What have you seen recently? 3

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: What have you seen recently? 3

Postby raptornx01 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Oh god, that Beetlejuice reference at the end :lol: well that was...... different.

Tsubasa is a great series, but I think how much you like will depend on how much you liked Cardcaptor Sakura. I loved CCS, so the idea of a series using Adult versions of CCS' main characters as part of a massive crossover with characters and locations from a dozen other shows was very appealing to me.

Plus I love CLAMP in general so, yeah.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Ghost » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:59 pm

ya see I didn't like cardcaptor Sakura when it came out and for the most part I don't like the magic girl thing
my preference is towards comedic, slice of life or supernatural
Ghost

Postby michelanCello » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:01 pm

I was busy with movies the last couple of days :D
On Thursday we had an "Ancsa-day" (Ancsa's a friend of mine), so we watched some of her fav films, which were: Dangerous Minds, Three Steps Above Heaven and Just Go With It (I survived it all! :lol: )
Then yesterday we watched Ben-Hur with our chocolate-club, which turned out to be a comedy, who'd have expected (but then again, every movie we watch together goes with a lot lof laughter, so no surprise there :lol:). But what a long movie! Pff... Good one, though.
And for today, we had a Harry Potter marathon planned, but unfortunately my friend wasn't feeling very well, and we only got to the first 3 movies... to be continued on Thursday!

And now back to studying :P
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Ghost » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:58 pm

I'm taking a short break from the anime and have started re-watching American Horror Story Image
Ghost

Postby michelanCello » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:33 pm

That smiley is creepy :shock:
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Catch-up » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:07 pm

Watched Looper last night. It was good, not fantastic, different than what I expected. The weirdest thing was that they did a really successful job of making the actor who played the main character look not himself!
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Ghost » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:46 am

Bouncy Castle wrote:http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s116/being-human/news/a453227/being-human-series-five-to-premiere-in-february.html

Being Human series 5 premieres in February.

New cast line up
Ghost

Postby Catch-up » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:20 pm

Not crazy about the new cast.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
Catch-up

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:45 pm

I stopped watching after Mitchell died.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby BobtheDrog » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:52 pm

I took advantage of Netflix to watch the first 3 series of a show called 'The League' a semi improv comedy based around fantasy American football. I ended up really enjoying it there were a few moments where it was one of the funniest things I've ever seen but the comedy levels were always good
BobtheDrog

Postby Phoenix » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:23 am

Bouncy Castle wrote:I watched the first 4 episodes of The Glades last night.

Not feeling the love yet.

It's OK, but hasn't gripped me like I was after only 2 episodes of Grimm.

I'm quite fond of The Glades :) Season 2 has just started on Alibi and it is one I look forward to. I am a fan of Grimm as well and also love Haven, which just finished it's 3rd season on Syfy (it didn't make me cry, honest! ;) ) I'm a bit of a fan of American crime dramas, even more so when there's critters involved :D

I saw The Hobbit in the cinema in December, which qualifies as recent for me :P It was so beautiful! I loved it, but my Dad thought there was so much singing it might suddenly turn into a musical ;)

Has anyone been watching Primeval: New World? It's actually pretty good and has whatsisface from Eureka in it :)
Hah! I laugh in the face of danger... Then I hide until it goes away.

+++ Out of Spoons Error +++ Redo From Start +++
Phoenix

Postby Bouncy Castle » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:03 am

Ahh yes, the lovely Niall "Zane Donovan" Matter, and apparently Colin "Jack Carter" Ferguson guests in one episode.

Sadly, I don't have Sky/Virgin so can't get Alibi, which is a bummer coz it has some stonking programmes on it.

I love Haven too. I've got the S1 and S2 DVDs, and am itching to see S3, but presumably the releases on Region 2 will be yonks away.

The Glades grew on me towards the end.

Grimm rocks! Silas Weir Mitchell as Monroe is fabulous!
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby Catch-up » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:19 pm

Love Munroe from Grimm! There was a stretch in the first season where he was the only thing that kept me from losing interest.

FINALLY have my hands on S7 of Doctor Who! :D I'm about half way through now. I always loved Amy Pond and couldn't figure out why others disliked her so much - in S7 I'm starting to get it. She's bugging me. Still love Rory though.
Catch-up

Postby Bouncy Castle » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:44 pm

I miss Rory, but not Amy. I think half my annoyance was caused by both Karen and Matt rattling through their dialogue at high speed.

Many a time I've had to rewind to try and hear what they've said.

Bouncy Castle

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:52 pm

Virgin gave us a free month of Grimm and others but now it's back to normal. :( Buggerit I'm not paying for an upgrade subscription for a couple of good programs.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

PreviousNext

Return to TV, film, theatre