How do you feel today? 4

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: How do you feel today? 4

Postby spideyGirl » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:00 am

Yeh I know Chilli! :D

TBH, all labours are tough no matter how much or how little pain relief you choose to take. Personally I took everything offered and I was still in agony and after 3 days ready but have a wonderful boy to show for it :D
spideyGirl

Postby Errata » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:26 am

Ghost wrote:it's cold I got to go to work it's gonna be a loonngg shift to cover the hours I've missed due to the deliveries not being made because of the snow and the place I have to work has no heating so unless I claim the portable heater before my manager I am going to be freezing all day. Image

Oh I know that feeling. We have no heating either, so on really cold days all we want to do is stand by the little electric fan heater - which some days doesn't really seem to put out much heat! :x so we are all rigged up in three layers of jumpers, or two with scarf, hat and fingerless gloves so we can still press buttons and do our job... :lol:

So I feel for you Ghost, keep warm, wrap cosy and keep moving. At least if you keep moving you'll look busy! :lol:
Trained Assassin - Beware! She'll hug you to death! :twisted:
Errata

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:05 pm

Errata wrote:
Ghost wrote:it's cold I got to go to work it's gonna be a loonngg shift to cover the hours I've missed due to the deliveries not being made because of the snow and the place I have to work has no heating so unless I claim the portable heater before my manager I am going to be freezing all day. Image

Oh I know that feeling. We have no heating either, so on really cold days all we want to do is stand by the little electric fan heater - which some days doesn't really seem to put out much heat! :x so we are all rigged up in three layers of jumpers, or two with scarf, hat and fingerless gloves so we can still press buttons and do our job... :lol:

So I feel for you Ghost, keep warm, wrap cosy and keep moving. At least if you keep moving you'll look busy! :lol:

Get them to buy another heater, miserable buggers. :shock:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Errata » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:18 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:
Errata wrote:

Get them to buy another heater, miserable buggers. :shock:

Well, we have two. But there is not much one can do to warm up a shop with a large, half a wall lenght, open fridge... And about five freezers and another fridge. Also the shop is a listed building with single glazed windows...

That and the owner is a tight wad and likes us to work in misery! :lol: ;)
Trained Assassin - Beware! She'll hug you to death! :twisted:
Errata

Postby cheery_j. » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:56 pm

Errata wrote:Well, we have two. But there is not much one can do to warm up a shop with a large, half a wall lenght, open fridge... And about five freezers and another fridge.

Well they could put in fridges with doors. It's less cold in the shop and more environmentally friendly. Maybe you can convince the owner if you tell him that customers will spend more time (and therefore more money) in the shop if they don't freeze. ;)
cheery_j.

Postby Ghost » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:49 pm

well I'm back home and warm the good news is that I claimed the heater for most of the day except for the last half hour when my direct manager used it to warm up the empty staff room grrr :twisted: not happy about that but there was nothing I could do about that
the other good news is all my hours that was owed was used as backdated holiday and because I didn't use up all my holidays the shop manager gave me a week off for my B'day :D
Ooh you cheeky little sea winkle
Ghost

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:51 pm

Good result Ghost. :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:57 pm

Remember to spend it on here! ;)
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:00 pm

Cause Boucy gets lonely. :techie-typing: :lol:
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Ghost » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:01 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:Remember to spend it on here! ;)
moi Image
Ooh you cheeky little sea winkle
Ghost

Postby michelanCello » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:18 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:MC SeeBee do da Pratchett Rap, innit? :lol:

:lol:
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby ChristianBecker » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:45 pm

michelanCello wrote:CB, if I survived the exam-period, you'll do aswell ;)

YOU'LL DO GREAT! You know everything, you'll sit there, and think you don't, but then you get the test sheet, and you go like ow, I know this... and this too...and..waitwait... I remember having read something about this...what was it again? Ow, right...! And so on ;)
Let us know how it went!

Thanks mC and all others.
It went sufficiently well (65%, passed), although I wasn't sure until I got the results. Some questions were difficult, some were not and some are actually problematic in so far as they were not really answerable. The questions all were along the lines "What is characteristic for [plant family, order, etc.]?" followed by 5 characteristics. Each question had 5 possible answers, like 1 and 2 are correct, only 1 is correct, all are correct etc (you've probably done similar tests). For one question, it wasn't possible to answer correctly since all possible answers required you to accept that is correct that ferns have a thallus, but they are really vascular plants.
Another question was which plants had nutlike fruits. All possible answers were sets of two, whereas three of the plants listed grow nuts (OK, one was the walnut, which until recently hadn't been considered a nut but is now).
This caused some confusion amongst us, which is not ideal for doing an exam, because there could be mistakes in every question, so what to answer? This is especially a problem with this professor, who tends to change, leave out or add one little word in the possible answers. For example in a question on the heather plants, one possible answer is "They're typically herbs or subshrubs." Books say that they are mostly subshrubs, so "They're typically herbs or subshrubs" would be wrong.
Ah, well, it's over now. I'll have to do something like it again for my first state examination later this year. Funnily enough it'll be a lot easier (I have a CD-ROM with old exams and usually I score >90% there, so I won't worry about passing then.).
On with their heads! I'm the clown prince of fools
if you don't get the joke it's your loss
Love and laughter you see are the new currency
'cause greed's coinage is not worth a toss

Exile yourself to the unforgiving continent of Wraeclast!
ChristianBecker

Postby Catch-up » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:52 pm

Glad you passed, but really sorry the professor made it intentionally confusing. What do people hope to gain when they do things like that?
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby ChristianBecker » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:06 pm

Dunno.
I don't think he made it confusing intentionally. That might've been carelessness. He's trying to make it intentionally hard, though. Why? I cannot say.
On with their heads! I'm the clown prince of fools
if you don't get the joke it's your loss
Love and laughter you see are the new currency
'cause greed's coinage is not worth a toss

Exile yourself to the unforgiving continent of Wraeclast!
ChristianBecker

Postby Catch-up » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:18 pm

That's a shame. All you should need to do is show whether you know and understand the information.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum