What have you seen recently? 3

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: What have you seen recently? 3

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:23 pm

On the flight over: Brave, The Dark Knight Rises, Spiderman and Total Recall.

I really enjoyed Brave, thought the Batman film was lacking in action and didn't seem to know where it was going. Spiderman was good, but do we really need a rehash of the same story? But the real surprise was the remake of Total Recall. I thought it was excellent. :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:10 am

I saw The amazing Spiderman some days ago, and although it was not bad, I found it a totally unnecessary remake, I could have easily done with just the other one. I was never particularly fond of Tobey Macguire, but I prefer him to Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker.
CrysaniaMajere

Postby chris.ph » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:02 pm

just watched dorian grey, bloody good as well :D my mrs didnt enjoy it tho :lol: :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Tiffany » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:48 pm

My friend & I watched Hugo Wednesday evening. I got the DVD for Christmas & we'd missed it in the cinema. Lovely film & brilliantly acted.
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Catch-up » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:41 pm

We saw MIB3 last week. Cute, but not fantastic. And got to see The Hobbit over the weekend - loved it! :D
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Willem » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:59 pm

Just finished watching Mary and Max - pretty dark but funny and heartwarming!
Scientists are predicting the future will be much more futuristic than originally predicted
Willem

Postby Dotsie » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:43 am

Watched Total Recall last night, delighted to see just how evil the British have become :twisted: I have this feeling that Hollywood is preparing the US for an invasion of Britain.... :shock:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Ghost » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:04 pm

I didn't do much last night but I found a good film on-line Go Find a Psychic!
and the other day I stumbled across Hinokio: Inter Galactic Love which is one of the sweetest films I have seen in a long time
Ooh you cheeky little sea winkle
Ghost

Postby michelanCello » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:16 pm

Hotel Transylvania, was fun :D
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:22 pm

I seen that one in 3D it was funny. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby michelanCello » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:34 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:I seen that one in 3D it was funny. :mrgreen:

I watched it with HORRIBLE subtitles, don't know why anyone'd bother, but it was funny at some point where it said: "Ow, look! I can almost see BUDHAPEST from here!" :lol: we did it! Budha is ours 8-)
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby raptornx01 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:34 pm

Watched Battleship. It was actually a very fun movie. I got the sense watching the trailer and think it more after seeing the movie, that some suits decided to have this done, and when it was turned over to the writers they were like "Really? you want to make a movie about what?" but then said "screw it" and just decided to have fun with the idea. Some of the navel battles were pretty unique and over all the action was good. mostly it's all tongue in cheek.

The one interesting thing is that, though they don't get into the motivations of the aliens further then they are a scouting party and want to send off a signal to bring more of them here, how they are portrayed is a bit more in depth then the usual invading fair. They aren't shown to be merciless killers, and only destroy or kill for tactical reasons or if they are attacked. on several occasions they simply let people go because they aren't a threat. I thought it was a nice touch, and surprised it was there at all.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby chris.ph » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:42 pm

i loved battleship, but im an ex sailor so watching any battleship doing a broadside is fun for me :D i went on that class of ship in north carolina funnnily enough it was called the uss north carolina and saw the uss iowa when it came to portsmouth in the early nineties, huge ships and lots of armour :shock: awesome for a 70 year old ship
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:15 pm

I want to see Django soon, another Tarintino bloodbath. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Catch-up » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:40 pm

Watched Snow White and the Huntsman last night. Wasn't expecting much and was pleasantly surprised. It wasn't great or anything, but more entertaining than I expected.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

PreviousNext

Return to TV, film, theatre