Frustration Thread 4

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Frustration Thread 4

Postby raisindot » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:01 pm

Ghost wrote:how bloody hard is it to find a good pair of over ear headphones in a nice colour and by nice I mean no dumb-ass smiley faces, florescent colours or comic book designs my old dependable headphones are so old the foam ear-covers (I don't know the proper name for them) have started to degrade they work just fine except for that and they are soooo comfortable and I spent a long time adjusting them to fit my head

I thought I was reading one of Del's messages for a moment. :D

Poor Ghost. We're really having some fun at your expense today. :twisted:
raisindot

Postby Ghost » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:41 pm

raisindot wrote:
Ghost wrote:how bloody hard is it to find a good pair of over ear headphones in a nice colour and by nice I mean no dumb-ass smiley faces, florescent colours or comic book designs my old dependable headphones are so old the foam ear-covers (I don't know the proper name for them) have started to degrade they work just fine except for that and they are soooo comfortable and I spent a long time adjusting them to fit my head

I thought I was reading one of Del's messages for a moment. :D

Poor Ghost. We're really having some fun at your expense today. :twisted:

let me enjoy my sulk Image
Ooh you cheeky little sea winkle
Ghost

Postby michelanCello » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:08 pm

Awww... maybe you can buy a dull or not-so-nice one and put stickers on it? Or paint it? Hope you'll find one that suits you! :)
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby SamHain » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:50 pm

There's always paint....
There is Light, and there is Dark, but who defines what they mean?
The World goes on by Day and Night, yet Truth remains unseen.
SamHain

Location: I am the one hiding under you bed, teeth ground sharp and eyes glowing red...

Postby Ghost » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:49 am

michelanCello wrote:Awww... maybe you can buy a dull or not-so-nice one and put stickers on it? Or paint it? Hope you'll find one that suits you! :)

shortly after I posted I found these
right smack within my meagre budget and if all goes well I should be able either find them in my local asda or if not the silver isn't such a bad colour ebay
Ghost

Postby cheery_j. » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:44 am

I've got these: Image

They make me look stupid Image, but the sound is really good (well, the bass could be a bit better, but that would be another 50 Euro or so) and they have this extra anti-noise thingy that is great if you use them on trains and planes and suchlike.
cheery_j.

Postby Ghost » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:49 am

these are the ones I use at home for my netbook
but are too expensive for general travel
Ghost

Postby cheery_j. » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:04 am

Ghost wrote:but are too expensive for general travel

Yes, I'm always scared that I'll lose or break mine.
But if I want to hear my own music/audiobook etc. and not people screaming around me (I have to take the underground that's full of school children in the morning) without damaging my ears, the really cheap ones just don't work for me.
Tell me if you're happy with yours when they've arrived.

And so far the headphones have survived a number of trips to school and abroad - they seem to be tougher than they look! :D
cheery_j.

Postby Ghost » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:18 am

I go to work way way before the kiddywinks even get out of bed and return home before the school day is over
so I don't have to deal with the noise they make
but your headphone seem really good clunky but good the jvc ones I've got my eye
on are only about £10 so I don't expect them to be the greatest ones ever made but from the reviews I've read they seem okay
Ghost

Postby Catch-up » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:38 pm

Looks like I'm going to have to get a new pair of running shoes. I've been investing in really good ones, but they only seem to last about 6 months. :( I would have thought they'd last me at least a year, but that never seems to be the case.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Mycroft Vimes » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:59 pm

Sorry Catch-up i can't feel too sympathetic,i buy the more expensive hiking/mountaineering boots(Hanwag,Meindl,Salomon etc.) and am lucky when they last 4 months,usually they start falling apart at about three. :P ;)

My frustration at the moment is the bill for a maintainance service and vehicle inspection. :-o
Renaults are fine cars,just not for driving everyday it seems... :twisted:
On top of the unexpected large bill,i also have to miss it another whole day and have to cancel the coming monday,not good in these already quite lean times. :(

Ah well,at least the mayan doomsdayprophets had it wrong.
:lol:
Last edited by Mycroft Vimes on Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'It's just like crop circles. No matter how many aliens own up to making them, there are always a few diehards who believe that humans go out with garden rollers in the middle of the night-'
Mycroft Vimes

Postby cheery_j. » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:24 pm

Catch-up wrote:Looks like I'm going to have to get a new pair of running shoes. I've been investing in really good ones, but they only seem to last about 6 months. :( I would have thought they'd last me at least a year, but that never seems to be the case.

You could do what I do: don't go running - they'll keep for aaaages! ;)
cheery_j.

Postby Selkie » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:19 pm

Mycroft Vimes wrote:Sorry Catch-up i can't feel too sympathetic,i buy the more expensive hiking/mountaineering boots(Hanwag,Meindl,Salomon etc.) and am lucky when they last 4 months,usually they start falling apart at about three. :P ;)

<snipity snip snip>

That's a worry! I was recently looking at and trying on a lovely pair of Meindl boots to replace my 25 year old run-of-mill walking boots which really need retiring now. Given the extortionate price, I was rather hoping they would last at least as long as the old pair, but that doesn't seem to be the case?

To be fair, my old boots didn't get a huge amount of wear over the years although I expect my new ones to get a lot more.
Selkie

Postby Mycroft Vimes » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:29 pm

It's not the brand,it's me. ;)
They get more a 'bit' more wear than average and i don't take proper care of them.
When they are wet i shove them under the cental heating radiator to dry them out and i do not use any protective stuff.
I used to be a Timberland-fan,they seemed to last just a tiny bit longer than most brands,but a while back their quality seems to have dropped somewhat IMO and they are now comparable to the rest.
'It's just like crop circles. No matter how many aliens own up to making them, there are always a few diehards who believe that humans go out with garden rollers in the middle of the night-'
Mycroft Vimes

Postby Penfold » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:16 pm

Selkie wrote:
Mycroft Vimes wrote:Sorry Catch-up i can't feel too sympathetic,i buy the more expensive hiking/mountaineering boots(Hanwag,Meindl,Salomon etc.) and am lucky when they last 4 months,usually they start falling apart at about three. :P ;)

<snipity snip snip>

That's a worry! I was recently looking at and trying on a lovely pair of Meindl boots to replace my 25 year old run-of-mill walking boots which really need retiring now. Given the extortionate price, I was rather hoping they would last at least as long as the old pair, but that doesn't seem to be the case?

To be fair, my old boots didn't get a huge amount of wear over the years although I expect my new ones to get a lot more.

Might it be better to get them re-soled? At least then you won't have to go through the hassle of breaking in a new pair and suffering the blisters. Of course, I could just be talking cobblers. ;)
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum