Frustration Thread 4

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Frustration Thread 4

Postby Dotsie » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:03 pm

Hopefully she's learned her lesson then, and she'll sort this out :)
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Broccolee » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:05 pm

We will see.I am going to go and visit her a few times during recess in the next few weeks unexpectedly.If there is anyone bullying her,there will be hell to pay... :evil:

By the way,Catch-up,why don't you go and talk to the school (government) officials?
I've done that a few times in the past and it always worked for me.Generally teachers fall over themselves to help if you only mention your intention to do so...see above.
Your requests aren't above the norm,you just want her to do her job properly.If she can't do that and can't give a reasonable reason why,if you have repeatedly talked to them and applied to the director,for me that would be officials time right there.
Go ahead girl!
It´s still magic even if you know how it´s done.
Broccolee

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:16 pm

I can't begin to imagine what you parents go through with all this school stuffs.

I've never wanted children (other people's are OK for about five minutes!), but if someone was being nasty to one of my family, I have no idea how I would react.

When I get angry with a situation, I usually cry (no matter how hard I try not to) and it makes me look a complete twit. But if a family member, especially one that can't really stand up for him or herself, is being attacked (whether it be verbally or physically) then I'd probably go in screaming abuse.

Which wouldn't help matters at all.

Kudos to you guys and what you have to put up with all this s**t.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby The Mad Collector » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:22 pm

My thoughts exactly Bouncy (although without the crying bit) how the others are putting up with this so well is beyond me.
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:24 pm

[ probably forgotten a few, but.... ]

If I could be in the same room as Broc, Catch-up, Chilli, and Del, I'd hug them all till they couldn't breathe!
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby The Mad Collector » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:29 pm

I don't think that would necessarily help Bouncy breathing is quite important ;)
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Catch-up » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:09 pm

I don't know, maybe a little oxygen deprivation will derail that twitch I've now got in my right eye. Thank you for the virtual hug Bouncy! :D

Broc, I was going to hold off calling a meeting like that, but another email from the teacher consultant (TC) has made me change my mind. See above regarding eye twitch. :roll: Communication with her just gets bizarre. Twice this week Ava has brought home study guides the night before a test. No child should be studying just the night before. She did not seem to know her science info well so I emailed the TC and asked if Ava could take the test on Monday instead of Friday. She emails me back, no problem, all arranged. Ava comes home on Friday and says she was given the test anyway. I thought, no big deal, it slipped through the cracks, I'll just make sure she gets to retake it on Monday. With the appropriate (note, not EXTRA time to study, just APPROPRIATE) time to study, she gets an A on most tests. Sent an email about that, then the TC acts as if she does not remember the original agreement, even thought it's only a couple of messages down in the email thread! :| I don't know if she's losing it, or just tried to lie instead of admitting she made a mistake - and is really bad at lying. So, I've emailed the principal that we need to meet.

I've also been trying to set up a group meeting with her teachers for months now, and the TC just keeps dropping the ball on that as well. She finally came up with a suggestion that would only give us a half an hour with the whole group which, trust me, is not enough time. Usually an hour is not enough time. So I said thanks, but no thanks, I'll just set up meetings separately with the teachers. She asked me not to do that. She said "they" would rather meet with me as a group. And, frankly, I doubt she's telling me the truth. I think she doesn't want me meeting with the teachers separately because she's been screwing up her job of being my "go to" person!

At this rate, somebody better offer me a prescription. I don't know where to buy crack and I've tried becoming an alcoholic but I fall asleep after one glass of wine. :roll:
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Dotsie » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:40 pm

Kick her arse, it's time. Could you register an official complaint about her behaviour? I mean, everyone deserves a second chance but the woman either needs retraining or booting out!
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Dotsie » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:43 pm

I should point out that a couple of nights ago I had a dream that my son that I don't even have came home from school with two handmade mother's day cards. The teacher told him make the second one. So I'm inventing problems like a crazy lady, and I'm not to be trusted! :oops:
Dotsie

Postby Broccolee » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:18 pm

Sounds like you're on the right track,Dotsie.Seen your doc lately,have you?Only it's typical for pregnant women to have wierd dreams,especially about caring for,feeding or losing kids of various ages and sizes. :D
Broccolee

Postby Del » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:41 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:[ probably forgotten a few, but.... ]

If I could be in the same room as BrocCatch-up, Chilli, and Del, I'd hug them all till they couldn't breathe!

Better still... we could get Broc's ex and my ex in the same room and HUG them til they couldn't breathe.

I am on my phone... can't begin to tell the drama of the last three days. How can some people be SO VERY evil. ....

H starts high school in two days and there's some huge issues I have to deal with before her first day there. Argh!!!!!

On the plus side.... its good to know I am not the only one trying desperately to get my child some joy (if not an education) at school. I hear you guys... these kids have SO many challenges just being kids.. without all the crap too.

Wouldn't a magic wand come in handy. I would wish all these lovely children a peaceful calm life. I could handle the disability ...it's the other rubbish that shouldn't even have to add to their lives.

HUGS to you all.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Broccolee » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:46 am

I'd prefer the wand to the hugging,if you don't mind at all.Personally,I wouldn't want to come within throwing distance to either of the above,However,a bit of magic would be handy for removing some of their appendices,or maybe I'll stick with the garden shears.
Hug your baby from us,hun.She'll be a big strong girl before you realize,and if she's anything like mum,will start kicking arse as soon as she can reach. ;)
Broccolee

Postby Del » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:34 pm

Oh don't get me started. He tried to convince me she needed passport for a cruise next year.. has threatened with accusing me of Federal fraud !!! Because he pays for her speech therapy (on his health care mind).. and now he is going to stop it. She was in tears. He said he is losing his job in July... when the cruise is! When they USUALLY go back to the Philippines.. which is a non Hague country and I would have no chance of getting her back. Has even been ringing all day about the storm. I have been keeping her busy and distracted and he is going on about her safety and referencing the fact that I sent her to his place during the big floods two years ago.. that's when he locked her outside in the dark ... and when all this crap started.... she was so worried would do thataagain.. aaaargh. ... as she has only just got home this weekend.

So now I learn why storms scare her... not the weather...

Then I find he had texted her freaking crap about "Don't get mummy really angry at you sweetie." OMG. I don't get angry at her!!! I had taken her phone off her (the one he gave her) because some nasty little girls were teasing her on line. She is supposed to use the computer in the main room so I can be aware of what she is doing online... I was being a PARENT. .. and needed her offline to diffuse the situation. A child getting upset with a parent who is setting limits is perfectly normal. Argh. He is just setting up a papertrail .

Something is looming.

School next week at high school.. so I will.have to address the teasing. And weeks of setting this years goals for her year. And her special needs tests and interviews .... on and on... and his rubbish to deal with as well.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Dotsie » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:38 pm

Wow :shock: Is there any way you can check that he's not getting her a passport without you knowing?

As for a papertrail, don't forget that you have years' worth on here.
Dotsie

Postby spideyGirl » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:56 pm

Hope things improve soon!
spideyGirl

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum