What do you love MOST about the forum?

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: What do you love MOST about the forum?

Postby Catch-up » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:45 pm

Another wonderful DW forum kept me sane while Ava was so ill and we were struggling to help her and figure out what was going on. It was the CA DW forum, first one I've ever joined and I was absolutely blown away by all the same things you were Del. The support, kindness, gifts to the girls from all over the world, fun & nutty post to me (which I think cheered up the mailman too! :lol: ). All the same qualities are here too and that's so valuable.

I also love the dynamics here. Even if I don't have time to post, I try to peek in because I know something will make me smile or laugh. The pace is good as well, not so many posts that I can't keep up and not so few that there's nothing new to read.

The best thing is that we now have cons over here where I can actually see some of the wonderful people here and on the CA forum face to face. :D And they, unfortunately, are subjected to me in person. :lol:
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:11 pm

Ditto everything everyone's said, but the best thing of all is definitely meeting people in person at the conventions or Wincanton - and running an event like the DiceBox or Strangely Fascinating with some of you is even better than that! :lol:

You lot make the best friends on and offline! :clap: :dance: :clap:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Penfold » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:24 pm

Catch-up wrote:The best thing is that we now have cons over here where I can actually see some of the wonderful people here and on the CA forum face to face. :D

This ^^^. Meeting people from here, face to face, and finding out that they were just as nice and fun in real life as they are here in forumland was a great pleasure for me. :D

I also think Tony, Jason, and Toothy deserve a special mention for making this forum the way it is. Their laid back, common sense, ego-trip free approach to moderating allows for a relaxed and fun environment for us to visit and participate in. :D
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby raptornx01 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:09 pm

This was just posted on another site. thought it was appropriate for here

"Sometimes we fall and when we fall we hit the ground hard. Things may seem hopeless when you're at the bottom of a pit, but there is always some sort of light, some sort of hope regardless of how tough things are at the moment. Life's like that, throwing endless obstacles in our path for us to bumble through, but as there are endless troubles there are opportunities at every turn for us to pick ourselves up and dust ourselves off. Never forget there are others out there to help lift yourself up and that you yourself are a reservoir of strength that is able to pull yourself from the brink, even if it takes some digging to get to it. We may only be human, but that doesn't make us weak, either together or alone."
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:59 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:
Ghost wrote:I've been here less than a month and so far there hasn't been a pitchfork wielding mob chasing after me
so thats good

The month ain't over yet, kid. :twisted: ;)
Ssssshh Bouncy we're just lulling Ghost into a false of security before the :scared-ghostface: aaarrrgh. :lol: Just joking but I think you know that, it is along with the Cunning Ones site the best ones ever. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Batty » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:37 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:
Ghost wrote:I've been here less than a month and so far there hasn't been a pitchfork wielding mob chasing after me
so thats good

The month ain't over yet, kid. :twisted: ;)

Remind me ... Which way did Ghost go?? ImageImageImage
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Ghost » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:41 pm

Ghost

Postby spideyGirl » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:50 pm

Aw you guys :clap: :clap:

I don't get much chance to get on here now that the laptop is jet-setting around the world but when I do I always leave with my faith fully restored in human beings. :D
spideyGirl

Postby majomull » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:14 pm

As a new member I was very impressed by the politeness, and friendliness of all the other members. I also love the fact that it smells like chocolate chip cookies.
Whiskey is sunlight held together with water.
majomull

Postby ChristianBecker » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:42 pm

By the way, welcome majormull. I think I may have missed you in the welcome thread.

I love the way the forum is moderated, the people on this board and the wide variety of topics here.
On with their heads! I'm the clown prince of fools
if you don't get the joke it's your loss
Love and laughter you see are the new currency
'cause greed's coinage is not worth a toss

Exile yourself to the unforgiving continent of Wraeclast!
ChristianBecker

Postby michelanCello » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:58 pm

Love everything about the forum, wouldn't know what I'd do without you! :)
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Dotsie » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:46 pm

I was asked yesterday about who I consider to be part of my support network. I wanted to say you lot, but I didn't :( It's possible that some people wouldn't get it (as evidenced here - other forums can be mean!).

You guys rock :D
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Selkie » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:58 pm

I completely agree about the support. You guys are wonderful! I also love the Fun (with a capital F) that is here and the way you can debate things without it getting completely out of hand. But first and foremost, it's the support.
Selkie

Postby Del » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:29 pm

Dotsie wrote:I was asked yesterday about who I consider to be part of my support network. I wanted to say you lot, but I didn't :( It's possible that some people wouldn't get it (as evidenced here - other forums can be mean!).

You guys rock :D

Yep! yep yep yep yep yep yep yep. our dirty little secret huh :lol:

It took me some time to admit to my councellor. . though I did not admit it to anyone else during the case. Most forums can be mean... or have stirrers. . or mods on a power trip... this place is everything all the others aren't. .. well most... it appears the CA DW forum was as good... and the influx of brilliant members from there that joined us here only proves that.

That was good... we can't even call them 'newbies' anymore.. and not even sure if WE have been assimilated or THEY have... :)

Dots..... You are going to get so much 'support' with the little Dot you will want to lick the windows and bar the doors!!! :)
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Dotsie » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:04 pm

:lol:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum