Personal Status Update!

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Personal Status Update!

Postby Batty » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:35 am

:oops: :lol:
So does Silver fancy a trip to Ireland, then???
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
User avatar
Batty
Member
 
Posts: 4656
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:03 pm
Location: East Anglia

Re: Personal Status Update!

Postby DaveC » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:03 am

I sure she'd love it! ;)
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
User avatar
DaveC
Member
 
Posts: 3795
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:35 am
Location: Portishead, UK

Re: Personal Status Update!

Postby Cheery » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:59 pm

Wow, congratulations!
User avatar
Cheery
Member
 
Posts: 1544
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:19 pm
Location: Switzerland

Re: Personal Status Update!

Postby Del » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:42 pm

Just thinking Dave..... Dave and Emma.... both very regular names....

My mum and dad... Tom and Mary... had 12 kids and we were mostly (with the exception of the two called after Irish saints or such) named VERY unusual names... which we have spent the whole of our lives spelling or explaining to people where it comes from....

Funny thing is though... the ones that got the very plain names... called their kids unusual names

And the ones who had very unusual names called their kids very plain names.

And with all them... there is usually a discussion of "Why did you call me such a plain/crazy name?"

Saw this programme tonight... http://www.slate.com/articles/business/ ... _name.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freakonomics

Interesting.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
User avatar
Del
Member
 
Posts: 3368
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:13 am

Re: Personal Status Update!

Postby chris.ph » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:12 pm

is that why your name is short for delete then :whistle: :whistle:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
User avatar
chris.ph
Member
 
Posts: 8633
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:52 am
Location: swansea south wales

Re: Personal Status Update!

Postby wicked woman » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:21 pm

:lol:
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
User avatar
wicked woman
Member
 
Posts: 3365
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:51 am
Location: nottinghamshire, uk

Re: Personal Status Update!

Postby Del » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:23 pm

chris.ph wrote:is that why your name is short for delete then :whistle: :whistle:


Image

or....

Del-ightful
Del-icious
Del-ectable

Image

:lol:
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
User avatar
Del
Member
 
Posts: 3368
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:13 am

Re: Personal Status Update!

Postby DaveC » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:21 pm

Del wrote:Just thinking Dave..... Dave and Emma.... both very regular names....

My mum and dad... Tom and Mary... had 12 kids and we were mostly (with the exception of the two called after Irish saints or such) named VERY unusual names... which we have spent the whole of our lives spelling or explaining to people where it comes from....

Funny thing is though... the ones that got the very plain names... called their kids unusual names

And the ones who had very unusual names called their kids very plain names.

And with all them... there is usually a discussion of "Why did you call me such a plain/crazy name?"

Saw this programme tonight... http://www.slate.com/articles/business/ ... _name.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freakonomics

Interesting.


Very interesting, it's strange because the weirdest name in my family is Ursula...my parents are Andrew and Pauline and Emma's mum is Jennifer (she doesn't know her father). I think it is because it's annoying have such common names ourselves
.
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
User avatar
DaveC
Member
 
Posts: 3795
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:35 am
Location: Portishead, UK

Re: Personal Status Update!

Postby Batty » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:17 pm

Del wrote:
chris.ph wrote:is that why your name is short for delete then :whistle: :whistle:


Image

or....

Del-ightful
Del-icious
Del-ectable

Image

:lol:

Delirious ... Deluded ... Image
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
User avatar
Batty
Member
 
Posts: 4656
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:03 pm
Location: East Anglia

Re: Personal Status Update!

Postby Ghost » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:07 pm

Image
Ooh you cheeky little sea winkle
User avatar
Ghost
Member
 
Posts: 3855
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:34 pm
Location: Blackcountry

Re: Personal Status Update!

Postby Batty » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:55 pm

Image
No point in insulting Del if she doesn't know it! ... :whistle:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
User avatar
Batty
Member
 
Posts: 4656
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:03 pm
Location: East Anglia

Re: Personal Status Update!

Postby Del » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:11 pm

You!..... HERE!

Image

Image

I have friends in high places Batty!.... well trees... high trees...

Image

You may need one of these! :twisted:

Image
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
User avatar
Del
Member
 
Posts: 3368
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:13 am

Re: Personal Status Update!

Postby Batty » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:13 pm

Image
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
User avatar
Batty
Member
 
Posts: 4656
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:03 pm
Location: East Anglia

Re: Personal Status Update!

Postby Del » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:27 pm

DaveC wrote:
Very interesting, it's strange because the weirdest name in my family is Ursula...my parents are Andrew and Pauline and Emma's mum is Jennifer (she doesn't know her father). I think it is because it's annoying have such common names ourselves
.


Hey Dave... stumbled across this while in the youtube twilight zone... :lol: :lol:

You do realise I called my oldest "Truly"..... (after spending my whole life explaining and spelling my own name almost every day of my life)... ;)

Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
User avatar
Del
Member
 
Posts: 3368
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:13 am

Re: Personal Status Update!

Postby DaveC » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:14 pm

OMG that was energetic and hilarious!!! He said Silver, though I think in reference to a boy??? I get the Lone Ranger thing but we love it from an elemental stand point. BTW, Elektra is from the Greek myth as well as the comic character and Luna is just as much to so with the moon as it is Harry Potter. :)

I'm tempted to see if he has other videos, he was a character!
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
User avatar
DaveC
Member
 
Posts: 3795
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:35 am
Location: Portishead, UK

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests