What made you smile today? 6

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: What made you smile today? 6

Postby jaznbonnie » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:24 pm

ChristianBecker wrote:
jaznbonnie wrote:Also the book "Where's My Cow" and sent it to my daughter so she can raise my up coming grandchild properly. ;)

That's very considerate of you. What would your daughter do without you? :D

Dunno Christian. Probably register her Baby Shower gifts with Amazon. ;) :roll: :D

Catsup, when I was in Jr. High, I used steam rollers every morning. Left them in while I got everything else done and then brushed the curls into place. Of course my hair was stick straight again by noon. :roll:
Be careful what you wish for as you just might get it.
jaznbonnie

Postby Catch-up » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:25 pm

That's exactly what my hair is like. I don't care how you curl it or what products you assault it with, it will be completely straight by the end of the day.

Just got an email from someone at our library. Over the summer they participated in a national library promotion called Geek the Library. They were doing photo shoots of local people showing what they "geek". I noticed the pictures up around town and mentioned when I was in once how fun I thought they were. I was told when the next photo shoot was and that we should come in. I brought the girls in, they got their pictures taken and we were all given free t-shirts, buttons and bookmarks - even me and I didn't even get my picture taken! The email today said that the posters are ready to be picked up. They're giving us free poster sized prints of the girls' photos too! :shock: :D
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:59 pm

Result :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupright: :happy-partydance:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Catch-up » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:24 pm

Just picked them up and they look great! I'll have to go out this weekend and find some frames for them.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
Catch-up

Postby Natalya » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:59 am

Catch-up, fine story! :)

Now news from me:
Our Grandfather Frost (Russian Santa Claus) brought me new TP book on New Year’s night ! I found it It under NewYear’s fir (Christmas tree). It was ‘Good omens’ (in Russian, new issue). :) I was so happy! Now I’m reading 2 books at the same time: ‘I’ll wear midnight’ (in English) and ‘Good omens’ (in Russian). Wonderful! :)
P.S. The Grandfather Frost was my beloved husband in that case ... :)
Best regards! :)
Natalya
Natalya

Postby Catch-up » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:06 pm

Sounds like you had a great holiday Natalya!
Catch-up

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:46 pm

Two really good books,Good Omens is one of my favorites. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Watchman44 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:13 pm

Who watches the watchman.......
FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
Watchman44

Postby jaznbonnie » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:44 pm

Watchman44 wrote:The following headline,Cat 'arrested' for break-in at Brazilian prison :)

I'm sure the cat had plenty to say but the authorities weren't bi-lingual. ;)
Be careful what you wish for as you just might get it.
jaznbonnie

Postby wicked woman » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:28 pm

Probably swearing at the twit who stuck tape to it's fur. Perhaps it just as well we don't speak cat brazilian.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Cheery » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:18 pm

Cats are evil. Fact. XD
Mine sure is. A bit of prison would probably do her good!
Cheery

Postby Cheery » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:19 pm

Committing the unforgivable sin of double-posting.

Anyway:
Been watching QI nonstop today XD
I have turned into an encyclopedia for extremely interesting, but totally useless facts about life and the universe.
But god, this show is funny.
Cheery

Postby Del » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:13 pm

Oh I love that this thread is half way into incarnation no: 6 :D :D

Love reading this thread. Love that you lot NOTICE and share the good things that happen to you. Its important. :D :D :D

I made a huge huge bowl of fruit salad last week and its proven so popular that I have had to make it every second day. Watermelon and oranges and apples and passionfruit and Nashi and mango and strawberries and heaps more... Everything BUT rockmelon as I am allergic to that.. even the juice.. its been the "go to" whenever the "I'm huuuuuuuungry" call goes up... which is frequent with the kids home on holidays... but they never know what they want to eat because its SO hot.

Nom nom nom

And I am currently eating mangoes til my tummy pops. The price varies but they HAVE been near $2 each so I can eat them til I pop... as the season gets on they will get back up to $5 :( I am hoping to eat so many of them right now that I will be forever sick of them for the rest of my life and I will save myself a fortune when I am craving one and they are off season.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Catch-up » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:16 pm

Mmmm! The fruit salad sounds yummy.

Yesterday Thing 2 paid me 7 cents for a shoulder massage. She used to say mirage instead of massage. "Mama, I think I need a mirage." Me too baby. Me too.
Catch-up

Postby Del » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:36 pm

I popped into Haydens daycare facility yesterday. She is in care there while her father and his wife go to work. Ridiculous that she has to while I am free.. but it's her week at his place.

Anyway... She was thrilled to see me and her sister M and a bit teary but almost FAINTED when I gave her a One Direction T-shirt !!!!!! Tried to find one for her for Christmas but the only one I could find wasn't very nice and was almost $60. This one was $10 . She loves it :)
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum