How do you feel today? 4

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: How do you feel today? 4

Postby Penfold » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:20 pm

I'm sure you will be fine Dotsie. :D
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Len Brook Photography
Penfold

Postby Catch-up » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:22 pm

You'll do great Dotsie. You're one of the sanest people I know and you'll make a great mom!
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:24 am

Good luck, Dotsie! :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Ghost » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:13 am

Waxing is not a cure for lycanthropy
Ghost

Postby Dotsie » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:22 am

:D
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby cheery_j. » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:56 am

I'm sure they'll be convinced that you're totally sane - you're one of us, after all. Oh wait ... that might be a problem... don't tell them about us!!!!! :o

btw: can you imagine what it would mean to childbirth rates if everyone had to go through that kind of check before being allowed to have children?
cheery_j.

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:02 pm

Good luck with it all Dotsie - not that you need it ;)
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby wicked woman » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:37 pm

Don't sweat it Dotsie, you'll be fine.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby chillicamper » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:29 pm

Today I am feeling rubbish. Just like yesterday I was feeling rubbish. I've had flu since 30 December and It just won't clear. At least I can now stand up and walk - just about :roll: I missed most of Daniels birthday as I was ill, though did see him blow out the candles. Luckily Daniel was not ill for his bithday. However since then Karen, Daniel and Hannah have all caught the flu and are in various stages of being incapacitated.

So the last couple of nights have basically seen us as a family holding a mass Flu Sleepover party in one room so that we can all keep an eye on each other and mop each other brows etc. and occasionally catch 5 minutes sleep.

Managed to eat only my 2nd proper meal in a week this evening, so I hope there is light at the end of the tunnel.

My boss is expecting me back at work on Monday - not sure thats gonna happen!
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby raisindot » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:05 pm

cheery_j. wrote:btw: can you imagine what it would mean to childbirth rates if everyone had to go through that kind of check before being allowed to have children?

Nothing to do with Dotsie, but sometimes, when reading endless stories of child abuse, rape, neglect, and other abuses heaped upon children by their parents, I almost wish that there were some kind of tests people had to pass before being allowed to become parents. There are certain millions of people out there who should never be allowed to procreate or become adoptive parents. Clearly, neither Dotsie nor anyone here fits into either 'prohibited' category. After all, look at Pooh--he was clearly one of the biggest rabblerousers around here yet we all know that's he's a terrific dad.
raisindot

Postby Dotsie » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:23 pm

I could rant for hours about this, obviously! But I need to feel some empathy for these unfortunate parents - they're not all evil, some of them are just useless parents, and they've lost their kids.
Last edited by Dotsie on Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Dotsie » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:21 pm

Also, get well soon chilli! :)
Dotsie

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:40 pm

Dotsie wrote:I could rant for hours about this, obviously! But I need to feel some empathy for these unfortunate parents - they're not all evil, some of them are just useless parents, and they've lost their kids. Not to mention that I'll have to talk about them with my kids at some point, so it wouldn't do to be angry (even if my kids are).

Empathy is good - evil is a very subjective term. At work I once came across a truly heroic ex crack addict who worked for a rehab unit stand evidence against an ex-boyfriend (still an addict) who was objecting to their mutual child's adoption and said that she wasn't witholding her own consent, even though she had herself been clean for over six years, because of the danger they had exposed their child to and which she could not guarantee would never re-occur. The child was 12 at the time and so had awful memories of both of them which she recognised were so bad that really she thought it was best to have a clean break, at least until the child was an adult and could decide whether they did want to know her or the father at that stage.

In 'worse' abuse cases there's also an unfortunate tendency for some perpetrators themselves to have been terribly abused from an early age. That isn't an excuse of course, but does perhaps go a little towards explaining 'how' they could do what they did with seemingly little or no consciousness that it was twisted or revolting. Nurture is a strong factor in how people think they can live their lives :?
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Penfold » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:25 pm

Hope you and your family get well soon Chilli.
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Len Brook Photography
Penfold

Postby ShadowNinjaCat » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:26 am

Hope you and your family get better soon,Chilli
and good luck Dotsie. :)
“We are all in the gutter,but some of us are looking at the stars.”- Oscar Wilde
ShadowNinjaCat

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum