Frustration Thread 4

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Frustration Thread 4

Postby The Mad Collector » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:10 pm

wicked woman wrote:RSPB Giant Birdwatch today, replenished the feeders and settled down to watch for my regular visitors. Total, 1 collared dove and 1 blackbird! Where's the rest of them???

Posing for Bill Oddie?
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Ghost » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:20 pm

The Mad Collector wrote:
wicked woman wrote:RSPB Giant Birdwatch today, replenished the feeders and settled down to watch for my regular visitors. Total, 1 collared dove and 1 blackbird! Where's the rest of them???

Posing for Bill Oddie?

yes I know this that a ceramic bird but after googling this was the nicest pic I could find that illustrated my point
Ooh you cheeky little sea winkle
Ghost

Postby cheery_j. » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:06 am

Same here! Whenever we want to count birds for the German equivalent of the RSPB Bird Watch they seem to magically disappear. How do they know it's counting time?
cheery_j.

Postby wicked woman » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:58 pm

Happens every year.

Hey Bill, can we have our birds back!
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Catch-up » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:27 pm

Woke up this morning to find our water pressure was really low. Figured it was something going on city-wide because of the weather. Nope. Hubby discovered that the hose in the backyard was on full blast. I think Thing 2 tried turning it on a couple of days ago when everything was frozen and didn't think to turn it off because nothing came out. So, when the temp rose last night, hose on full blast. Ugh. That is going to be one ugly bill. :(
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Ghost » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:29 pm

my netbook has just suffered it's most bizarre breakdown to date first of all I switched it on a quarter of the screen was dead.
Then I did the old techy trick of turning it off and turning on again still dead tried that again still a quarter dead but a purple screen with clicky options back off it went so I decided third times a charm if doesn't work take it to the shop to either be fixed or pronounced dead then a miracle the quarter lives :D got the option screen in full I pressed enter at the first option and it seems to be working.
I think it's time that I retire my computer get a new shiny one with a decent memory get it loaded up with ubuntu and live happily ever after for the next 5 or so years with that one
Ooh you cheeky little sea winkle
Ghost

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:27 pm

Catch-up wrote:Woke up this morning to find our water pressure was really low. Figured it was something going on city-wide because of the weather. Nope. Hubby discovered that the hose in the backyard was on full blast. I think Thing 2 tried turning it on a couple of days ago when everything was frozen and didn't think to turn it off because nothing came out. So, when the temp rose last night, hose on full blast. Ugh. That is going to be one ugly bill. :(

Catch-up is your water charges expensive over there, is it a monthly charge, here it is included in the monthly council tax which covers household refuse removal etc, but in London it was a separate charge.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Dotsie » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:34 pm

Some houses have a water meter Dug, we used to but it can't be fitted on the new place so we just get a yearly charge.

Maybe they'll let you spread out the bill payments Catch-up?
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Catch-up » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:51 pm

Yes, it's a monthly payment here. :( Taking deep breaths and trying to let it go because there's nothing I can do about it. I think they will let us spread out payments if we have to. I'll have to look into it. And I have to give the little one credit. When we told her she couldn't turn the water on outside in the winter and that we were going to have a big bill (we told her calmly because she really didn't mean to cause a problem) she offered us the money from her piggy bank to pay for it. Little sweet cheeks! Made me want to just squeeze her. :D
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Del » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:17 pm

Awwwww poor baby, catch-up.

We pay the earth for our water here. Its metered. Very expensive and we are very careful about using it. We got used to using very little when we had the drought and we had Level 6 water restrictions... 4 minute showers, no baths, 140 litres/person a day total. Doesnt stop certain teenagers taking half hour showers with me banging on the door. :roll:

With the full dams lately the government told us to let the hoses run free, wash your cars, water your gardens... yeah but they were still charging like a bull for it. :evil:

Yay you got your computer working Ghost. My laptop has a quarter dead screen too :( Havent used it in ages.

As for the birdwatching?... :lol: :lol: I had this image in my head of the birds ripping leaves off the trees and stuffing them into their feathers....*glancing over their shoulder.. wings... at WW and Cheery* hey hey hey... and settling down to see how long you would wait.... then when you go inside to get a hot cuppa, madly flying around and eating seed then running... flying... back undercover to watch again... :lol: :lol: :lol: or is it just me....
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Batty » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:32 pm

Del wrote:As for the birdwatching?... :lol: :lol: I had this image in my head of the birds ripping leaves off the trees and stuffing them into their feathers....*glancing over their shoulder.. wings... at WW and Cheery* hey hey hey... and settling down to see how long you would wait.... then when you go inside to get a hot cuppa, madly flying around and eating seed then running... flying... back undercover to watch again... :lol: :lol: :lol: or is it just me....

Or else disguising themselves so that you do not realize that they have been there, all along! ...
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby =Tamar » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:21 pm

Catch-up wrote:Woke up this morning ... Hubby discovered that the hose in the backyard was on full blast.... when the temp rose last night, hose on full blast. Ugh. That is going to be one ugly bill. :(

Ouch. Been there. You have my complete sympathy.
=Tamar

Postby wicked woman » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:21 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, that was in reply to batty's post, 2 up the thread.
Last edited by wicked woman on Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Dotsie » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:47 pm

:animals-chickencatch:

I mean, how many times can you use this smiley, right?
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby cheery_j. » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:52 am

More than we would have expected, obviously! ;)

@Del: probably exactly what they're doing...
cheery_j.

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum