The Canon EOS Photo Awards

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: The Canon EOS Photo Awards

Postby ShadowNinjaCat » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:36 pm

Just remember to wear a towel over your shoulder,they need to go to the bathroom sometime...
“We are all in the gutter,but some of us are looking at the stars.”- Oscar Wilde
ShadowNinjaCat

Postby SamHain » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:44 am

Oh, no worries there. I've always got a towel. They are, after all, the single most massively useful thing in the universe.
There is Light, and there is Dark, but who defines what they mean?
The World goes on by Day and Night, yet Truth remains unseen.
SamHain

Location: I am the one hiding under you bed, teeth ground sharp and eyes glowing red...

Postby ShadowNinjaCat » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:15 am

Good to see you're always prepared.
“We are all in the gutter,but some of us are looking at the stars.”- Oscar Wilde
ShadowNinjaCat

Postby Del » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:11 pm

SamHain wrote:Oh, no worries there. I've always got a towel. They are, after all, the single most massively useful thing in the universe.

Oh I totally agree!

In any temp over 30C here they are the clothing of choice (around the house not out in public), always have two (one old, one new) in the car for unexpected stop offs at the beach, kids falling "accidently" into water sources in summer, wrapping up of fragile items for travel, ... the list goes on and on and on for the 'car uses'....

They are the 'go to' for (again) kids throwing up,... busted water pipes,... overflowing sinks, baths, dishwashers, puddles left up the hallway by dripping kids out of the shower... rain coming in through the doors in big storms,... spilt drinks on the floor, especially on carpets for the blotting of,.... drying of soggy dogs, cats and children....

I have a heirachy of towels... ones for the original use they were intended for and the wearing of... and others in different stages of disrepair for the job lots... until they get to the stage where they get torn in half or smaller for emergency tasks that require that after THAT particular final act they will end up in the bin; covered in oil or glue or kids vomit... or snugly wrapping a huge spider because noone is game enough to unwrap it and see if its dead.

I love towels.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Mycroft Vimes » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:13 am

Also good for avoiding the gaze of the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal of course. ;)
Other reasons why you should never be without towel can be found here :
http://www.towel.org.uk/
'It's just like crop circles. No matter how many aliens own up to making them, there are always a few diehards who believe that humans go out with garden rollers in the middle of the night-'
Mycroft Vimes

Previous

Return to The Broken Drum