Headlines That Left You Speechless 2

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Headlines That Left You Speechless 2

Postby Conforumist » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:09 am

The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby Quatermass » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:53 pm

http://bigpondnews.com/articles/TopStories/2012/12/29/Indian_rape_victim_takes_turn_for_worse_830843.html?cid=ZBP_NEWS_L_L1_Indian_rape_victim_takes_turn_for_worse_291212

:(

If she dies, those [EFF!]ers should definitely get the death penalty. And the old fashioned way, too. I heard that they used to execute criminals in India by dragging them by elephant to the execution place, and then having the trained elephant squish their head with the elephant's foot.
I've lived for over 2000 years, and not all of them were good ones. I've made many mistakes. And it's about time I did something about that.

-The Twelfth Doctor, Doctor Who: Deep Breath
Quatermass

Postby Sister Jennifer » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:14 pm

Here's hoping India will lead the way in some real changes on violent crime.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby Quatermass » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:56 am

I've lived for over 2000 years, and not all of them were good ones. I've made many mistakes. And it's about time I did something about that.

Quatermass

Postby Alanz » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:57 am

They should bring back the Death Penalty, Globally for Proven Murder cases in my opinion :x
Alanz

Postby Conforumist » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:55 am

I just heard and read about it on CBC.

I would like to suggest that people post the title of the article, (instead of just to link) in their posts.

Thanks
Conforumist

Postby Quatermass » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:33 pm

Conforumist wrote:I just heard and read about it on CBC.

I would like to suggest that people post the title of the article, (instead of just to link) in their posts.

Thanks

If you look at my links, Conforumist, you can always, and I mean always, see the headline as part of the URL.

Quatermass

Postby Conforumist » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:52 pm

Quatermass wrote:
Conforumist wrote:I just heard and read about it on CBC.

Thanks

If you look at my links, Conforumist, you can always, and I mean always, see the headline as part of the URL.

My eyes don't work that way. All I see is a link. Is it really such a chore to add the title of the article?
Conforumist

Postby Del » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:55 pm

Pope-says-child-rape-isnt-that-bad-was-normal-back-in-his-day

http://www.sott.net/article/220257-Vati ... in-his-day
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:53 pm

Well what do we expect when so much is made of holy text in Catholic schools

Jesus supposedly wrote:Suffer little children to come unto me...
:roll:
As for the point about a theocratic cover up - I always thought that the whole point of celibacy was that you gave up sex with everybody (not just adults) in order to grow closer to god and bang on to the rest of us on how to live a pure life? :evil:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:55 pm

bloody hiccuping server :roll:
Last edited by Jan Van Quirm on Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Watchman44 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:38 pm

'Oompa Loompas' sought by police over Norwich assault has got to be a candidate for this thread! :shock:
Who watches the watchman.......
FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
Watchman44

Postby Del » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:31 pm

A young 14 year old autistic boy was lost in the bush near Perth this week. They have been in the grip of a massive heatwave for weeks with temps over 40C daily.

More worrying because only two weeks ago a man went on a short walk with his Scottish 14 year old son in temps over 40C and the boy die of heat exhaustion while with his father.

This young kid did EVERYTHING right. Covered himself with dirt to keep the sun off, knew to drink water out of a tree....

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/wa ... ys-rescue/
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:43 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... hters.html

More on the India rape. Oh dear lord.

Apparently incensed that she was out at night with a man to whom she was not married, they took turns to rape her and beat her friend while the bus cruised the streets of South Delhi, the atrocities inside shielded by curtains and tinted glass.

An iron rod was forced inside her, mutilating her genitals and destroying her intestines. She and her friend fell unconscious and were tossed from the bus on a flyover after an ordeal lasting somewhere between 40 minutes and two hours.

This was the bit that struck me...

Rajpal Yadav, a senior officer in Gurgaon, home to many of the country’s top call centres and their many women staff, told the magazine that “Girls from Darjeeling and Nepal have come here for business purposes. They go with men for money, but if the money isn’t enough, it becomes rape.” Attitudes like these have intensified fears among women that reporting attacks to the police will make matters worse. If they do come forward, many victims are subjected to a demeaning “two-finger” test to assess whether or not they are virgins, and therefore more or less credible witnesses.

That's right, dear. You blame the women.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:51 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... hters.html

More on the India rape. Oh dear lord.

Apparently incensed that she was out at night with a man to whom she was not married, they took turns to rape her and beat her friend while the bus cruised the streets of South Delhi, the atrocities inside shielded by curtains and tinted glass.

An iron rod was forced inside her, mutilating her genitals and destroying her intestines. She and her friend fell unconscious and were tossed from the bus on a flyover after an ordeal lasting somewhere between 40 minutes and two hours.

This was the bit that struck me...

Rajpal Yadav, a senior officer in Gurgaon, home to many of the country’s top call centres and their many women staff, told the magazine that “Girls from Darjeeling and Nepal have come here for business purposes. They go with men for money, but if the money isn’t enough, it becomes rape.” Attitudes like these have intensified fears among women that reporting attacks to the police will make matters worse. If they do come forward, many victims are subjected to a demeaning “two-finger” test to assess whether or not they are virgins, and therefore more or less credible witnesses.

That's right, dear. You blame the women.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum