What is your Profession?!

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: What is your Profession?!

Postby SamHain » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:06 am

AuntyVague wrote:
BobtheDrog wrote:I'm a Library assistant, so basically I spend my days handing my boss bananas. Hoping to do a masters and become a librarian and keep the bananas for myself

Same here, but I've transferred from a Diploma to do the Masters this year so the bananas will all be miiiiiiinnnne in a couple of years* ...

I imagine they'd not be worth eating by that point. I think bananas go bad after only a few days left out, weeks if cooled, and months at best frozen. I mean, they'd be more a black, primordial ooze by that time, I'd expect.
There is Light, and there is Dark, but who defines what they mean?
The World goes on by Day and Night, yet Truth remains unseen.
SamHain

Location: I am the one hiding under you bed, teeth ground sharp and eyes glowing red...

Postby raptornx01 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:12 am

You been lookin' in my fridge?

I really should throw those out.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby AuntyVague » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:07 am

SamHain wrote:
AuntyVague wrote:
BobtheDrog wrote:I'm a Library assistant, so basically I spend my days handing my boss bananas. Hoping to do a masters and become a librarian and keep the bananas for myself

Same here, but I've transferred from a Diploma to do the Masters this year so the bananas will all be miiiiiiinnnne in a couple of years* ...

I imagine they'd not be worth eating by that point. I think bananas go bad after only a few days left out, weeks if cooled, and months at best frozen. I mean, they'd be more a black, primordial ooze by that time, I'd expect.

Ah yes, but they would be my black, primordial ooze. I would know its bananaish origin and I would be happy.
AuntyVague

Postby raptornx01 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:50 am

"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Margi » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:43 pm

Horsewoman. Handler, sorter outer of stroppy wotsits, teacher (especially of beginners), and still an apprentice after forty years. With horses as your Master you never stop learning.

I'm going to do all the Monty Roberts training courses and work my way to becoming a Monty Roberts Recommended Associate. That means people will be willing to part with money when they ask me to help them. :D
Margi

Postby BobtheDrog » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:13 pm

AuntyVague wrote:
Ah yes, but they would be my black, primordial ooze. I would know its bananaish origin and I would be happy.

Exactly

I'm in a University Library stacks department so i have a complete lack of contact with people, hopefully something will come up and I'll be able to move to the regular library but that's a while off yet.
BobtheDrog

Postby Del » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:46 pm

Margi wrote:Horsewoman. Handler, sorter outer of stroppy wotsits, teacher (especially of beginners), and still an apprentice after forty years. With horses as your Master you never stop learning.

I'm going to do all the Monty Roberts training courses and work my way to becoming a Monty Roberts Recommended Associate. That means people will be willing to part with money when they ask me to help them. :D

WELCOME TO THE FORUM MARGI

Go here.... viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5538&start=195

We would love to welcome you properly.

Stroppy wotsists?..... I thought you meant a teacher of TEENS... :lol: I would rather have a horse than a teen for a few years... you can put the horse in a stable and close the door!
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Dotsie » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:33 pm

She was there already del, you missed it! :lol:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Del » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:44 pm

Oh DOH! :doh:

I really should pop in more often..... truth be told I most probably said hello to her way back.... meh. :lol:
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Conforumist » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:25 am

Isn't this the same as the "What do you do" thread? :?
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby Catch-up » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:36 am

Margi wrote:Horsewoman. Handler, sorter outer of stroppy wotsits, teacher (especially of beginners), and still an apprentice after forty years. With horses as your Master you never stop learning.

I have never been so humbled as when our daughter started taking riding lessons. I thought I would know how to handle horses and they made sure to prove me wrong. :lol: Four years into it and they're still proving me wrong. :roll:
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Dotsie » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:02 pm

Conforumist wrote:Isn't this the same as the "What do you do" thread? :?

THIS! IS! DIFFERENT! :D
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Batty » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:21 pm

Dotsie wrote:

Of course it is! In reply to 'what is your profession'?, my response is:
Batty wrote:I'm a mad non-scientist, intent on removing all Reason and Logic from the World!! Image

However, in reply to 'What do you do?', my reply would be:
Laugh at myself, tease others at every opportunity, as well as confuse, amuse & inadvertently irritate people!! :whistle:

See? TOTALLY different! :lol:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Conforumist » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:39 am

Batty wrote:
Dotsie wrote:

Of course it is! In reply to 'what is your profession'?, my response is:
Batty wrote:I'm a mad non-scientist, intent on removing all Reason and Logic from the World!! Image

However, in reply to 'What do you do?', my reply would be:
Laugh at myself, tease others at every opportunity, as well as confuse, amuse & inadvertently irritate people!! :whistle:

See? TOTALLY different! :lol:

Yeah, but I've come to expect that from you! ;)
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby SamHain » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:17 am

Words mean things. I do lots of things; like convert oxygen into carbon dioxide. This is a thread specifically asking what you do... and then get paid for doing. Plus, the purpose of this thread is to get as many people as possible to profess their non-Spartic professions so that I can feel justified in kicking them in the chest into a pit of death.
There is Light, and there is Dark, but who defines what they mean?
The World goes on by Day and Night, yet Truth remains unseen.
SamHain

Location: I am the one hiding under you bed, teeth ground sharp and eyes glowing red...

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum