You could always post a message to her on her website. :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Re: What Are You Reading 2

Postby Dotsie » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:28 pm

Catch-up wrote:
raisindot wrote:
Catch-up wrote:Janet Evanovich, Notorious Nineteen. :lol:

Ooooh, I gotta get reserve that one at the library. Much as I like her books, I never buy any of them--they're far too disposable to warrant a permanent place on my bookshelf.

I agree. My mom buys them and I borrow them from her. Otherwise, I'd go the library route as well. I've always wanted to send Janet Evanovich a card that just says, "Thank you for Lula!"

"I ain't fat, I'm big boned" :D
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby raisindot » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:45 pm

Tonyblack wrote:I'm reading a book by an American author named Alan Furst on Sharlene's recommendation. Very good so far. :)

So, do you agree with Furst's opinions on Sharlene's recommendations? :D
raisindot

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:22 pm

Absolutely . . . I think. :think:
Tonyblack

Postby Catch-up » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:43 am

Dotsie wrote:"I ain't fat, I'm big boned" :D

She looked down at the empty cake plate. “What happened to the cake?”
“You ate it.”
“Hunh,” Lula said. “I didn’t notice.”
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Dotsie » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:15 am

:lol:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:36 pm

It wasn't exactly that Lula was fat. It was more that she was too short for her weight.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:56 pm

majomull wrote:Thanks to the gift cards and re-issues I am working my way through all 8 of the The Dread Empire series by Glen Cook. I've been waiting for about 20 years to get all the books together in one place. Wooot!

I'm a fan of Glen Cook's Garrett P.I. series reading Angry Lead Skies at the moment I thought I had that one as I have all the rest and he has a new one out this year. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Cheery » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:59 pm

Reading "An Abundance Of Katherines" by John Green. :) And taking ages to do so -_-
Cheery

Postby Quatermass » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:48 am

Read the first volume of 20th Century Boys by Naoki Urasawa. Not bad, rather like Stephen King's It with much less horror and a bizarre cult.
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby StephanieHill » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:23 am

I'm reading Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre on my kindle. Jane is such a wuss and Rochester is a deceitful, manipulative whingeing troll. And ugly. I'm really enjoying it. Prior to that, I read The Long Earth but although I struggled to put it down, the lack of an ending drove me mad. I've read some forum contributions that make me think that I must have missed the point somehow, and I feel a bit daft for expecting a sci-fi book to be stand-alone. Next Pratchett project is re-reading of Interesting Times, though Jasper Fforde may take priority. Anybody tried him? Thought The Eyre Affair might be a good place to start.
StephanieHill

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:36 am

The Eyre Affair is a very good place to start. :) I've read most of his books and love them. :)
Tonyblack

Postby Bouncy Castle » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:08 pm

Just started Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum No. 18.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby raisindot » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:56 pm

StephanieHill wrote:Next Pratchett project is re-reading of Interesting Times, though Jasper Fforde may take priority. Anybody tried him? Thought The Eyre Affair might be a good place to start.

Personally, I think Fforde is trying to outdo Adams and Pratchett at their own games, and lacks the originality and talent of either. It worked pretty well in The Eyre Affair (although this was little more than a novel-length variation of Woody Allen's classic short story, The Kugelmass Episode(,, but the series goes downhill with each succeeding novel. The last one was barely readable.
raisindot

Postby chris.ph » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:48 pm

im on the third dresden files book, all of them so far have been really good reads, cheers wwd :D
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Discworld books