Piers Morgan VS Alex Jones: Scary Stuff...

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Piers Morgan VS Alex Jones: Scary Stuff...

Postby Quatermass » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:19 pm

http://bigpondnews.com/articles/Entertainment/2012/12/26/Piers_unrepentant_in_face_of_petition_830049.html

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/01/white-house-responds-to-piers-morgan-petition/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2259303/Piers-Morgan-Alex-Jones-says-CNN-looked-like-Hitlers-bunker.html

Now, I happened to watch most of the so-called 'debate' between Piers Morgan and Alex Jones. Actually, it wasn't a debate so much as a one-sided rant from the mouth of an utter lunatic. Seriously, Alex Jones has HIS own radio show? The guy wouldn't know an intellectual debate if it bit him on the arse. Seriously, the amount of times that Godwin's Law got invoked was laughable, or it should have been in that farce. A farce should be funny, but that didn't make me laugh even once.

Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom to talk sh**. Or freedom from responsibility. Or freedom from having to use your brain or sense.

Oh, and I just discovered that I have seen Alex Jones before. And in retrospect, I think this is highly amusing...

:twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I've lived for over 2000 years, and not all of them were good ones. I've made many mistakes. And it's about time I did something about that.

-The Twelfth Doctor, Doctor Who: Deep Breath
Quatermass

Re: Piers Morgan VS Alex Jones: Scary Stuff...

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:42 pm

Sadly he has a few followers in the NRA, on a tour just before one of the Worldcons there was this arsehole in one of the two coaches we were traveling in, who was just the same as Jones loud, opinionated and thick as shit in the neck of a bottle but quite a bit older than Jones he and his party four of them were all members was not difficult to tell as he had NFA patches all over his jacket, so glad he was not in our coach in fact one of the G.O.H. at the Con changed to our coach as he had enough of them and he was an American, I did see the show Piers has quite a few interesting people on.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Del » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:35 pm

I am not going to watch that Q. I have seen enough of the idiot to last a lifetime.

My father used to say: "Never argue with a fool"

My best friend had a mug that put it more eloquently... "Never teach a pig to sing... it wastes your time and annoys the pig"

I was worried at first after the school massacre that the NRA would come up with a limp wristed proposal that would "satisfy" the gun lovers of America to the point where it was acceptable......

But since they have dug their heels in so hard, so very hard, where they will NOT accept ANY reforms at all I hold hope that even some of them will realise how unacceptable and counterproductive that is. As anyone will tell you.. if you arent willing to make any compromise then you may have to accept the terms of the other party completely. Now they really DO come off sounding like a rabble of ratbags. So thats good in some sense. Fingers crossed.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Quatermass » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:11 pm

Del wrote:I am not going to watch that Q. I have seen enough of the idiot to last a lifetime.

But it's funny and immensely satisfying if you detest the man. Nothing says 'STFU & GTFO!' like a cattle prod to the stomach and being bundled off in a black police van. :twisted:

Del wrote:My father used to say: "Never argue with a fool"

My best friend had a mug that put it more eloquently... "Never teach a pig to sing... it wastes your time and annoys the pig"

I was worried at first after the school massacre that the NRA would come up with a limp wristed proposal that would "satisfy" the gun lovers of America to the point where it was acceptable......

But since they have dug their heels in so hard, so very hard, where they will NOT accept ANY reforms at all I hold hope that even some of them will realise how unacceptable and counterproductive that is. As anyone will tell you.. if you arent willing to make any compromise then you may have to accept the terms of the other party completely. Now they really DO come off sounding like a rabble of ratbags. So thats good in some sense. Fingers crossed.

The problem is, that rabble has too much support. The Americans have a love affair with guns, of the sadomasochistic type. They bang on and on about their personal rights and freedoms, never the rights of other peoples and their own responsibilities. This is the sort of mindset only brain surgery would cure. Like a transorbital lobotomy.

BTW, there's been another shooting in the US. Head's up... :?
I've lived for over 2000 years, and not all of them were good ones. I've made many mistakes. And it's about time I did something about that.

-The Twelfth Doctor, Doctor Who: Deep Breath
Quatermass

Return to The Broken Drum