at us, shrugged and told us he was something of a "shark geek". What timing! So Ava peppered him with questions for the rest of the wait. :lol:
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Alanz » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:46 am

You never know who's behind you... 8-)
Alanz

Postby Catch-up » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:16 pm

So true!
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
Catch-up

Postby Alanz » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:24 pm

Have ever had anyone famous behind you before :?:
Alanz

Postby Catch-up » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:20 pm

Not behind me, but when I worked for a big hotel chain I did spot a few famous people, Ray Charles tops the list and the funniest thing I saw involved Andre the Giant.
Catch-up

Postby Alanz » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:25 pm

WoW!! I wouldn't recognise anyone if i saw them, although my wife and i did follow Barry Manilowe( I think that's how you spell it ) into a hotel once when we were in Vegas :D
Alanz

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:26 pm

A horse walks into a bar.

"Too late," says the bartender, "We're joking about the Pope now."

"He's right," sighs Richard III

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Alanz » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:45 pm

That's way above me i'm afraid Bouncy sorry :think:
Alanz

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:28 pm

Well with all the horsemeat jokes, and then Richard 3rd jokes, and now the Pope's resignation......
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby Alanz » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:56 pm

Go on then Bouncy give me your best Richard 111 Joke please :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :clap:
Alanz

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:07 pm

I'm very glad they have found and reassembled his skeleton. I love it when a Plantagenet comes together.

They put up a shelter over the grave of Richard 3rd. Somebody put a mirror ball in it. Now its winter in his disco tent.

Bouncy Castle

Postby raptornx01 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:39 pm

:lol:
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Alanz » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:51 pm

Yea, i'll give you that one very good.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Alanz

Postby TinatheConfused » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:54 pm

Alanz wrote:Have ever had anyone famous behind you before :?:

Oooh, Oooh, I met someone famous, but I didn't know he was famous. I was locked away in that school in the Dominican Republic in 1976 and 1977, it was early 1977 I believe when this happened. The school I was at really wanted to get into the students head's and use a horrible method of brainwashing called EST, the motto of Erhard Training Systems is "We're gonna tear you down and build you back up into [insert meme here]. I had brought my guitar with me and the staff kept taking it away from me, because they said I was releasing feelings through it and not conforming (HA! Imagine me conforming to anything but me) to the group and only letting my feelings out there. After a year there, my little E string broke. I still kept playing as though it was there. (Segovia did the same sort of thing in the Spanish Military. He took a guitar neck and practiced every day and after two years he was Much better than when he left)

One day I was out playing by the kitchen and here comes an American!!! We were pretty much sequestered from any outsiders. He was wearing a dirty Karate ghi and had sandals on his dusty feet, and Blonde hair. He spoke with me for a while and sympathized that my strings were indeed really old. Nobody noticed us for about 15 min or so, then a staff member came out to get him away from the Non-conforming, damn stubborn girl. I distinctly heard him say " I thought you Christian types liked music. "

About an hour later, he came back with a WHOLE NEW SET of strings! OH JOY!!! :o He strung my guitar and showed me how to wrap the steel strings so they weren't just winging about. When I first met him, I asked his name. He said "My friends call me Jim" omg I met Jimmy Buffet right after his Big Margaritaville hit and being on the cover of the Rolling Stone. He was bumming around the Caribbean, getting his head right after all the Hollywood treatment. I did not realize it until years later. I thought he was an angel sent to help me stay sane. Pretty soon I began to "find" music books lying about, and an American teacher/musician came to the weekly campfire where I played and we sang John Denver, and Christian music. He told the director what nuts they had all been for not letting me play and for shunning me for it.
Vampires have risen from the dead, the grave and the crypt, but have never managed it from the cat. ~ Witches Abroad
TinatheConfused

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum