What Are You Doing Tomorrow? 3

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: What Are You Doing Tomorrow? 3

Postby Del » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:56 pm

Before Christmas I pulled into a drive-through coffee shop just up the road from me. Its great. If you are rushing to get on the freeway to get to a job you dont have to find a park in the carpark, run into a mall, wait in line, run back to the incredibly hot car, wait for it to cool down to get in and get back on the road.. just drive up and get a great coffee. Even better if you have kids in the car. They cant drag you into other shops. AND they sell frappes.... iced drinks.

Anyway.... Jess the manager, a really bubbly girl, knows my girls and that she should give me a free cookie if H is in the car but not if she isnt, etc. She asked if M the teen wanted a job.... BRILLIANT hey?... school holidays and all.... if she didnt get up there in a day then she would have to advertise the job. M proudly said she "didnt want to work with food in any shape or from" :roll: so after she realised that the alternative was surf shops or "young hip" shops where they work you to the bone for peanuts and no jobs as most teens had arranged their jobs well before school finished, she has down graded her asperations for a part time job.

Seriously.... how often does someone lean in your car and offer you a job?

Anyyyyyway... I havent been up for ages.... and I went Saturday on my way to the freeway for a job... and she offered again!!! Jess is starting her own business (a mobile coffee van... she will do brilliantly... and I offered to give her a few areas where a great coffee is hard to come by).

How often does someone lean in your car and offer a job TWICE!!!!!!

So M went up today and saw her and she has a trial tomorrow for an hour. :D NOW she has come down very ill with a kidney infection and is so sick. :( Bugger.

She is on meds and I am beating my head against the wall trying to get her to drink more water... more water....

She dehydrated last week in the heat and passed out in a dead faint (at my other daughters house thank goodness).

I am a bit ANNOYED... that she KNOWS she has to stay hydrated!!!! She has had dehydration TWICE before this and knows!

ARGH!

Anyway she is determined to do the trial... I just cant get it through to her how bad this can get if she doesnt drink MORE WATER.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Batty » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:42 pm

Find a photo on-line of an old VERY wrinkly woman, and tell M that if you dehydrate, your skin will become dried-out, wrinkly and leathery.

If M doesn't appreciate hydrating yourself for health reasons, she could appreciate it for beauty ones! :think:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Del » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:54 pm

You dont think the searing pain, the fever and dizziness might influence her? No?

I tried telling her that as bad as it is now... that it will get worse if she doesnt drink more water... she is accusing me of being melodramatic!!!!!! Huh! :lol: :violin: She is accusing me of being unsympathetic... I will be sympathetic when I stop beating my head against the wall. I have taken her glasses of cool water and I am accused of pressuring her! I reminded her half a dozen times to make sure she took the tablet in the middle of her dinner.... an hour later she went "Oops!" and then... "WHY didnt you REMIND ME!" ARGH!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: ARGH!
Del

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:55 pm

Teenagers. Gotta love 'em!
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Del » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:03 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yep. Oh and NEVER burst into laughter when it all seems way too insane NOT to laugh.
Del

Postby ShadowNinjaCat » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:23 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:Teenagers. Gotta love 'em!
It's the only thing to keep you from strangling them. :lol:
“We are all in the gutter,but some of us are looking at the stars.”- Oscar Wilde
ShadowNinjaCat

Postby wicked woman » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:46 pm

:clap:
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Del » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:19 am

Wrong thread I know.. but since I started this here...

M has just got back from the job trial... supposed to be there an hour and came home after half an hour. Sodden! She managed to be in the only good cloud burst of falling water we have had in months... Stood at the front door totally drenched.

Hi Mum.
Hi sweetie.. you weren't there for long.. everything okay?
Yeah. She told me to go home after half an hour.She said it was hopeless to try and teach me anything.
Right.... are you okay hun?
Yep.. I need the day to think things through.
Well if you need to talk to me...yanno...you can.
Oh I'm going to take it... the wages are pretty good. I just need to confirm my class times for school with her and my availability.
WHAT? You got the job?
Yes Mum. She had decided after half an hour. I told you. Proper training will begin whenever I want to start. She didn't want to teach me anything until I am on wages and being paid for it. I told you that.

So yeah... becoming a barista is great training for any employment gaps or part-time jobs in future too. Yay.

And she brought me a coffee home! Score!
Del

Postby michelanCello » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:24 am

:lol: Yay! Great news! :clap: Also good that she's feeling better!
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Del » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:31 am

She's not mC. . She has gone to bed. Still in a lot of pain and a fever.
Del

Postby Sister Jennifer » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:32 am

Score alright. Well done M.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby Penfold » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:16 am

I hope this is an indication that this year will be an improvement on the last year, Del. Well done M! :dance: :D (and get well soon)
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby The Mad Collector » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:08 am

Great news for M :D
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Dotsie » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:37 am

Great news, hope she feels better soon :)
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby wicked woman » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:28 pm

What they said.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum