Frustration Thread 4

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Frustration Thread 4

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:16 am

They didn't "take" them.

I asked them if they'd hold a spare set of keys for me, in case of emergency.

I once locked myself out and had to get a neighbour to drive me to friends who had a spare set, but they're now retired to Spain, so I wanted a set a tad closer to home.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby wicked woman » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:30 pm

Have you thought about a key safe?
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Batty » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:09 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:They didn't "take" them.

I asked them if they'd hold a spare set of keys for me, in case of emergency.

I once locked myself out and had to get a neighbour to drive me to friends who had a spare set, but they're now retired to Spain, so I wanted a set a tad closer to home.

Phew! That's a relief! My spare set of keys is with my mother in Kent! It'd be cheaper to smash the lock and fit a new one than fork out for the cost of the journey!
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Catch-up » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:33 am

Good news Bouncy. We do the same with neighbors, swap spare keys. Makes it easy for pet sitting and accidentally locking yourself out. Not that I ever do that. No, really I don't. :whistle:
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby wicked woman » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:18 pm

I once locked both sets of car keys in the boot (trunk if you're not in britain). :oops: First guy that came along, asked him to try his key and got it open so I didn't have to confess to Mr WW. :greetings-clapyellow:
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Catch-up » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:02 pm

Had that meeting with the school today. It went so much better than I'd hoped! I feel really relieved, but totally exhausted. We walked away feeling confident that the issues have been acknowledged and are going to be addressed. But, I'm not convinced that's a guarantee that the problem will completely stop. Hopefully it will at least be easier to resolve if it does happen again. I desperately need a nap.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
Catch-up

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:31 pm

That's one that can be filed away as an acceptable result Catch up, as the Pink Floyd song went breathe, Breathe in the air. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Penfold » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:29 pm

Happy to hear about your result, Susanne, hopefully that will be the end of the matter. :D
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby wicked woman » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:41 pm

Happy to hear that.
wicked woman

Postby chillicamper » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:56 am

Glad it went well Susanne :D
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby Broccolee » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:57 am

That is so good,Susanne!I was thinking of you and I think you have deserved not only a nap,but a nice evening to yourself to recoop.Have a glass of champagne in the bubble bath to celebrate,why don't you. :D
It´s still magic even if you know how it´s done.
Broccolee

Postby Dotsie » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:58 am

Yay! :D Hope they stick to the plan this time.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby raisindot » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:45 pm

Great to hear, Susanne!
raisindot

Postby Catch-up » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:41 pm

Thanks guys! :D The teacher and I just had the kind of email exchange that would historically go tragically wrong. Got a response from her this morning and I'm so happy to report that it was sane and reasonable. This is a very good sign.

It was a huge relief to have the meeting go as well as it did. The first thing the director brought up was an email this teacher sent to the rest of the staff about me. This was a couple of months ago. She made some very snotty comments about me, meant only for the staff to see, but failed to remove my email address when she hit "reply all". :roll: The director apologized and said, "That must have really just knocked you off your feet when you saw that." So right from the start I knew we weren't going to spend time pretending that things hadn't gone wrong. That made the whole meeting so much more productive.
Catch-up

Postby Ghost » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:48 pm

fantastic news
Ghost

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum