Headlines That Left You Speechless 2

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Headlines That Left You Speechless 2

Postby Quatermass » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:49 pm

"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Dotsie » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:00 am

Not surprised at all.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Del » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:46 am

Quatermass wrote:On lighter news, what is the second most spoken language in the UK? The answer may surprise you...

http://bigpondnews.com/articles/TopStories/2013/01/31/Polish_is_second-most_spoken_in_UK_840977.html?cid=ZBP_NEWS_L_L1_Polish_is_second-most_spoken_in_UK_310113

Sounds a lot... but it's only around 500, 000 after all. 92% speak English as their first language.

I wonder what Australia s stats would be. I would say 92% of us are immigrants originally. I am a first generation Australian. I have three close friends who are very anti-immigration. It does no good to point out that they too are first generation Australians.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Quatermass » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:14 am

Not that I consider it anything to be truly proud of, but I am pretty sure that I am at least second-generation, if not third-generation Aussie. :|
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Penfold » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:05 am

This didn't leave me speechless but I did find this interesting;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-le ... e-21063882
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Conforumist » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:52 am

Penfold wrote:This didn't leave me speechless but I did find this interesting;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-le ... e-21063882

Yeah, pretty crazy.
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby Dotsie » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:58 am

His final moments don't sound too pleasant. Deposed dictators don't fare well I guess.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:14 am

According to Simon Bates this morning, the Channel Four programme about the discovery of the remains was absolutely terrible.

Pity, I've got it on record.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Penfold » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:14 pm

I didn't think it was too bad but I'm no expert on history so I can't speak up for its accuracy or lack of. :think:
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:46 pm

Del wrote:
Quatermass wrote:On lighter news, what is the second most spoken language in the UK? The answer may surprise you...

http://bigpondnews.com/articles/TopStories/2013/01/31/Polish_is_second-most_spoken_in_UK_840977.html?cid=ZBP_NEWS_L_L1_Polish_is_second-most_spoken_in_UK_310113

Sounds a lot... but it's only around 500, 000 after all. 92% speak English as their first language.

I wonder what Australia s stats would be. I would say 92% of us are immigrants originally. I am a first generation Australian. I have three close friends who are very anti-immigration. It does no good to point out that they too are first generation Australians.

Ealing in London has the highest concentration of Poles outside of Warsaw but they do intrigrate within the community acouple of my mates there were second generation polish decent.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby wicked woman » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:19 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:According to Simon Bates this morning, the Channel Four programme about the discovery of the remains was absolutely terrible.

Pity, I've got it on record.

All emotion and richard was a victim of vicious slander. :roll: Seems like he had to be angel or devil, not inbetween.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Catch-up » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:36 am

They did a facial reconstruction:

“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Dotsie » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:46 am

I can't help but wonder what it would look like though if there wasn't a picture of Richard III to go on. They even got the hat right!

(Yes, I know, I have a cynicism problem)
Dotsie

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:17 am

What had me in hysterics yesterday was a headline that said he spoke with a Midlands accent.

I immediately rolled up, wondering if he wanted to get the battle over quickly, as Villa were playing that night.

:mrgreen:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:09 am

Bouncy Castle wrote:What had me in hysterics yesterday was a headline that said he spoke with a Midlands accent.

I immediately rolled up, wondering if he wanted to get the battle over quickly, as Villa were playing that night.

:mrgreen:

I wonder if Robin Hood and Shakespeare also had Midlands accents. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum