Unseen Academicals

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:13 pm

Yay. It's just arrived from Amazon.

Know what I'll be doing tomorrow.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Catch-up » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:54 pm

You're not alone Lady V! :( I'm going to pester the bookstore some more today. 8) I'm still giggling over the parts I heard at the reading that Rob did at NADWcon. He did such a great job! The best parts were when he'd get laughing before he could actually read the funny bits. :lol:
Catch-up

Postby Tristan » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:08 pm

I went to the bookshop...

AND THERE IT WAS... SIX COPIES! I hurriedly bought one before someone else did. :lol: But I'll wait, firstly I have to read Nation - something I've wanted to do for over a year.

So, when does the next one come out? I shall wear midnight? And then? Raising Texas? Scouting for trolls? Maybe another one with Death? Or with the original witches?

:D
"...my father is the Emperor of Klatch and my mother is a small tray of raspberry puddings."
Tristan

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:18 pm

Not impatient are you? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:58 pm

I got a email saying they are on the way. Image
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Batty » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:34 pm

I received mine the day after the email, Dug. Image = Image
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:58 pm

They came this morning glad I was in to get them and not only but also Waterstones had my slip cased edition in as well,bouncing of the wall with glee and happiness.Image
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby The_Discworldaholic » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:29 pm

Brought my promotional copy yesterday, now all i have to do is sell my spare car so i can buy the slip cased edition, oh and the next new books due out in the next few days, but the way, anyone want to buy a 58 plate vauxhall tigra convertible? :)
The_Discworldaholic

Postby jwsalmon » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:14 am

Would like the slipcase edition, have reserved a copy in waterstones but for £40 pounds it seems expensive. Especially as I picked up the 1/275 Nation book for £50. Does anyone know why it's so expensive? Is there a low numbering or something? Otherwise i'll probably just order a normal hardback signed from paul kidby's website. Thanks in advance,

Joe
jwsalmon

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:52 am

Hi Joe welcome to the forum,yes the slipcase edition is a numbered and limited to 3000 copies and I got mine for £36 with a promotional code from Waterstones online but it is unsigned. :)
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Batty » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:40 pm

I've finished reading UA now, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I did wonder if Juliet was named after the Jules Rimet trophy? For anyone not into football, the first world cup trophy (1930) was named the Jules Rimet trophy after the president of FIFA.
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby chris.ph » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:48 pm

had my copy today yippeee :)
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:18 pm

Just started mine late last night, reading it in bed very funny so far, laugh out loud bits in it already. :D
Who's Wee Dug

Postby MattK » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:13 pm

Still waiting on mine... I emailed them about it and I was told it's released on October 10th. Is that the U.S. release date? And does it matter that I bought it from a UK store?
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life. [The Last Continent]
MattK

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:42 pm

I am not sure Matt, Borders said that they will have it on October 6th. As for order from the UK, I am clueless... or should I say even more clueless. Good Luck though. I am having to wait until I have the money to buy it. :oops: :cry: I hate being broke so much.
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

PreviousNext

Return to Latest books