Whether the weather, Whatever the Weather.

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Whether the weather, Whatever the Weather.

Postby Broccolee » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:37 pm

Yup,6' here too and raining and blowing so badly we have practically been cooped up for three or four days now.There was some clearing up earlier,so we decided to make a dash for it and take a walk.We hadn't even reached the park before it started drizzling again and on the way back to the car,we just managed by running for it to avoid getting drenched.It's so uncomfortable and damp,we permanently have to have the heating on,and that although the gas and leccy company has promised a 13% price rise starting November.

Aunty,we didn't even have 37 ' here this year in our summer and now the winter's so crap,we don't get snow anymore,either.
The weather god decided three days of snow are enough for one winter.:-)My mum would agree.

We've had floodings in Cologne and Düsseldorf too,but they were minor and the water is going back already.Hope everyone managed to keep the Christmas tree dry.
It´s still magic even if you know how it´s done.
Broccolee

Postby Catch-up » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:57 pm

We really got dumped on yesterday! Several inches of snow out there now. Hubby was happy to be able to break out the snowblower. :D
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Dotsie » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:25 pm

Hurray! It wasn't a waste of money! :lol:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby chris.ph » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:10 pm

we call them leaf blowers over here :whistle: :whistle:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby swreader » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:03 am

Right nippy, and quite a wind (but no rain) earlier. Supposed to get down to 30 F tonight and only up to 54 tomorrow. :o Do hope that the next rain prediction comes through as we get half our annual moisture in the winter (during this time of year).

Tony is still glad (weatherwise) he's here--and not in Cardiff (or for that matter that I don't live in Chicago or somewhere in the midwest).
swreader

Postby Alanz » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:27 am

It's Persistantly raining here at the moment, Gives showers all day today, still better than Snow :D
Alanz

Postby Del » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:49 pm

Catch-up wrote:We really got dumped on yesterday! Several inches of snow out there now. Hubby was happy to be able to break out the snowblower. :D

Your storms are all over our news here.... and everytime I see great banks of snow and people shovelling I think of your hubby with his snowblower :lol: :lol: :lol:

The UK floods are all over our news too. I do hope you are all safe and well and not too inconvenienced.

Its hot here. (naturally). Nothing like an Aussie christmas with the hats from the crackers (bon-bons) plastered to a sweating brow and tiny rivulettes of red and yellow dye running down your face. :lol:

The girls and I were talking about cold Christmas' wot you lot have...and as much as it seems pretty we all agreed that we would go stark raving bonkers if we had to be cooped up inside for any length of time. Well I guess we DO do that to some extent when its too hot to go outside...

We still have some time to go looking at Christmas Lights (its huge here) and its always wonderful after a sticky hot day to spend the night wandering along streets and streets with all the other people on a cooler night temperature marvelling at the lights.

but I guess its summed up by the tinsel glittering like its on fire when the afternoon sun streams through the windows. :D

I was too sick to go to the beach Boxing Day but we shall try to fit in a day while the girls are on holiday... its been hot and still and muggy and the seas have been a bit rough anyway... but we had a BREEZE through the house last night... Oh it was so wonderful. Fans are all on full bore here day and night but at the moment its bearable.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Catch-up » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:24 pm

:lol: He was so happy to be able to break out the snowblower that he did the sidewalk for the entire block, did my mom's driveway and walk (well, he always does that, even if he's shoveling) and did some of the neighbor's drives and walks too.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Del » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:29 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah... I was a bit like that when I got my Gernie... water blaster cleaner thingie.

It wore off after about two hours.... but by then I had written dirty messages in the drive and had to finish the damn job! :lol: :lol:
Del

Postby Alanz » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:14 pm

It's still Raining here on and off though,Very cold as well. :(
Alanz

Postby Ghost » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:38 pm

Del wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah... I was a bit like that when I got my Gernie... water blaster cleaner thingie.

It wore off after about two hours.... but by then I had written dirty messages in the drive and had to finish the damn job! :lol: :lol:

lol reminds me of when I trained to be a gardener and I liquid fertilized exactly what I thought of the job on the bowling green
:twisted:
needless to say I don't do any gardening work any more :mrgreen:
Waxing is not a cure for lycanthropy
Ghost

Postby Antiq » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:58 pm

It's been RIDICULOUSLY mild this winter so far. I mean, mosquitos!!? In December!!? Damp too, of course, but nothing unusual there.
In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded.
Antiq

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:58 pm

Antiq wrote:It's been RIDICULOUSLY mild this winter so far. I mean, mosquitos!!? In December!!? Damp too, of course, but nothing unusual there.

Great to see you again, Antiq! :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Del » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:33 pm

You have mozzies in Ireland? My bestie lived there for three years.. she said a lot about the cold.. the rain.. the drizzle.. the mould.. the sleet.. the clouds.. but she never mentioned the mozzies .

Nice to see you again Antiq .

It was a muggy stifling stinking hot day again today. We escaped to a shopping center for a few hours. The beach is out of the question... wild surf and bluebottles.
stinging jellyfish .. not the flies.

I do hope the bluebottles aren't up as far as Moolooabah where Sister Jenn is on hols . That would stink.
Del

Postby chris.ph » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:10 pm

you ought to see the mozzies and midges in scotland del, its mentlal, a friend of mine went fishing up there and they were basically wearing a beekeepers suit to stop them getting bitten :shock:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum