Australian Bushfires

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Australian Bushfires

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:39 am

Astonishing.

What's the worst that could happen to them, jail-wise, Q?
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Quatermass » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:23 am

Bouncy Castle wrote:Astonishing.

What's the worst that could happen to them, jail-wise, Q?

Buggered if I know. Teens tend to get a slap on the wrist in courts here as in the UK and the US.
I've lived for over 2000 years, and not all of them were good ones. I've made many mistakes. And it's about time I did something about that.

-The Twelfth Doctor, Doctor Who: Deep Breath
Quatermass

Postby AuntyVague » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:46 am

Bouncy Castle wrote:Dear lord.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-20948609

The scariest thing about that snippet was the lady saying she would stay to protect her home and only go if she 'had to'. I think that many Victorians changed their mind about staying to defend a house after Black Saturday and we now realise that by the time you 'have to' go it is already too late. No matter how heartbreaking it is you just can't defend a house against that sort of fire. It is beyond imagining and it's just not worth paying for a house with your life.
The Black Saturday fires didn't even get that close to our town, but we were ringed by them and the sky went black as night in the middle of the day with ash and embers falling from the sky. It was very scary and I still get a bit teary when I hear a fire siren, so my heart goes out to everyone who is facing fires right now.
AuntyVague

Postby Dotsie » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:47 am

:(
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Previous

Return to The Broken Drum