Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: The Mid Life Crisis Thread

Postby Ghost » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:09 pm

Woooo Woooo
Just because you're sitting on an octopus doesn't make you king of the sea
Ghost

Postby jaznbonnie » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:39 pm

I think Batty and Catch-up have it right. When you reach Mid Life you realize you might want to step up the process of fulfilling your Bucket List - but not throw everything away in an attempt to "recapture your Youth." Which is a moot point. :whistle:
Be careful what you wish for as you just might get it.
jaznbonnie

Postby Alanz » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:45 pm

Ghost wrote:Woooo Woooo

Ya can't scare me, The lights are on...... :lol:
Alanz

Postby Sister Jennifer » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:22 am

I'll just say this the once, having a camper van is being amazingly cool & groovy Chilli. Owning one does not under any circumstances mean you're having a crisis.

I think as I've gotten older I've become even more calm about things in general. You've gotta live and learn. Work through your life goals & be flexible, that way you don't have an aneurysm if things go pear-shaped.

Muhammad Ali said one of my all time favourite things: 'If you view the world the same at 50 as you did when you were 20, you've wasted 30 years of your life.'

Well, I'm still a few years off the traditional mid-life, I'll be 44 in a few weeks. We'll see how calm & collected I am when I wake up that day. I'll let you all know if I do anything crisis inducing. Or crisis inducing for my husband anyway ;) .
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby Quatermass » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:37 am

I'm just in a life crisis, period. Have been for over five years. Mentally, anyway. I don't have the money to splash out on flashy cars (which I detest anyway) and vapid young women (who would be about my age anyway, and I'd personally prefer some with brains under the bonnet, so to speak). :|
Have you seen the size of human brains? They're hilarious!

-The Twelfth Doctor
Quatermass

Postby chillicamper » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:51 am

Sister Jennifer wrote:I'll just say this the once, having a camper van is being amazingly cool & groovy Chilli. Owning one does not under any circumstances mean you're having a crisis.

I think as I've gotten older I've become even more calm about things in general. You've gotta live and learn. Work through your life goals & be flexible, that way you don't have an aneurysm if things go pear-shaped.

Muhammad Ali said one of my all time favourite things: 'If you view the world the same at 50 as you did when you were 20, you've wasted 30 years of your life.'

Thank you SJ - That's the first time I've been called cool :lol: :lol: I think you are right about being able to be more calm - I still get stressed about some things, but I generally feel more able to put things in perspective and not worry as much. I like the Ali quote.......just so long as viewing the world differently doesn't mean that I have to grow up as well :D :lol:
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby meerkat » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:43 am

mid life crisis? I got to fifty and my life started to fall apart so I gave up on a crisis and took one at a time. :roll: Far more manageable.

Having a VW is cool! Beetles is best!
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Postby AuntyVague » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:12 pm

I think a VW camper is pretty cool too :) One part of be would love a two toned split-screen VW, but the majority of me has the same attitude as Jason, that vehicles are A-B. That's my way of saying I'd be too lazy to look after a VW :D

I'm not really into trying to recapture my youth, but I suppose I had a 'crisis' of sorts last year when I realised that I was getting very tired of my job. For the last few years I've recruited, screened and matched volunteers to provide support and respite to families who have children who have a disability. For the first few years I loooooved my job, but finding (and more importantly retaining) good volunteers is hard work, so I guess I eventually got a bit burnt out.

So now I'm back at Uni (distance ed) and six months into a new job were I feel pretty green and incompetent. So I guess I am recapturing my youth really!
AuntyVague

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:44 pm

Good luck with uni, Aunty! :)
Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Yes! We're all individuals!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby Penfold » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:54 pm

What Tony said. :D
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Len Brook Photography Website

Len Brook Fine Art Prints For Sale @ Photo4me.com
Penfold

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:40 pm

But don't spend all your 1st year grant on wild times and holidays. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby majomull » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:20 pm

At 45 I find myself much more interested in visiting places that I've always wanted to go, as opposed to owning the things I think I want. I want to rehab an older camper myself and hit the road. I have friends who have done the sports car bit, but I guess having a big block V-8 Nova for the past 24 years keeps the urge at bay.
Whiskey is sunlight held together with water.
majomull

Postby chris.ph » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:34 pm

ive allready been everywhere which is why im going to get the jag :dance: :dance:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:13 pm

Just stick some roller skates on the Great Dane, feed him a shedfull of sprouts, sit astride, and away you go! :mrgreen:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby chris.ph » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:14 pm

his name is troy not errol ;)
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum