Two facts

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Two facts

Postby Caiaphas » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:11 am

1. I'm 3/4 of the way through reading the illustrated "Wee Free Men" to my 9 year old daughter (with, of course, all the voices). We have to stop every now and then so she doesn't giggle herself to death. She tells me that she loves the book.

2. I typed "How is Terry Pratchett doing ?" into Google. The autocomplete thingy says 2,849,999 other people have also done that.
Caiaphas
New member
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:07 am

Postby chris.ph » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:48 am

welcome to the site caiaphas :)
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
User avatar
chris.ph
Member
 
Posts: 8584
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:52 am
Location: swansea south wales

Postby Jason » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:56 am

Welcome. Glad your daughter is loving The Carpet People.
TCOM-12 - Ludeum in tympanus
Editor Discworld Monthly
User avatar
Jason
Moderator
 
Posts: 1243
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:12 pm
Location: Reading - England

Postby bikkit » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:07 am

Carpet People? I thought it said wee free men?
Image

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
User avatar
bikkit
Member
 
Posts: 1815
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 8:20 am
Location: Out of my mind- It's too dark and scary in there

Postby Jason » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:04 am

Doh, sorry, I think it was because the Illustrated Carpet people is due out that I mixed the two up.

I'll rephrase to: I am glad your Daughter is enjoying the Illustrated Wee Free Men.
TCOM-12 - Ludeum in tympanus
Editor Discworld Monthly
User avatar
Jason
Moderator
 
Posts: 1243
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:12 pm
Location: Reading - England

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:38 am

WElcome Caiaphas :D
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
User avatar
Sjoerd3000
Member
 
Posts: 8797
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:23 pm
Location: Groningen, The Netherlands

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:05 pm

Welcome to the site caiaphas you giving your Daughter a lot of pleasure in the years to come.Image
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
User avatar
Who's Wee Dug
Member
 
Posts: 14513
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:31 pm
Location: Stirlingshire, Scotland

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:55 pm

You're never too young for Pratchett (or too old either) - Welcome! :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
User avatar
Tonyblack
Moderator
 
Posts: 28669
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:29 pm
Location: Cardiff, Wales

Re: Two facts

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:44 pm

Caiaphas wrote:1. I'm 3/4 of the way through reading the illustrated "Wee Free Men" to my 9 year old daughter (with, of course, all the voices). We have to stop every now and then so she doesn't giggle herself to death. She tells me that she loves the book.

2. I typed "How is Terry Pratchett doing ?" into Google. The autocomplete thingy says 2,849,999 other people have also done that.


Great to hear a parent instilling the LOVE OF BOOKS...

I am not suprised about the number, he is terribly popular, even if some straight, super-starched reporters don't like him because he intimidates their sense of manliness.. LOL that is in reference to a certain London Telegraph reporter who is ... PANTS. and WELCOME!!!!!!!!
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
User avatar
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit
Member
 
Posts: 3885
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 7:25 pm
Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Re: Two facts

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:48 pm

Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit wrote:
Caiaphas wrote:1. I'm 3/4 of the way through reading the illustrated "Wee Free Men" to my 9 year old daughter (with, of course, all the voices). We have to stop every now and then so she doesn't giggle herself to death. She tells me that she loves the book.

2. I typed "How is Terry Pratchett doing ?" into Google. The autocomplete thingy says 2,849,999 other people have also done that.


Great to hear a parent instilling the LOVE OF BOOKS...

I am not suprised about the number, he is terribly popular, even if some straight, super-starched reporters don't like him because he intimidates their sense of manliness.. LOL that is in reference to a certain London Telegraph reporter who is ... PANTS. and WELCOME!!!!!!!!
And the crooked tory MP who went to one of Terry's signings to see "quote the upstart whom knocked him of the no 1 best seller listing unquote"what a tosser Image :twisted:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
User avatar
Who's Wee Dug
Member
 
Posts: 14513
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:31 pm
Location: Stirlingshire, Scotland

Re: Two facts

Postby Lady Vetinari » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:55 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit wrote:
Caiaphas wrote:1. I'm 3/4 of the way through reading the illustrated "Wee Free Men" to my 9 year old daughter (with, of course, all the voices). We have to stop every now and then so she doesn't giggle herself to death. She tells me that she loves the book.

2. I typed "How is Terry Pratchett doing ?" into Google. The autocomplete thingy says 2,849,999 other people have also done that.


Great to hear a parent instilling the LOVE OF BOOKS...

I am not suprised about the number, he is terribly popular, even if some straight, super-starched reporters don't like him because he intimidates their sense of manliness.. LOL that is in reference to a certain London Telegraph reporter who is ... PANTS. and WELCOME!!!!!!!!
And the crooked tory MP who went to one of Terry's signings to see "quote the upstart whom knocked him of the no 1 best seller listing unquote"what a tosser Image :twisted:


Aww was the poor ickle upper class twit of the year jeawous of someone cweverer than him? Does poor ickle upperclass twit of the year want his teddy bear too an a ... an a ... Bikkit!

:shock: Who did that MP think he is - Bestseller lists show WHAT THE PEOPLE WANT! PEOPLE WANT PRATCHETT! GET OVER IT! :twisted:
Who Watches The WatchMan?

Image
User avatar
Lady Vetinari
Member
 
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:17 pm
Location: Sator Square Patricians Palace Ankh Morpork

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:00 pm

The jailbird probably had plenty of time inside to think it over.Image
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
User avatar
Who's Wee Dug
Member
 
Posts: 14513
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:31 pm
Location: Stirlingshire, Scotland


Return to The Broken Drum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: wicked woman, Yahoo [Bot] and 10 guests