What do you love MOST about the forum?

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: What do you love MOST about the forum?

Postby ShadowNinjaCat » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:52 am

As everyone else has said,it's the members. :D
“We are all in the gutter,but some of us are looking at the stars.”- Oscar Wilde
ShadowNinjaCat

Postby geekgoddess » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:15 pm

What makes this the happy place it is, is the all the good kind of craziness that makes you look around at the other nutters and realize, "Aha! So it's NOT just me!". :D

Then there is a mighty cosmic "Flooooooop" as a board-sized void in your life that you never knew you had gets filled.
geekgoddess

Postby Antiq » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:01 pm

You.

See what I did there? 8-)
Carpe Jugulum
Antiq

Postby Bickaxe » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:00 am

What do I love most about the forum?

Me of course :D

You guys are tolerable because you amuse me.
Fiendish til the en-
:twisted:
Bickaxe

Postby Del » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:15 pm

I remember the first day I logged on here... I got Tony's welcome and thought it was an automatic thing... (him being the King and all)... then I got all the other hellos... I was bowled over. It actually took me some time to "look around" and figure things out (and havent you all had a lovely time teaching me all that! :lol: :lol: :lol: ) I wouldnt have seen a pm waiting for me it had been blinking in red and purple and singing Dixie.

As for the threads "going off topic" that is EXACTLY what is needed at the most dire of times... I cant imagine the "Frustration thread" staying on topic.... when someone is feeling down and like the world is folding in on itself for them the best thing that can happen (apart from all the hugs and we understand and are here for you bits) the best thing that can happen is for someone to bring up the "shaved bum episode"... no names...*coughCHRIScough*... to make you realise you have it better. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The smilies. I like those too.

Youtube... I would never have seen most of those things unless you lot showed me.

Dear gods save me!!!!!!! I even post cat memes on my Facebook now... people worry for me. :lol:

So many other "noticeboard" type forums are very static too. I had been previously on chatrooms with overseas people and thought I would find this way too slow. Yes I CAN hold ten conversations at once... (what? I am a child of 12).. but it meant that I could only talk to people on the other side of the world in the wee hours or the insomniacs... or if my sleep cycles were out I would meet people I liked then not chat to them for ages when I was working..... so yeah I was a bit worried about this kind of forum.... but you lot post by the multitude... if I miss a week I am at a loss to catch up. :D

AND it means I can catch up with ALL of you and know what the rest of you are talking about.

Having said that... seems so quiet sometimes when you lot are sleeping... :( feel so lonely :( but its always a delight to find someone else online at the same time and get into a one on one banter... :D

OR.... ARGH.... JUST as I am about to log off to get a few hours before dawn the whole damn LOT OF YOU come online and keep me up til the sun in blazing in the windows and I get NO damned sleep! :twisted:
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Batty » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:35 pm

Del wrote:OR.... ARGH.... JUST as I am about to log off to get a few hours before dawn the whole damn LOT OF YOU come online and keep me up til the sun in blazing in the windows and I get NO damned sleep! :twisted: :twisted:

You seem to make more sense after your brain is frazzled through lack of sleep, so it's in our interest to keep you awake for hours on end!

Besides ... When your brain isn't in gear, you tell us embarrassing things about you, that most people would never divulge! :lol:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Del » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:44 pm

SEE!!!!!!!

Hi Batty!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

The birds are just starting to scream the place down here... :roll: and I was thinking I should go to bed!

Besides ... When your brain isn't in gear, you tell us embarrassing things about you, that most people would never divulge!

Hmmmm..... :evil: So that was your evil plan!....

Nah... I foam at the mouth to complete strangers all the time.... embarrasess the hell out of my kids! :lol: :lol:

Actually.... when all is said and done... you lot most probably DO know more about me than most of my family :lol: well... the judgemental ones of them that is.

One of my friends I have known for GOSH! is it nearly 30 years already??? :o .. likes to say to people.. "We HAVE to stay friends... we have too much on each other that has to be taken to the grave! Its going to be a huge weight on one of our shoulders the day we tuck the other one into the dirt!" :lol:
Del

Postby Batty » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:03 pm

:lol:
And don't worry about your secrets, Del. They are safe with us! ...
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Conforumist » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:25 am

Hey everyone!

Thanks for liking me most about the forum!!! :lol: .... hey, i saw that! :shifty:
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby Sister Jennifer » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:14 am

^ You crack me up. :D .

What I like most is, of course, you all.

The only other forum I've been on was the Harper Collins forum, so I don't have a lot of experience in these things. Saying that though you are some of the most interesting, gut-bustingly funny, loquacious, talented & honest people I have had the pleasure to talk to.

And that is what I like most about this forum, thank you.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby Del » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:39 am

Thank you Jennifer. You may take your seat... and don't let me see you wearing nail polish to class again.

Next!
Del

Postby Sister Jennifer » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:31 pm

Yes Miss, Thank you Miss. Miss! Miss! IbroughtanappleforyouMiss :oops: .
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby Del » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:49 pm

CORE... it's an apple CORE Jennifer. Very funny! No! Don't giggle... I dont happen to think it's funny at all... CLASS!. .. Fine. You can all stay after the bell and write thank you notes to Jennifer stating why you are so happy to be kept in.

Not laughing NOW are we little miss smartypants.
Del

Postby Sister Jennifer » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:56 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ... No.

Thank you notes? I'll enjoy the read.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:37 pm

...nk you.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum