What made you smile today? 6

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: What made you smile today? 6

Postby wicked woman » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:53 am

michelanCello wrote:
meerkat wrote:Buying sweeties and watching a blog (number 3) of the Hobbit. Ah, a daily ration of Richard Armitage as Thorin Oakenshield!
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Agree :D Did you know he plays the cello, too? ;)

8-)
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:45 am

Brightened up my Monday morning with a grin. :mrgreen:

He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:55 am

Tim decided to tie the knot with his long time girlfriend.

One evening, after the honeymoon, he was organizing his golfing equipment. His wife was standing nearby watching him.

After a long period of silence she finally speaks. "Honey, I've been thinking, now that we're married maybe it's time you quit golfing. You spend so much time on the course. You could probably get a good price for your clubs."

Tim gets this horrified look on his face.

She says, "Darling, what's wrong?"

"For a minute there you were sounding like my ex-wife."

"Ex-wife!" she screams, "I didn't know you were married before!"

"I wasn't," he replied.

:lol: :lol:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Del » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:43 pm

wicked woman wrote:
jaznbonnie wrote:The 49rs won and will be in the Superbowl again! :D

No idea what that means but it's obviously great news. :D

Yayyyyy!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Its not many athletes that compete after their 30's.... and certainly havent heard of people at 49 being in competetive sports. Well done 49's !! So when are the finals for the Lawn Bowls Championships Bonnie? Do let us know how your team does.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:09 pm

What's so special about a soup bowl?
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Toothy » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:37 pm

Given the recent UK weather, it amused me to think that the panto we put on last weekend was Snow White and the stand in vicar the local church had on Sunday had the surname Snowball. You couldn't make it up, could you?
If all is not lost, then where is it?
Toothy

Postby wicked woman » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:58 pm

:lol:
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Del » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:11 pm

:lol: :lol:
Del

Postby Del » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:54 pm

I went to visit with a girlfriend today. It was great. Things have been a bit tough for both of us lately and she has been driving her dad all over the city for two weeks with medical stuff and this was a good chance to sit on the deck and have a cuppa, relax and a giggle. I think it helped that some falling water from the sky happened.. not much but it was wonderful.

So I got into my car to head off and the radio was on already.... and this came on...

When I was 16 I went on hols to my sisters place way up north and ended up getting a job there instead of going to college. I spent 10 years in mining, lots of money and travel, and sailing the barrier reef, and it was brilliant. While I was up there my sister had two boys... Nathan and Michael. I lived a few houses from them and I was their beloved Aunty and saw them everyday for their first 7 years of life, when they moved to another town a few hundred miles away and I would still go to visit every month or meet up with them in a coastal town other times. We would all travel down and back to our parents home 3 or 4 times a year, about 1000 klms and as I was the little sister to most all of my sisters and brothers I would catch up with the many many other nieces and nephews with the boys and do stuff "Aunties do". We went on long beach holidays together with some of my other single brothers joining us and the boys, camping, sailing, etc.

When Nathan was 7 he was due to play his first ever cricket match and I promised I would be there. I had decided to use the "pipeline" road to get to their town, shorter than the sealed road but more interesting and while shorter in length it was all dust and ruts and took longer. When I didnt turn up that weekend it because of HIM that they finally sent out a huge search party to find me (because Aunty Del WOULD come to my game!) I had got out of my car to open a cattle gate and my car had broken down and I was stuck there for a few days in the bush.

So... this time.. I had just brought a gorgeous English Racing Green sportscar with an electric sliding sunroof, and an electric powered radio aerial (wow! when you are 7!) AND it had one of the meanest 10 speaker sound systems in it EVER! We went camping further north in a National Park rainforest and after we had set up the camp we realised we needed some bits from the store in the nearest town... so I offered to take the boys and let mum and dad have some quiet time. ;) We knew we were the only people camping down this dirt road so there would be no traffic.... so I let the boys take off their seatbelts :o little Michael (about 4) was allowed to push the button and make the aerial go up and down and up and down all he wanted, and I let Nat stand up on the seat and stick his body out of the sunroof in the wind while I played THAT SONG FULL BLAST while he and I sang it at the top of our lungs!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: (I was driving VERY carefully!)

I told him he must not tell mum and dad that I let him do it (I had already told them what I was going to do and they were fine with it)... he was SO SO SO excited when we got back to camp and busting to tell them but he couldnt :lol: :lol: :lol: We eventually put him out of his misery. :lol:

About a year after that I met my husband and I moved away to Brisbane. When I moved to Brisbane they would come holiday at my house a few times a year. When they first came we were living on 150 acres of bush with a creek so my husband Ian (NOT the exarse) and I took the boys out in the old car "bush bashing" (riding roughshod through scrub and paddocks) to the creek and fishing. My oldest daughter knew them for a few short years and they adored her.

Nathan was killed in a car accident when he was 16. Nothing major.. he just bumped his head, he was a bit sore and went to bed.. and died. Oh I still miss him.

But it was SO wonderful having that song full blast on my way home this afternoon and singing at the top of my lungs and remembering that drive down the dirt track with him hanging out the top of my car with his arms up in the air, singing at the top of HIS lungs and grinning like a loon. :D and the aerial going up and down and up and down and up and down...
Del

Postby jaznbonnie » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:36 pm

Del wrote:
wicked woman wrote:
jaznbonnie wrote:The 49rs won and will be in the Superbowl again! :D

No idea what that means but it's obviously great news. :D

Yayyyyy!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Its not many athletes that compete after their 30's.... and certainly havent heard of people at 49 being in competetive sports. Well done 49's !! So when are the finals for the Lawn Bowls Championships Bonnie? Do let us know how your team does.

Coffee almost shot out my nose while reading this, Del. :lol: The 49rs are San Francisco's football team. (Not to be confused with your football which we call soccer.) Yesterday were the final playoffs to see who would be going to The Superbowl. :happy-cheerleadersmileyguy:
Be careful what you wish for as you just might get it.
jaznbonnie

Postby Del » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:23 pm

Jaznbonnie wrote:(Not to be confused with your football which we call soccer.)

We call their football soccer.... we call our football Rugby League :D

Down the bottom part of Australia they call it AFL or Aussie Rules.... totally different game.

Oh! OH! OH! OMG!

In the rush to Christmas I totally forgot to tell you!!!!!

Remember that huge store complex opening I did before Christmas??? The all day event? Best EVER!

Well THE star attraction was WALLY LEWIS !! I got to work with him for three hours during the promotion ! OMG YAY!

Think David Beckham of the Rugby League world :D :D :D but better... he's not so pouncy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wally_Lewis

Del

Postby Toothy » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:45 pm

Ooh! Is that you, Del? Lovely pic! :D
If all is not lost, then where is it?
Toothy

Postby Penfold » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:47 pm

Wow, nice one Del! :D
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby jaznbonnie » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:58 pm

Great photo Del! :D
Be careful what you wish for as you just might get it.
jaznbonnie

Postby Sister Jennifer » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:01 am

You the business Del. Good pic.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum