Share your dumbest moments

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Share your dumbest moments

Postby Catch-up » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:11 pm

That is a great story! :lol: I know I would have forgiven you if it ended in me getting scooped up by a good looking muscle man. :D
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:38 pm

I was sitting in the car the other day and looking into the rear view mirror to reverse out of the parking space at the supermarket and noticed a car behind me with a sign on it saying "URABUS". I'd never heard of such a make before and was wondering what the word meant when I remembered I was looking in a mirror at a SUBARU. :oops:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby chris.ph » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:45 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:58 pm

:lol: :lol: the heat must be getting to you Tony. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Del » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:35 pm

AuntyVague wrote:When I first started work in the community services I was working to support a group of people with intellectual disabilities living in a share house. That went along well until one of the young women returned from a holiday (having had a fall) with a broken leg in a full leg cast. She wasn't very steady on her feet, so she used a wheelchair to get around temporarily. I'd never assisted someone with using a wheelchair before, but hey, how hard could it be?

It was close to Christmas and the young woman wanted to do some Christmas shopping, so off we went to the local very big and very busy shopping centre. Everything was going along swimmingly until we went to go down to the next level of the centre. I pushed her on to the travelator which seemed to have a nice gentle slope and off we went. No, the wheelchair didn't have a seatbelt and yes, I did push her on facing downwards. She started to slide off very, very slowly. I was trapped behind the bloody wheelchair and I couldn't reach her to stop her sliding. Everyone coming up the travelator on the other side could see what was happening and were yelling 'helpful' instructions. By the time someone hit the emergency stop button she had, really quite gently and gracefully slid all the way out :oops: :oops: :oops:

Thank goodness she didn't get hurt ...in fact the day ended quite well for her, as a good looking muscle man from the gym downstairs came up the travelator and scooped her up and off to safety, which she thought was the best thing that had happened in weeks. I, on the other hand hung my head in shame. To this day I still blush when I think about it!

See this is one of those lessons in life you learn and never forget... but HOW many times are you going to get the opportunity to push a lady with a cast down a travelator again to APPLY what you have learnt??

should NOT laugh at a lady falling out of a wheelchair :lol: ..... should NOT laugh!!! :laughing-rolling:

Bad Aunty V! Bad bad Aunty V! :lol: :lol:
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby AuntyVague » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:45 am

Del wrote:
See this is one of those lessons in life you learn and never forget... but HOW many times are you going to get the opportunity to push a lady with a cast down a travelator again to APPLY what you have learnt??

should NOT laugh at a lady falling out of a wheelchair :lol: ..... should NOT laugh!!! :laughing-rolling:

Bad Aunty V! Bad bad Aunty V! :lol: :lol:

Well, I must admit I'd not really thought about it as a life lesson that I could apply direct learnings from before now.
Strangely enough though, in the last 20 odd years the opportunity to demonstrate my new found (possible) competence with the combination a person in a full leg cast, a wheelchair and travelator hasn't presented itself. But I'll be ready when the day comes :D
AuntyVague

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:08 pm

I ordered some DVDs yesterday, making sure that I could play Region 0 discs on my laptop before I bought them.

Got an email this morning, saying that they'd been despatched. Estimated delivery date - 20th FEBRUARY.

When I went onto Amazon, and clicked on the company/seller............. they're based in Wellington, New Zealand.

:roll: :doh:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Kin Arad » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:16 pm

Suprisingly, I can't actually think of anything I've done, there have been some pretty embarrassing times when writing essays, as I am such a bad prrof-reader I always leave in something so stupid, most recently, when comparing Wuthering Heights and Romeo and Juliet I wrote 'The love that Catherine has for Juliet' :doh: luckily it didn't affect my grade (somehow) :whistle:
“Wouldn’t that unplug your heating pad?”
Kin Arad

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:17 pm

Kin Arad wrote:Suprisingly, I can't actually think of anything I've done, there have been some pretty embarrassing times when writing essays, as I am such a bad prrof-reader I always leave in something so stupid, most recently, when comparing Wuthering Heights and Romeo and Juliet I wrote 'The love that Catherine has for Juliet' :doh: luckily it didn't affect my grade (somehow) :whistle:

:clap: :clap: :mrgreen:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby Kin Arad » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:18 pm

:roll: There you go - another one added to the list :oops:
“Wouldn’t that unplug your heating pad?”
Kin Arad

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:23 pm

;) :mrgreen:

Bouncy Castle

Postby raptornx01 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:33 am

All I have to say is thank god for Firefox's built in spell checker.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Ghost » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:37 am

raptornx01 wrote:All I have to say is thank god for Firefox's built in spell checker.

here here :D
Ooh you cheeky little sea winkle
Ghost

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:47 pm

Ghost wrote:
raptornx01 wrote:All I have to say is thank god for Firefox's built in spell checker.

here here :D

That should be - hear hear. ;)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Ghost » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:57 pm

Ooh you cheeky little sea winkle
Ghost

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum