Frustration Thread 4

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Frustration Thread 4

Postby Del » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:43 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Someone was bullying my little brother when I was about 13. Big boys too... They went to take off on their bikes as I approached and I remember (vaguely) picking up a stick and jamming it in the front wheel of his bike as he took off... he went a*se over t*t off his bike and landed on his face. Went home crying to his mum who turned up at our house to talk to mum and dad.

I was packing bricks becasue I had VERY strict parents who would gladly give ME a right whack to show me violencse was NOT to be resorted to.....though I give them credit... they stood there and said that everyone KNEW what a quiet child I was and it was inconceivable that I would do something like that... and besides could they explain my little brothers bloody nose????

They gave me two lines about how I shouldnt EVER hit another child and it was never spoken of again. :D

No M cant raise a finger.. its assault and she is technically an adult and would be charged as such. And the ex would have a field day with my parenting skills.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby cheery_j. » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:53 pm

Del wrote:No M cant raise a finger.. its assault and she is technically an adult and would be charged as such. And the ex would have a field day with my parenting skills.

bugger!
cheery_j.

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:57 pm

Del, I would strongly suggest that you take screenshots of these posts. That would be evidence to back up any complaint about bullying. As you know, bullying isn't just about beating people up - verbal bullying is in many ways much worse.

Sorry that H is going through this - I'm sending *HUGS* to her.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Del » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:03 pm

Yep! Well thats my ace. Social media bullying is taken very seriously here especially in high schools.

Screenshots! Doh! Perfect! Thanks TOny.
Del

Postby The Mad Collector » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:14 pm

Make sure that it is screenshots Del not just a copy and paste of the text which someone afterwards could claim you manipulated. OK screenshots can be altered but it's much more tricky to get it right without leaving telltale edits so they stand up much better as evidence.
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Dotsie » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:11 pm

The Mad Collector wrote: Girls can be so much nastier than boys unfortunately

This is a bit of a generalisation Mad. It certainly wasn't the case when I was at school.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby The Mad Collector » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:24 pm

It does say 'can' rather than 'are' Dotsie. It's certainly the experience of several ladies I know (including a 16 year old who is going therough a bad time at the moment) that female bullying tends to the more inventively nasty and psychological than boys which is more physical
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Del » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:34 pm

It doesnt matter with H. Boys want to impress the cool girls so they will be in on it.

I have no experience as all my children are girls and so therefore suffered at the hands of other girls. The oldest though had very good male friends from kindy on and never had a problem with boys. The teen M though, has only just rediscovered the boys she went to school with (as she is in a college finishing her high school, and they have all finished)... they are now good friends and told her that some of the girls lead them to believe she was stuck up... now the boys realise she was just shy.
Del

Postby Catch-up » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:58 pm

Oh Del. :cry: I feel absolutely sick for H. That was just heartbreaking to read. I'm so glad you caught it and are going to the school with it. I hope those girls are shamed by the school and their parents. :evil: Let us know what happens.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Dotsie » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:02 am

The Mad Collector wrote:It does say 'can' rather than 'are' Dotsie.

I know - so you think girls have potential to be nastier than boys. How many boys who were bullied have you spoken to? Your sample size is a little small! I would suggest your results aren't statistically significant, and it's not a blind study so you can't rule out bias :P
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Catch-up » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:46 am

Girls and boys certainly seem to bully in different ways. I have no doubt it's all equally devastating for anyone on the wrong end of either kind. I know that I mostly gave up on trying to be friends with the girls. I can't say I was bullied, but allegiances changed so fast it'd give you whiplash. One minute they were your friend, the next they weren't. I got tired of it quickly and found it was easier to just be friends with the boys.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:06 pm

Catch-up wrote:Oh Del. :cry: I feel absolutely sick for H. That was just heartbreaking to read. I'm so glad you caught it and are going to the school with it. I hope those girls are shamed by the school and their parents. :evil: Let us know what happens.

What Catch-up said.

Hugs and kisses to my mate, Little Pumpkin.

Trouble with today is, that the bullies can get away with a whole lot more, because of social media.

It's safe to sit behind a computer screen.

I wonder if they'd say the same things to H's face?
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Broccolee » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:35 pm

Oh Del,how awful!Big hugs to you and Hayden.As far as I know,you can also take this to the police.There was achildrens information programme on tv here a while ago and they said to take evidence of online mobbing to the police..
But definitely inform the teachers too.
Our situation here is getting better,but I still need to go to the school again and again to keep an eye on it and talk to the teachers over and again because Brianna is simply not able to understand difficult situations or react appropriately to them.
I would never allow her to have a Facebook account.Not least because she can't handle any kind of intricate technology,up to and including a television set.But also because I fear just that kind of problem.
But of course we all live closer to each other so if she wants to see someone she can go there.Of course that's a bit difficult your end!
I hope you can sort this out for her.Poor dear,she's got enough on her plate as it is.She ought to get a letter any day now.Hope that cheers her up.Talk of snow angels!!! ;)
It´s still magic even if you know how it´s done.
Broccolee

Postby Penfold » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:34 pm

Even if you have no intention of informing the police, Del, just mention it as an option that you are considering when presenting the evidence to the school. If nothing else, it will almost certainly make them sit up and pay attention to what is going on and take action (I'm only guessing but I would think that they would want to avoid the entailing publicity of a police investigation at all costs). :)
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Sister Jennifer » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:47 pm

Del, :romance-caress: :romance-kisscheek: for your daughter. Sorry this has happened to her.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum