Kitten's " operation instruction" wanted :)

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Kitten's " operation instruction" wanted :)

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:53 am

Natalya wrote:
Tonyblack wrote:And you could get a copy of this book for the kitten. ;)

Tony, thank you very much, it's really interesting! I'll review it with my "boss-customer" :)

It's a very funny book by someone who really knows cats. Unfortunately you can only get it second hand these days.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Natalya » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:45 am

Tonyblack wrote:
Natalya wrote:
Tonyblack wrote:And you could get a copy of this book for the kitten. ;)

Tony, thank you very much, it's really interesting! I'll review it with my "boss-customer" :)

It's a very funny book by someone who really knows cats. Unfortunately you can only get it second hand these days.

Maybe I don't understood... Could you please give me more information? I thought that I have to pay 8 pounds. On the other hand I see "£8.24, or Free with Audible.co.uk 30-day free trial membership" Should I register in site Audible.co.uk and after that I'll be able to download this book from amazon without payment? Or from Audible.co.uk directly?
Best regards! :)
Natalya
Natalya

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:17 am

The book as such is no longer in print, so any copy that you buy will be second-hand. I have no idea about Audible, as I have never used them, but I think they are audio books rather than paper books.

You can get a paper copy for just a few pence, plus postage and packing. It was written in the 1960s. Here's a review:

Paul Gallico’s classic, The Silent Miaow is loved by many Spokane cat admirers. Though published in 1967, it is a unique, original book, written from the cat’s point of view. Rumor has it was written by Ceca and translated into English by its author.

There is much to admire in this ageless classic and the photography is absolutely magnificent. You’ll be totally amazed by the cat's remarkable expressions caught on film be equally flabbergasted and enchanted at these purely natural pictures.

The amusing instructions enclosed in this "manual" will seem to have been written by your own feline and you will easily recognize the shrewd interactions happening in your own life, relating to nearly every detail in some way. You will see how your cat trains and often outsmarts you through its charming tongue. You can’t help but smile as you turn page after page and may even go out and adopt another cat and name him/her Ceca. One thing for certain, it will be hard to put this book down and the only negative thing about it is that it has to end! Of course, you will want to read it again and again. It’s just one of those kinds of books. You will also find yourself sharing parts of it with other cat loving friends who will no doubt want to go out and buy it. It is still out there too. If you can’t find it at a local bookstore, try Amazon.com.

Paul Gallico, a sportswriter, undoubtedly possesses a now known secret--his cat owns him. But any reader will understand why, especially the cat lover.

There are lots more copies available here, here, here and here. :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Natalya » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:11 am

Yes, I see now... :)
Oh, I'll buy it for me, exactly!!!!
I've just found it on amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/051755 ... ZL75U2QDXW). (I've used this site for buying books for many years) And maybe I'll buy audio version for BB because this will more faster than paper copy!
Tony, thank you-thank you-thank you-thank you... This book will be "my precious", I feel it! :)
Best regards! :)
Natalya
Natalya

Previous

Return to The Broken Drum