How do you feel today? 4

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: How do you feel today? 4

Postby Errata » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:50 am

Get well soon Joolz!

I'm feeling annoyed with myself. Got up at about 9.30 this morning, made my breakfast, fed the animals... Set myself down in front of the tv to eat said breakfast thinking it was Monday... To discover it was infact Sunday! :lol: oh well, at least it means I don't have to go to work today! :mrgreen:
Trained Assassin - Beware! She'll hug you to death! :twisted:
Errata

Postby Broccolee » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:53 am

If your normal work day starts with you hanging out in front if the TV at 9.30,you don't deserve better. :twisted:
It´s still magic even if you know how it´s done.
Broccolee

Postby Errata » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:03 am

:P

Nah, I tend to work the late shift at work hence the lie- ins.
Trained Assassin - Beware! She'll hug you to death! :twisted:
Errata

Postby Del » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:49 pm

:lol: I was thinking the same Broc. 9:30 start????

Been struck inside the house for almost two days.. going around the twist. Tried to get down the back stairs (outside) to get to the freezer downstairs tonight and almost got blown away. Had scrambled eggs and toast for dinner instead.

Finally have both absent daughters M and T in safe places by this afternoon thanks to the kindness of friends. T is finally at her flat because her flatmate ex boyfriend braved the weather and swollen creeks in their area to get to her and get her home. M is stuck at her boyfriends house for another say. She genuinely expected me to drive in this. Branches all over the roads and flash flooding. She will be stuck there til tomorrow afternoon. (How terrible for her!!! :lol:) Oh well a lesson in lifebfor them how bad weather can get you stuck for a few days even in a big city.

Winds blowing bad here. Ikeep thinking the wind can't get any worse then it does. I am expecting it to take the roof off the back deck. Crappitycrapcrapceapittycrap. It felt better when it was day.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby janet » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:22 pm

When you're young with no responsibilities you don't think of personal safety do you Del. Growing up, being a parent brings all kinds of terrors they don't tell you about in those parenting books. I'm sitting here, knowing that my daughter is 100 miles away but safe and that nothing else is more important than that. The main thing now is to keep yourself safe.
Big hugs and love to you and Haydee. xx
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby Del » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:49 pm

:lol: @ Janet.

Which is why when I went to Europe when I was 20 for 8 weeks I showed my parents my itinerary and the tours.. they KNEW I was spending a large block of that time with close friends who were already living over there... I just didn't mention I was also going backpacking alone for some time.

I mean ... I had been living away from home since I was 16.. had driven by myself in the outback for thousands of miles .. worked in a highly dangerous environment .. And my parents were amazingly good at cutting apron strings.. believed that when you left time you should be treated AS an adult.. and did that (note: brilliant lesson for parents).. I do it for my girls...

BUT .. if I was home.. visiting them that is.. they would still sit up or give me a kiss when I got home after being out . :lol: "Glad you're home safe"

I do the same.

I know my girls are sensible... but still ... it that deep breath, shoulders down when you know they are safe.
Del

Postby chris.ph » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:02 pm

i think my parents were a bit worried when i went to bosnia in 93 as well :D
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Del » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:03 pm

:roll: Kids!!!
Del

Postby chris.ph » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:08 pm

this is why ive got a dog :lol: :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Del » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:33 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah you can lock them outside and noone seems to mind.... now with KIDS..... :roll:

After I had children I child-proofed my home

but they kept getting back in !

Boom boom
Del

Postby wicked woman » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:50 pm

:lol:
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Catch-up » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:05 pm

Joolz, hope you're feeling better!

Chilli, hope they bring in people to cover those going out. I know it's a job and things are tough, but it's still awful when you dread going in for one reason or another.

Del, so glad the girls are tucked away safe!
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Batty » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:31 pm

Del wrote:... Tried to get down the back stairs (outside) to get to the freezer downstairs tonight and almost got blown away. Had scrambled eggs and toast for dinner instead.

Were the eggs scrambled by the wind, Del? The poor hens must be suffering! Image
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Del » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:04 pm

:lol: :lol:
Oh yeah.... its windy here. (I need sleep desperately but every time I go to go to bed thinking its easing off....another bout of massive winds comes .. here comes another.. and the back deck lifts and the windows pop and the house moves.... they recorded 125klm/hr before... its supposed to be past us and into New South Wales... but the radar map is now showing another big part coming)

One of our local TV's posted an update for the floods and put this pic up....

Now if you dont know Queensland.... Rockhampton (where Jenn lives) is in flood again. They have put her city a few thousand miles further up the coast than it should be (above Mackay) and Townsville ( large city up north ) is missing altogether. So down the coast for major cities it goes Cairns, Townsville, Mackay, Rockhampton, Brisbane.

It has become an internet fav here right now.... comments like...

"OMG! Those winds have blown Rocky all the way up the coast!!!"

"Yeah and its blown Townsville right off the map!" etc. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Del

Postby Batty » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:07 pm

:lol: :lol:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum