What made you smile today? 6

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: What made you smile today? 6

Postby Alanz » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:56 am

Just booked next years Holidys, Had to do it early as only 12 seats left on Plane this early :o
Alanz

Postby Ghost » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:01 am

yipe so where are you heading
God can't see you when it's cloudy
Ghost

Postby Penfold » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:21 am

Have a great time Jenn and don't forget to take plenty of pics for us. :D

Alanz wrote:Just booked next years Holidys, Had to do it early as only 12 seats left on Plane this early :o

Where are you going that is so popular? :shock: :D
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Len Brook Photography
Penfold

Postby Alanz » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:10 am

Discworld :lol: :lol:
Alanz

Postby Del » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:56 pm

Penfold wrote:
chris.ph wrote:some of my babies :lol:

just to make del jealous :whistle: :whistle:

i hope you fill the spare room shortly dotsie :pray: :D :D

You've got way to much time on your hands chris. ;)

MYYYYYYY PREEEEEECIOOOOOUUUUUSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jenn have a wonderful holiday. I am not that far from Mooooolllloooobaaaa either but it seems an age away. Jealous of our fair state are we guys? Huh? Suffer in your long johns! :lol: "Oh pretty snow! Oh how pretty!" Yeah like for an hour maybe. :lol:

Oh Dotsie... cant wait for the good news and some little mite grubbying up those pristine newly painted walls with a crayon.

So much good news (well some shocking bad news too ... but thats not for this thread).....

Hayden is home for a whole week! YAY! Missed her so much. Got her for Christmas afternoon and night and then she went back. We have spent the day constructing a house with her. It was little ACTUAL bricks and a tiny little trowel and we had to make up mortar... :lol: She got so frustrated after about two hours that she walked off site (how many construction managers have to deal with the builder downing tools because iCarly is on and she needs a nap with Mr Floppy Ears?)... a few building infringements too from what I could see... so yes Mum stepped in and did the hard bits.... we have the roof half on so we had a "topping ceremony". Still quite a bit to do... but the site is closed due to dark, and hot weather tomorrow.

Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Del » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:02 pm

Oh and Hayden received a letter from Broc's daughter on Christmas Day with a pencil and a rubber with her name on it. They are going to be pen pals and H has been working very hard on a letter back to her for two days. Isnt this forum lovely? Apparently Broc's daughter cant imagine a hot hot Christmas and Hayden has no idea what snow is really like. THis should be fun.

AND..... OMG OMG OMG !!!!! Batty sent H some One Direction posters and the scream was ear splitting! Thank you Batty. She loves them.

And and and.... Batty sent .... Oh you will find this in the Christmas Thread.....
Del

Postby Jack Remillard » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:11 pm

Today I'll probably be meeting my new nephew. :)
Jack Remillard

Postby Del » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:29 pm

Ohhhhh new babies. How exciting for you Jack.
Del

Postby ShadowNinjaCat » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:38 pm

That little house is so cute,Del. :D
Hope you had fun meeting your nephew today,Jack. :D
“We are all in the gutter,but some of us are looking at the stars.”- Oscar Wilde
ShadowNinjaCat

Postby Toothy » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:34 am

Awww to H, the l'il house and new babies! :D

Hubby and I were away all day today but got a call from Elder Toothlet to say they'd had a message on the answer phone from someone worried about our elderly neighbour from next door but one. She wasn't answering her phone and no one was expecting her to be out. Younger Toothlet did a reccie on the house but no lights, no sound... They managed to get a call to elderly neighbour's daughter, thanks to another neighbour who had the number and eventually elderly neighbour was found in bed but with a chest infection (she has bad asthma so not good). Apparently she'd been there all day and had knocked the phone off the hook so couldn't get phone calls. Hubby and I had already set off home by this time to see if more help was needed and an ambulance car shot past us on the way. Although we were still quite a way off, I just knew it was for the neighbour and got a bit worried. Sure enough, there it was when we got home. Neighbour is now in hospital to receive a good dose of antibiotics and to be re-hydrated. She should be fine- hurrah! I'm so proud of my Toothlets. :)
If all is not lost, then where is it?
Toothy

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:49 am

Quite right too! Sounds like a positive and happy ending. :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby SamHain » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:55 am

What made me smile today: not a great long story. My 4 week old son grabbed a handful of my wife's yorkshire terriers hair. He's a good dog, and very politely tried to convince my son to return the confiscated handful of hair by backing away. It was quite a while before my son decided dog hair wasn't all that interesting anymore.
There is Light, and there is Dark, but who defines what they mean?
The World goes on by Day and Night, yet Truth remains unseen.
SamHain

Location: I am the one hiding under you bed, teeth ground sharp and eyes glowing red...

Postby Quatermass » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:19 am

What made me smile today? Well, many things, but perhaps the most noteworthy is that Dennis Ferguson is dead.

http://bigpondnews.com/articles/TopStories/2012/12/31/Convicted_paedophile_Ferguson_found_dead_831385.html

I saw this guy on the news so many times, it was ridiculous. Knowing that one of Australia's most infamous paedophiles is worm food has leavened a little of my general cynicism and pessimism towards the world. Seriously, I've gone from Ebenezer Scrooge to Scrooge McDuck. :D

Happy New Year!
Have you seen the size of human brains? They're hilarious!

-The Twelfth Doctor
Quatermass

Postby Catch-up » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:09 pm

Chris, great watches!

Jenn, looks like a wonderful place to vacation. :D

Alanz, I'd love to know where you're going too!

Del, love the house! Good for H, giving it another shot. I probably would have given up!

Jack, did you get to meet your nephew yesterday?

And, Toothy, well done to Toothlet for figuring out how to get to your neighbor. It's a good thing!
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Catch-up » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:10 pm

Lots of things to smile about. Had a wonderful holiday. Got to see some friends and family we haven't seen in awhile. And, Hubby is making wonderful progress on the kitchen and it's looking wonderful. :D
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum