Frustration Thread 4

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Frustration Thread 4

Postby The Mad Collector » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:14 pm

Visited my parents to drop off my mothers birthday present yesterday afternoon and mum asked me to have a look at her laptop as it didn't seem to be working properly.

Arrrrgghh Windows 8 I hate you :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I was still working on it trying to make it more user friendly for my mother and work properly with the existing wireless network at 11pm and then stayed the night and kept at it until I left at noon today to get back to the shop
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Catch-up » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:17 pm

Mad, I'm so sorry. Derek just went through that with his dad's laptop.

=Tamar wrote:
Catch-up wrote:Woke up this morning ... Hubby discovered that the hose in the backyard was on full blast.... when the temp rose last night, hose on full blast. Ugh. That is going to be one ugly bill. :(

Ouch. Been there. You have my complete sympathy.

Thanks! :) I'll take all the sympathy I can get right now.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Catch-up » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:22 pm

So... the teacher thing. Communication with her has just gotten weirder and I've bypassed her and contacted the teachers. Heard back from the principal about meeting to discuss it and I was just hit with this wave of exhaustion. This will by my 5th or 6th face to face on this subject. Not this exact subject, but in general. I am so tempted to pass on having the meeting and I'm thinking of just emailing them my concerns and current plan. Is that wrong? Should we still do the face to face? The idea of going in for another meeting makes me want to just crawl into bed. :(
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
Catch-up

Postby chillicamper » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:31 pm

Sorry to hear you are still having teacher problems. I know what you mean about exhaustion. Sometimes you just feel you can't explain anything for yet another time when no-one sems to be listening. We always prepare everything before a meeting - as if we were writing a letter or email to the person concerned. Then it takes some of the stress out of the meeting if we have notes to remind us of what we want to say!

Had another red light of doom light up the dash of the camper again. Im stumped as to what it is. Oh well - another few hours of cleaning electric contacts and testing then this weekend Grrrrrrr :roll:

I've posted on some VW forums and I'm hoping another VW nerd has had a similar problem and can offer help.
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:16 pm

OMG. Jose is sick.

:o
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:07 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:OMG. Jose is sick.

Hope he gets manuel soon. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:38 pm

[ just spat wine over the screen ]

Damn you Tony!
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby chillicamper » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:32 am

Tonyblack wrote:

Hope he gets manuel soon. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Isn't a manuel the book I need to read to find the faullt?? :lol:

I love forums - I now have 2 completely different opinions from the VW guys as to what the cause could be. So I'm gonna go with the one that's easiest to check and fix for now ;) (a break in the wire to the positive feed to the coil.......in case anyone is interested........... :sleeping-sleep: :sleeping-sleep: anyone?? ;) )
chillicamper

Postby chillicamper » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:33 am

Thank you for your concern Bouncy :D :D

Dr Chillicamper may be operating later. I'll keep you updated on his condition :lol:
chillicamper

Postby Penfold » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:21 pm

When given two options, Chilli, it almost always turns out to be the hardest one to implement that is the correct one. ;)
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Catch-up » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:06 pm

Hope it's the easy fix Chilli!
Catch-up

Postby raisindot » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:14 pm

Catch-up, as pain in the keister these meetings are, you should go to them. If you email your concerns, you're sending a signal that your resolve is weakening and then--the Teachers win. Unfortunately, the only way you can get anywhere with schools is to be in their face. Worst case scenario, bypass the teacher and go to the principal. If that doesn't work, go to the superintendent. Unfortunately, it's the squeaky wheel that gets the most attention in these situations. Good luck!
raisindot

Postby Broccolee » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:57 pm

I agree,Raisindot.You can only win if you stay visible,keep getting on their nerves.Go to the superintendant,go to the principal,then go to the school council.
And tell them what you are going to do.Catch-up,you need to radiate a bit of arrogance,dear.You are a busy woman.You have more to do than see to it that a obviously overtaxed girl does her job.SHE is supposed to be there for Ava and you,not the other way round.YOU pay her,not the other way round.
Keep going!
It´s still magic even if you know how it´s done.
Broccolee

Postby chillicamper » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:05 pm

Penfold wrote:When given two options, Chilli, it almost always turns out to be the hardest one to implement that is the correct one. ;)

Yup....that's the usual way things go - a simple 10 minute job turns into a 4 hour nightmare. Been there done that - fixed a rear wheel bearing once - everything that could be stuck/seized was - should have taken 2-3 hours. Ended up taking about 7 and I finished at 11pm by torchlight :roll: :lol:

Catch-up wrote:Hope it's the easy fix Chilli!

I'm hoping that its a 20p spade connector on to the coil. If not its about 20 quid for the parts to see if its a dodgy ignition switch - but thats a pig of a job to do, so I'm starting with the 20p option and hoping :lol: Still......stops be getting bored :lol:
chillicamper

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:41 pm

Catch-up. Just print off the emails where the teachers have told you "A" and have actually done bugger all. Take them to a meeting.

Gaaaaaaahhhhhhh.

Lots of thudding and thumping up and down the stairs tonight from the people in the flat above.

I opened my door to see Phil picking up a box of stuff.

"Are you moving out?" says me. (The amount of tenants that have done a midnight runner are amazing from that flat).

"Sarah is" he replies.

Buggrit, shrimps and millenniums and hands.

My contract phone Phil uses, and in return, I get access to their wifi broadband, which Sarah pays for.

Looks like I'm going to be back to nuffink on the interweb pretty soon.

Bouncy Castle

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum