Frustration Thread 4

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Frustration Thread 4

Postby Catch-up » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:30 pm

cheery_j. wrote:
Catch-up wrote:Looks like I'm going to have to get a new pair of running shoes. I've been investing in really good ones, but they only seem to last about 6 months. :( I would have thought they'd last me at least a year, but that never seems to be the case.

You could do what I do: don't go running - they'll keep for aaaages! ;)

:lol: I don't actually go running. If I did, I could understand them only lasting 6 months. I'm just on the treadmill 5/6 times a week. I don't even run on that, I just do about 4mph for about 3 miles. I thought I would be able to get at least a year out of each pair.

Mycroft, even though you're rough on them, 4 months is awfully short. :? I'm assuming you've tried a few different brands?
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Dotsie » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:28 am

My dad buys a pair of walking boots specifically for walking trips, then has to get a new pair when he gets back.

Catch-up, what brand do you buy? Mr Dotsie does a lot of miles, but his trainers definitely last longer than that. He likes Brooks, I favour Asics (but I'm gentler than him ;) )
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby michelanCello » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:39 am

Home again... how wonderful.
Turns out there has been a burglary in the other house - again (big house in the countryside, thatch, been for sale for 2 years, no one wants it, no insurance of course, because no sane insurance company would do that due to the previous break-ins in the past, the last big one in 2009). This time, they stole... well, basically everything. The washing mashine, the taps in both bathrooms and the kitchen, the heating tubes (that's Hungary for you :roll: )... My granny was already on the case ('cause it happened on New Year's Eve, no one told ME of course), because water was flowing all over the place, they wanted to cut the source when, just to make life even easier, it turned out there has been a pipe-brake no one noticed, so we don't know when it happened, what we do know is that over a 100 or so m3 water has been lost... fun innit? Now we're lucky, because it has been a dry Summer, so chances are the ground under the house hasn't sank or I don't know what you call it, but that still is a lot of money... I may be able to get some discount because of my situation, but right now I'm in a really pessimistic mood.
Now going to the post office, have to pick up a letter from the tax office, in which I'll get to know if I have to pay my moms last PIT or not, but right now I wouldn't be surprised if they'd make me pay the whole amount...
Still, you always got to look on the bright side of life... at least the Sun is shining... ow wait, it's JANUARY, there should be like big mountains of snow and everything...

Ow, and I don't have any warm water either :D AND no heating... it's 15°C in here :D And I have an exam on Monday :D

Think I'm going to hide in a corner now and cry for a while...
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Batty » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:44 am

Image (((HUGS))) mC!
The year can only improve!
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Penfold » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:59 am

*HUGS* from me as well mC. It's not a good start to the year but , hopefully, things will get better from now and you've got the worst that 2013 can throw at you out of the way. :)
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby chris.ph » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:03 pm

it will get better mc dont worry
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Dotsie » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:07 pm

Oh Mici :( That's a sucky thing to have happen. I hope it doesn't cost you the full amount.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Catch-up » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:04 pm

So sorry mC. :( What an awful mess to come home to. I hope it doesn't cost you too much.

Dotsie, I get Asics too. I don't know why they wear out on me so quickly. Maybe it has something to do with me? I actually wear holes in the back of the heels, but before that I can feel how loose they are. I can't get them to lace tightly enough. There's a running store down the street, maybe I should go there and try a couple of other brands.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Selkie » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:11 pm

:romance-grouphug: *hugs* Mici. What an awful thing to come home too :( Hope it all gets sorted out soon.
Selkie

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:29 pm

So sorry to hear that Mici. :(
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:42 pm

Big HUGS from me as well mC. Image
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Ghost » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:45 pm

from me as well Image
I hope things get better for you
Ooh you cheeky little sea winkle
Ghost

Postby ShadowNinjaCat » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:14 am

Sorry to hear about your poor start to the new year,mC. :( *Big hugs*
“We are all in the gutter,but some of us are looking at the stars.”- Oscar Wilde
ShadowNinjaCat

Postby cheery_j. » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:36 am

Poor mC! It's terrible to come home from a nice trip and find something like that at home!
cheery_j.

Postby wicked woman » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:32 pm

Hugs mC, things can only get better. :romance-grouphug:
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum