Maybe I should have asked for Spocks brain
cloudstarer

Re: Let This Be The Christmas Thread!

Postby Alanz » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:50 am

That's it, over for another year, best get saving up for next time :lol:
Alanz

Postby Penfold » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:01 am

Thank you Broc! :D I finally managed to pick up your parcel from the Post Office and found some wonderful Stollen, chocolate cookies, mug for my hot chocolate, and some liqueur chocs. :D :D :D
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Broccolee » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:29 pm

Glad you liked it,Penfold.I ought to explain that the mug is a original Glühwein mug from the big Aachen Christmas fair.So it's been baptized by Glühwein! :D
It´s still magic even if you know how it´s done.
Broccolee

Postby Del » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:26 pm

Wow! What a Christmas Day we had!

Got Hayden back from her fathers after she had the WORST Christmas with him... he told her Santa wasnt real and so Santa didnt leave any presents for her :evil: Then she had to sit in her room the rest of the day by herself because he put on a scarey movie.

But I had my oldest, Truly home who arrived at the train station in multi-coloured over the knee stipey socks, christmas shorts on, bells hanging off her all over and a santa hat! :lol: Morgan was home and since I had been working the full week right up to Christmas Eve we didnt actually have Christmas ready. So I did all my housework in a few hours, (I also ripped the house apart trying to find some presents I had brought during the year... typical) Morgan put up the tree and while I ran to get Hayden Truly decorated the house and the tree!!!!

It was gorgeous and we spent most of the afternoon opening presents.. I am so lucky, my kids like to take their time with presents.

I wasnt feeling very well... but put out some munchies early thinking I would start the roast veggies and the roast lamb mid afternoon but then I suddenly got very ill and had to go to bed... so close to calling an ambulance but I figured being home was better than being in a casualty unit on Christmas Day. Truly is such a treasure... she said to me the next day when I rang to thank her..."Well yeah there was that one time I came into your room to see if you were well enough to come to the table for dinner but I thought you had died... so I figured... the girls still need to be fed and I will deal with that after dinner" :o :o :o :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh my.

Truly put on the dinner for her and the girls and SAVED Christmas for us. Admittedly she served it up at 11pm as she didnt time the roast very well.... but it was so well done and no-one minded... we are pretty casual with time here. Her lovely ex-boyfriend/now flatmate, Pete drove two hours to pick her up as I couldnt drive her home and she had work the next day.

I got a letter from Batty Christmas Eve. Inside were some posters and articles of One Direction.... the screams were deafening from H. SHe also sent the most amazing "cards" in it. Then they turn into SNOWGLOBES! :D You can just see one of them in this pic of my Christmas trees (yes trees... even though I "missed" Christmas I was NOT going to miss out and have spent the last two days decorating the house even more :D ) There is NO such thing as too much tinsel I say!!!! OR too many Christmas trees!

Oh and can you see my Hogswatch stocking hanging up on my pointy tallboys near the large Christmas Tree?... my daughter dug it out of my last years deccies and put TP's A Blink Of The Screen in it for me (well a fastback library copy as she is a bit skint.. so I need to read it fast and return it... but its truly a case of "the thought that counts" and perfect of her)

Oh and on that 'orrible tin "feature wall" is Toothy's and Bouncy's Chissy cards. :D

and I made a Christmas Tree with lollies (sweets.. caramels) all over it to thank the man over the road for being H's bike mechanic all year.

I actually had people come through to view the house on Boxing Day (how rude!)

But I am well again... tired still but well-er.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Del » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:06 pm

Oh and I wanted to post the ultimate Christmas Tree (well apart from the one made of money)

Its made of BOOKS! :D

Del

Postby ShadowNinjaCat » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:21 pm

Like the book tree and sorry about the first part of H's Christmas,but thankfully she could still have the other half with you guys. :) That ex really needs a good kick somewhere that hurts. :evil: Maybe a strange foreign tourist can "randomly" meet him in the shops. :twisted: He could just chalk it up to foreigners doing things differently,I mean could be a friendly greeting in their country for all he knows. :whistle:
“We are all in the gutter,but some of us are looking at the stars.”- Oscar Wilde
ShadowNinjaCat

Postby Penfold » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:46 am

I'm so glad your Christmas was 'rescued' Del. :D
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Toothy » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:23 am

Big hugs to H, Del. But it sounds like your Christmas was 'truly' fabulous all the same after all. What a great bunch of girls you have there. Obviously that's from the mothers side - goes without saying. ;)

Broccolee wrote:Cheery,you puzzled me slightly...I did send a few Christmas cards but I don't think I sent you one because I don't have your adress....but why does Toothy send you Broccolies...As I said...I'm puzzled...

:shock: I was worried for a moment there. Thought you meant I'd sent Jules your addy, Broc, which I'd never do without you agreeing or asking me to do it. But then I read back a few pages and breathed a sigh of relief. All became clear and I hadn't done any such thing in a moment of aberration. Phew! Jules was referring to the Calendar Girls calendar I sent her from our recent play as she'd asked for a copy aaaages ago. I'm there as Miss April, posing with a basket of broccoli! (My character does a boring talk on broccoli to the ladies of the WI in the first scene ;) ) :lol:
If all is not lost, then where is it?
Toothy

Postby Catch-up » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:16 pm

Del, so sorry about H's day with her dad, and so sorry that you were ill. But so glad things turned around and you all had a wonderful Christmas together! Love the decorations. :D Haven't even downloaded the pictures of our Christmas from my camera yet.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Catch-up » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:30 pm

Although, I have to say, it was awfully hard taking my sister back to the airport yesterday. :( Felt like I'd just picked her up!
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Del » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:37 pm

Are you volunteering Shadow? ;) Damn tourists... can never tell what they will get up to.

Catch-up: time flies when you are having fun huh? I havent even visited one of my sisters for Christmas because she says I have GERMS :lol: I haven't but I will wait a bit to go see her and shower her with pressies. Last year she didnt even have her tree out so we refused to talk to her til we dug out her deccies and tree and put them up. :lol: She loved it. I will take one of our trees this time even if its the New Year ....

Sooooooooooo Toothy: You see.... I figure... if this said "Calendar" is in the public domain... selling it and all.... then there is NO reason you cant scan and publish a pic of your brocolli on the forum.......... ;)
Del

Postby Toothy » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:26 pm

Del wrote: Sooooooooooo Toothy: You see.... I figure... if this said "Calendar" is in the public domain... selling it and all.... then there is NO reason you cant scan and publish a pic of your brocolli on the forum.......... ;)

Wanna bet?! :shock: ;) :lol:
If all is not lost, then where is it?
Toothy

Postby cheery_j. » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:13 pm

Hey Tooths - what is in there for me if I don't show your broccolies to Del? :mrgreen:

Naaaah! Don't worry - she won't get a single broccoli out of me. :shhh:
cheery_j.

Postby Del » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:07 pm

Sheeeeeeeeeesh!

I am TRYING to be supportive here!

I even brought a T-Shirt !

Del

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum